Sounds like a top signing | Page 3 | Vital Football

Sounds like a top signing

The truth wasn't just stretched by Remain ..................

If you read my post properly KDZ, I did actually acknowledge that. I said: you're probably right..... truths were stretched to the extent that lies were told........

..........Brexit has exposed the utter shambles of political system is on every level including how it doesnt actually represent anyone but its own interests and i think a change is coming that is long overdue. Farage isnt the end solution but if he gets the ball rolling I'm happy with that. It will be a long process to satisfactory political reform.

Though I agree with the first part, I absolutely can't accept that the serf-serving tosser should be a part of whatever happens in the future.

ALL OF IT! Especially the bit where it says it’s about 50/50 imports/exports with the EU.
Oh, but you said it was 10%?!? Are you saying our government is wrong?

All of it backs up what i say and you are misinterpreting and conflating different stats.

Go back to my early post i said only 10% of the UK economy is exporting to the EU. I never said that 10% of our exports go to the EU and that is a different stat.

That’s exactly the same statistic. You’re so far down the rabbit hole you can’t even see the light. In that article it fully lays out why we need the EU (Free trade, free movement and subsidies).
I’m a History grad and Just having a look through this dialogue with a friend of mine with a masters in Economics.
Yep, they agree with me.
I assure you I will find a way to get to where I want to be (anywhere but Britain) despite the older generations deciding what I can to do based on their backwards jingoistic views.
Remember when there’s mass inequality in this country post Brexit that you were warned.

That’s exactly the same statistic. You’re so far down the rabbit hole you can’t even see the light. In that article it fully lays out why we need the EU (Free trade, free movement and subsidies).
I’m a History grad and Just having a look through this dialogue with a friend of mine with a masters in Economics.
Yep, they agree with me.
I assure you I will find a way to get to where I want to be (anywhere but Britain) despite the older generations deciding what I can to do based on their backwards jingoistic views.
Remember when there’s mass inequality in this country post Brexit that you were warned.
A history grad with a mate with an economics masters - that'll explain your stance then - priceless ......!
Enjoy utilising your useless degree in the real world - no wonder you're bleating

A history grad with a mate with an economics masters - that'll explain your stance then - priceless ......!
Enjoy utilising your useless degree in the real world - no wonder you're bleating
So because I am educated I am somehow open to ridicule from you?

I have completed an apprenticeship in carpentry, I live in Middlesbrough the poorest Town in the UK. DO NOT presume to know someone, I have worked tirelessly to get where I am. And I don't need to be talked down to by you. Thanks. XOXO

So because I am educated I am somehow open to ridicule from you?
It's not ridicule, its reality, if you choose a useless history degree ironically its you who are literally "looking backwards".
Also - don't think you are alone in being educated it didn't start recently :contract:

It's not ridicule, its reality, if you choose a useless history degree ironically its you who are literally "looking backwards".
Also - don't think you are alone in being educated it didn't start recently :contract:
I haven't chosen a useless degree obviously because it has enabled me to go onto do some pretty incredible things. And with a Postgrad in Law/Journalism on the table the fun never stops.
I am very proud of my achievements and maybe your sneering and posturing comes from a place of ignorance or jealousy?
I am here to talk if you need some help.
It's okay not to be okay. XOXO

I haven't chosen a useless degree obviously because it has enabled me to go onto do some pretty incredible things. And with a Postgrad in Law/Journalism on the table the fun never stops.
I am very proud of my achievements and maybe your sneering and posturing comes from a place of ignorance or jealousy?
I am here to talk if you need some help.
It's okay not to be okay. XOXO
Thanks but no help needed - maybe a look in the mirror ?
Congrats on your never ending educational career sure it will work out once you emigrate
Anyone who claims "the fun never stops" is in for a rude awakening down the line :shake:

Yep, they agree with me.

It's not a rabit hole it's basic reading of statistics and like i said you are confusing and conflating 2 seperate pieces of data. So I'll try and explain it more clearly:

The UK economy is made up of:
1. Interntal trade
2 .Exports to the EU
3. Imports from the EU
4. Exports to rest of world
5. Imports from rest of world

5 effective pieces of the pie - in which about 10% of our economy is exporting to the EU or 12% if you include transits to non EU countries that go via the EU. This is true.

You are talking about a different statistic which only has 2 data points
1. EU trade
2. Rest of World trade

You are correct when you say 45% or so of our overseas trade is with the EU - i never disputed that. But you are totally wrong that the stat you quoted disproves the one i mentioned. As 45% of trade to the EU works out at only 10% of our whole economy. They are both simultaneously true but different stats. The data you posted actually confirms many of the stats i sited in my original post rather than contradicts it.

Put it this way if you had a bakery selling different items. 45% of the the pies you sell might be meat and patatoe but that doesn't mean 45% of your shops takings is meat and patatoe pies. After you count up how many cakes, bread and other items you sell that 45% of meat pies only makes up 10% of your total business.

