Soudani or Bamford | Page 3 | Vital Football

Soudani or Bamford

Soudani or Bamford

• Soudani

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • Bamford

Votes: 12 40.0%

• Total voters
Just bringing this thread back, as both strikers are now out for a while with knee injuries.

Bamford, obviously now at Leeds - is expected to return around February - but has youth on his side.

Soundani had an operation on his knee injury last week and is expected to be out for around 5-6 months. Hilal is 31 next week, so looks like the striking curse has struck again at NFFC.

Murphy started well, but has not featured for last 6 weeks - so with just Grabban & Karim, (& Brereton having joined Blackburn) will this be an area Forest look to strengthen, or perhaps give Appiah & Gomis a chance?

Just bringing this thread back, as both strikers are now out for a while with knee injuries.

Bamford, obviously now at Leeds - is expected to return around February - but has youth on his side.

Soundani had an operation on his knee injury last week and is expected to be out for around 5-6 months. Hilal is 31 next week, so looks like the striking curse has struck again at NFFC.

Murphy started well, but has not featured for last 6 weeks - so with just Grabban & Karim, (& Brereton having joined Blackburn) will this be an area Forest look to strengthen, or perhaps give Appiah & Gomis a chance?

Burke would suit me. Could fill that troublesome RAM position and double as a striker when required.

Its unfortunate but injuries can happen at any point and they don't necessarily mean its a weakness. He could have been rushing back too soon and either overcompensated or not fully recovered.
What it does show was how important getting Ansarisfard in was.
If Soudani is out for the season, will AK look at the loan market in Jan for a player?
For me he will and it might be another surprise!

Its unfortunate but injuries can happen at any point and they don't necessarily mean its a weakness. He could have been rushing back too soon and either overcompensated or not fully recovered.
What it does show was how important getting Ansarisfard in was.
If Soudani is out for the season, will AK look at the loan market in Jan for a player?
For me he will and it might be another surprise!

We have yet to see what Karim can do and with Murphy's illness/injury record - it heaps a lot of pressure on to Grabban.

I can't imagine we'd have many takers for Murphy, should we try to offload either - but, it would not shock me to see him allowed to leave.

Personally, I think we are more likely to see us loan a striker in January, rather than buy - as we still have to be mindful of FFP - although, I can see us offloading someone like Osborn (to balance the books, coupled with Brereton sale) and possibly even agreeing to sell Jorge Grant.

Release Arriyibi, see what we can get for Zach Clough and I think Rangers may well test our resolve with an offer for Worrall.

Jamie Ward & Stephen Henderson should be paid up, Yates to go out on loan with Jordan Smith

Other peripheral players; Watson/Bridcutt may well go out on loan - unless we can sell.

Whilst I do think we have a relatively settled squad, Aitor has shown he can be ruthless - so, it will be interesting to see his approach in January.

I'd have a striker, left back & right winger on my shopping list!

Agree mostly with you okd
the bits I have seen of murphy before his injury was good.
it has been mentioned of a right winger who can play up front. Cheeky loan bid for Antonio?
I think if bridcutt is so far down the pecking order let him go. The same for Watson.
The rest of what you said is fine by me.
Unfortunately the way we are set up to play, the striker we need is someone like diego costa. An extremely rare beast

OKD, I have been told there is a significant amount of money available in January, dwarfing the summer outlay.

Amazing, if true - my worry would be adding disruption to the side by adding a raft of new faces.

I'd hope it's more focussed with 3-4, rather than adding 17.

Didnt Karanka state last week that he wants to reduce the squad size?

We have the Brereton money which can be multiplied by a factor of four or five for FFP purposes if he wants to spend.

I would guess that he will spend whatever he is allowed to.

He has previous for spending at Boro, where he had a large churn of playing staff.

If we are within touching distance of the top come the opening of the window, he has to sign players regardless; we have to maximise opportunities as the arise, not hang around hoping for things to develop in the future.

Didnt Karanka state last week that he wants to reduce the squad size?

We have the Brereton money which can be multiplied by a factor of four or five for FFP purposes if he wants to spend.

I would guess that he will spend whatever he is allowed to.

He has previous for spending at Boro, where he had a large churn of playing staff.

If we are within touching distance of the top come the opening of the window, he has to sign players regardless; we have to maximise opportunities as the arise, not hang around hoping for things to develop in the future.

I don't disagree, with the need to add more quality in certain positions and I really do think we will offload a few, which coupled with the money from Blackburn, will facilitate that spend.

I suppose I'm just cautious, given the latter stages of Nigel Doughty's tenure and the mismanaged, overpromised, under - delivering tenure of Fawaz & co.