South Africa | Vital Football

South Africa

imps1

Vital 1st Team Regular
I see flights from South Africa are banned again.

I know Clive was coming over for a fans forum I wonder if he got here on time.

I hope so, but I also hope that the new strain doesn't make its way here. I have had three jabs and had Covid, too, so I don't want any more!

Apparently six countries will have to quarantine from Friday. With flights temporarily banned from these. Guateng province in SA looks like it is currently at the centre of it.

It looks frightening with all the mutations. If it can escape the vaccines and anti bodies we could end up being back where we were Feb 2020 if we can’t keep it out of the country.

Edit: Sorry we wouldn’t be back where we started as long as the new anti viral drugs molnupiravir and the Pfizer work against the variant as well as they have proved in trials against the delta variant.

Fingers crossed it isn’t as bad as it has the potential to be.

Last edited:
New variants will appear for a few years yet . Covid will here for years . No point in worrying. What ever will be will be

Our percentage of population who have had the infection stands at 14.52% compared to the US which is slightly higher at 14.64%. Fact is, however, we are closing in on their figure...

Very sad I agree. However living with covid will become the norm. Living with variants included. And I intend do just that until I go upstairs.

And the extra work it requires the already overstretched NHS to do?
Major cases are cancelled on a daily basis.
A friend of a friend died from it , being complacent is keeping the infection rates high and a government who couldn't care less.
Wear a mask inside and get your jabs and let the NHS treat people with something other than covid.

For those worried about Covid, this is interesting
After adjusting for important confounders, participants who reported following ‘plant-based diets’ and ‘plant-based diets or pescatarian diets’ had 73% (OR 0.27, 95% CI 0.10 to 0.81) and 59% (OR 0.41, 95% CI 0.17 to 0.99) lower odds of moderate-to-severe COVID-19 severity, respectively, compared with participants who did not follow these diets. Compared with participants who reported following ‘plant-based diets’, those who reported following ‘low carbohydrate, high protein diets’ had greater odds of moderate-to-severe COVID-19 (OR 3.86, 95% CI 1.13 to 13.24). No association was observed between self-reported diets and COVID-19 infection or duration.
https://nutrition.bmj.com/content/early/2021/05/18/bmjnph-2021-000272

Except for those who still catch it and die. Not forgetting their families, too. 147 deaths recorded today, 149 yesterday and 165 the day before. In three days, that makes 461 deaths = 1,075 per week. Sad, isn't it...

Which to make a football comparison is more than ten Hillsborough's each and every week or close to home, twenty Bradford's each and every week.
Things are fair from ok are they?

Clive was pretty pissed last time UK changed rules, if I had a concern it would that he starts to think it’s too much hassle.

That's fair enough, Chesh, but what about those who don't want to?
Every one has their own agenda . Live with it or live with in and out of restrictions . Like you I've had all three jabs , so I'm certainly not going to worry about something I may or may not get , when I already have another killer disease bubbling under. Selfish??? Maybe to others but not to me

Thanks to Salfordimp for tagging me so I found this thread. And thanks to Impede especially for posting what is for me a particularly interesting article. For the last few years I have been moving towards a plant-based diet and finally went 100% that way when we went into lockdown in March last year.
Whether it played a part or not I obviously don't know but a serology test earlier this year indicated I had strong Covid antibodies despite not experiencing any meaningful Covid symptoms at any time since the start of the pandemic.

Clive was pretty pissed last time UK changed rules, if I had a concern it would that he starts to think it’s too much hassle.
I was pissed off because of the unjustified decision of the UK government to leave SA on the red list when our situation had improved significantly and was far better than countries on the green list. And the decision not to recognise our vaccinations (mainly Pfizer) was even more ridiculous. Thankfully within 2 weeks the UK reversed both those decisions.

Thanks to Salfordimp for tagging me so I found this thread. And thanks to Impede especially for posting what is for me a particularly interesting article. For the last few years I have been moving towards a plant-based diet and finally went 100% that way when we went into lockdown in March last year.
Whether it played a part or not I obviously don't know but a serology test earlier this year indicated I had strong Covid antibodies despite not experiencing any meaningful Covid symptoms at any time since the start of the pandemic.

Along with approximately 30% of the total population who contracted the virus Clive...