Economic degrees mean very little for credability - the former governor of the bank of England will know more than your mate and he agrees with me. Yet the current govenor of the BOE disagrees with him. Most economists said the vote to leave the EU alone would lead to mass capital flight, 500k hob loses and recession - all wrong, many also said joining the ERM and Euro would be good ideas - they were wrong on both counts and most of them somehow missed the financial crash in 2008 while a small handful of other economists call that correctly against the concensus. Saying having economy degree makes you credible and reliable is like saying anyone who gets their FA coaching badges is a good manager. You can find economists trained to the highest standards yet they can totally condradict each other as ultimately economists are making guesses - some are better than others and some are useless. Best thing is to not take anyones word as gospel regardless of credentials as all sides of an argument will have economic experts supporting them and as i say consensus means very little. Read what the different economists say and look at their reasoning and metrics and make up your own mind on what you think makes the most sense and then you can argue your own point of view rather than just assume or repeat sweeping statements.

Good look in your moving away. if you have any talent or marketable skills that another country would value I imagine you'll have no problem finding employment abroad. Not sure if History grads are in high demand on the continent but if there is a demand and you are good enough it will be no different to many talented Brits emigrate to the US, Canada, Australia and other none EU states currently. But i strongly suspect if / when a real Brexit ever happens there will be free movement for skilled labour anyway tbh.

But i think if you do go abroad you will find that your distain for your own country is quite misplaced. For all our nations faults we are all very lucky to be born and live in this country - if you think that inequality is bad here look at eastern Europe where the is often no minimum wage, little to no welfare system and a full time min wage UK salary would be the equivalent of something like 100k in comparison to their salary. Or southern europe where youth unemployment is double, triple or near quandrouple in the likes of Greece, Italy and Spain compared to the UK. You say you want to leave because you think the UK is so racist but polling data taken accross Europe shows we are one of the most tolerant and least prejudice societies on the continent so if you think we are so bad you might find the grass isn't always greener on the other side. And i wont even begin compare how lucky we are to live in the UK compared to many non European countries. It's easy to lose sight of how lucky we are in the UK compared to the majority of humans on the earth born in much worse circumstances.

Last edited:
I've known plenty who emigrate to Spain for the sun and who love it as well but remain fiercely proud of this country and all it stands for unlike some of the younger generation who must be getting force fed some kind of self loathing by left leaning ,self loathing teachers. I just wish the lot of um would pack up and piss off somewhere else like France for instance where a huge % vote for the far right Le Pen ( much more than vote far right here btw ).

Watch them all come scuttling back though if their health fails and they need the NHS.

I've known plenty who emigrate to Spain for the sun and who love it as well but remain fiercely proud of this country and all it stands for unlike some of the younger generation who must be getting force fed some kind of self loathing by left leaning ,self loathing teachers. I just wish the lot of um would pack up and piss off somewhere else like France for instance where a huge % vote for the far right Le Pen ( much more than vote far right here btw ).

Watch them all come scuttling back though if their health fails and they need the NHS.
It is a generational change.
My generation are much more tolerant and inclusive than any before. This is why we want to share in the culture and diversity of the EU.
(INCLUDING TRADE KDZ)
WE DO NOT;
Want our future decided by older generations that still cling onto the notion that we are a global superpower, clinging to the coat-tails of America

It's not a rabit hole it's basic reading of statistics and like i said you are confusing and conflating 2 seperate pieces of data. So I'll try and explain it more clearly:

The UK economy is made up of:
1. Interntal trade
2 .Exports to the EU
3. Imports from the EU
4. Exports to rest of world
5. Imports from rest of world

5 effective pieces of the pie - in which about 10% of our economy is exporting to the EU or 12% if you include transits to non EU countries that go via the EU. This is true.

You are talking about a different statistic which only has 2 data points
1. EU trade
2. Rest of World trade

You are correct when you say 45% or so of our overseas trade is with the EU - i never disputed that. But you are totally wrong that the stat you quoted disproves the one i mentioned. As 45% of trade to the EU works out at only 10% of our whole economy. They are both simultaneously true but different stats. The data you posted actually confirms many of the stats i sited in my original post rather than contradicts it.

Put it this way if you had a bakery selling different items. 45% of the the pies you sell might be meat and patatoe but that doesn't mean 45% of your shops takings is meat and patatoe pies. After you count up how many cakes, bread and other items you sell that 45% of meat pies only makes up 10% of your total business.

Economic degrees mean very little for credability - the former governor of the bank of England will know more than your mate and he agrees with me. Yet the current govenor of the BOE disagrees with him. Most economists said the vote to leave the EU alone would lead to mass capital flight, 500k hob loses and recession - all wrong, many also said joining the ERM and Euro would be good ideas - they were wrong on both counts and most of them somehow missed the financial crash in 2008 while a small handful of other economists call that correctly against the concensus. Saying having economy degree makes you credible and reliable is like saying anyone who gets their FA coaching badges is a good manager. You can find economists trained to the highest standards yet they can totally condradict each other as ultimately economists are making guesses - some are better than others and some are useless. Best thing is to not take anyones word as gospel regardless of credentials as all sides of an argument will have economic experts supporting them and as i say consensus means very little. Read what the different economists say and look at their reasoning and metrics and make up your own mind on what you think makes the most sense and then you can argue your own point of view rather than just assume or repeat sweeping statements.

Good look in your moving away. if you have any talent or marketable skills that another country would value I imagine you'll have no problem finding employment abroad. Not sure if History grads are in high demand on the continent but if there is a demand and you are good enough it will be no different to many talented Brits emigrate to the US, Canada, Australia and other none EU states currently. But i strongly suspect if / when a real Brexit ever happens there will be free movement for skilled labour anyway tbh.

But i think if you do go abroad you will find that your distain for your own country is quite misplaced. For all our nations faults we are all very lucky to be born and live in this country - if you think that inequality is bad here look at eastern Europe where the is often no minimum wage, little to no welfare system and a full time min wage UK salary would be the equivalent of something like 100k in comparison to their salary. Or southern europe where youth unemployment is double, triple or near quandrouple in the likes of Greece, Italy and Spain compared to the UK. You say you want to leave because you think the UK is so racist but polling data taken accross Europe shows we are one of the most tolerant and least prejudice societies on the continent so if you think we are so bad you might find the grass isn't always greener on the other side. And i wont even begin compare how lucky we are to live in the UK compared to many non European countries. It's easy to lose sight of how lucky we are in the UK compared to the majority of humans on the earth born in much worse circumstances.

I would be happy to read some actual statistics for that!

My generation are much more tolerant and inclusive than any before. This is why we want to share in the culture and diversity of the EU.
(INCLUDING TRADE KDZ)
WE DO NOT;
Want our future decided by older generations that still cling onto the notion that we are a global superpower, clinging to the coat-tails of America
Each generation goes through this angst. I remember once voting for the WRP in my late teens because the older generation was "to my radical mind" crazily supporting Thatcher.
Don't worry with maturity comes reality and when the fun stops you will remember your younger self and shake your head a little.
It will all be fine, then you can look at the next younger generation knowingly.
No-one is believing we are a superpower but neither are we a tin pot 3rd world country !

(INCLUDING TRADE KDZ)
WE DO NOT;

You still here ?...I'd have thought you would have found another country by now eager and willing to take a clever c***t like you with a piece of paper to prove it.

It's called democracy though however unpalatable that may seem to you....you are right in one respect true enough. We as an older generation have spawned a younger generation who believe if they cant get their own way that to stamp their feet and throw a tantrum until everyone backs down and says " there, there little diddums don't sulk mummy's little soldier " is the way forward.

Grow up.

I would be happy to read some actual statistics for that!

Moving swiftly on then from the fact you made yourself look a bit silly with you economic illiteracy.

Youth unempoyment stats:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/266228/youth-unemployment-rate-in-eu-countries/

Tolerance compared to rest of world according to analysis of the largest public European and international surveys of human beliefs and values, prejudice:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/blog...inst-immigrants-amongst-lowest-in-europe/amp/

For most of my economic stats you actually posted the numbers already thanks for that.

Considering you mentioned about an interest in journalism you show a distinct lack of knowledge, ability to do research, understanding basic statistics or think for yourself. Just lazily regurgitating sweeping generalisations 'my future has been stolen' 'old people are problem' 'people who voted Brexit are racist' or 'my mate agrees with me' is not screaming journalist material.

(INCLUDING TRADE KDZ)
WE DO NOT;

Richy, you seem to epitomise the current safe space snowflake generation. Sadly the country has failed you by giving free reign to left wing teachers fostering this self entitlement upon our current youth. A rude awakening faces you when you do actually have to step into job market and realise all is not what you've been told. I hope for your sake you can adapt quickly. All the best.

Richy....... ignore 'em mate. They're all getting a bit uppity cos the dodgy vote they won probably isn't going to deliver what they thought/wanted/were told.

Johnson, Rees-Mogg. Farage etc are busily lining their own pockets, and have more or less caved in to the fact that they had an open goal, and they did a Ronnie Rosenthal! (Note- that isn't meant in an anti semitic way).

Keep up the good work pal......& good luck.
?

Richy....... ignore 'em mate. They're all getting a bit uppity cos the dodgy vote they won probably isn't going to deliver what they thought/wanted/were told.

Johnson, Rees-Mogg. Farage etc are busily lining their own pockets, and have more or less caved in to the fact that they had an open goal, and they did a Ronnie Rosenthal! (Note- that isn't meant in an anti semitic way).

Keep up the good work pal......& good luck.
?

If this is 'good work' then it validates exactly what MIW said above.