SORT OUR FUCKING HOME RECORD OUT, STEVIE | Page 2 | Vital Football

SORT OUR FUCKING HOME RECORD OUT, STEVIE

Sorry but we desperately need a "new manager bounce". At this rate I think we might get one point from our last 4 games. Whoever said 48 points would be enough is crazy.

Get someone in by Monday.
A new manager bounce might be little more than a gentle skip. Do you think a new manager will get anything out of a bunch, not all, of the players, who will not take responsibility. At home you have to attack not sit back and wait for the opposition. I doubt Shrewsbury could believe their luck.

It was awful today, but calling for a new manager is overdoing it. I can remember terrible performances under even our most successful managers. Sometimes, for whatever reason, the players just don't (or can't) do what they're told to do.

There's another couple of things to take into account too. Firstly, not just any old manager might be better. You might end up with God knows who. (Clue: he loves pies and spending lots of money.)

Secondly, it's not always down to ourselves. Maybe we ought to give Shrewsbury some credit for the way they played today. They snuffed us out completely and deserved their win.

Fully agree with Bromley. It’s not just about today, we have been woeful in a number of games - and seemingly more and more recently against some rubbish teams, including Shrewsbury today, who were better than us, but pretty useless as far as I can see with the main difference being they scored two powder puff mis-hit bobbling pea rollers that somehow sneaked in. Beyond that, I can’t really be bothered to waste my time commenting on today’s game - what’s worse was that I absolutely froze my bollocks off in the shade and northeasterly wind hitting us in the GRS whilst I could see people opposite in the Medway Stand sheltered from the wind and sitting in T-Shirts in the glorious sun.

I think a bit like Brighton in the Prem league we will survive as we’ve just about got enough points on the board and some below us are so poor and unlikely to catch our meagre total with games running out - I wouldn’t bank on it though.

What is most worrying for me is not the poor results, but that we are not only losing to poor teams but are showing almost zero fight and spirit. The direction we are going in, I am afraid it does not instil confidence in the management team and I think we’ll probably need to replace SL and his team for next season whatever division we’re in.

I've checked out all the fixtures of the teams below us and there all playing teams from the top 6 or teams around us at the bottom. I would be amazed if we went down but I guess it's not impossible, most of the football I've watched at Gills for the last 2 seasons has been woeful but we see teams like Shrewsbury playing neat flowing football on the floor surely that is down to the managment team,

Are we so unathletic or unergetic that we can’t press teams ? Bollocks to pacing ourselves. I’d rather have a Danny Kedwell or a Rene Howe who would literally chase from one side of the pitch to the other to close defenders down. If they have to come off after 60 minutes because they’re knackered so be it. But at least we might give ourselves a chance in home matches. Otherwise the result is so utterly predictable. Just watching the forwards and midfield jog around while the opposition bring the ball to the edge of our box is finally breaking my loyalty. It’s not good enough. The least I expect is honest effort. This team isn’t providing it (at home).

Are we so unathletic or unergetic that we can’t press teams ? Bollocks to pacing ourselves. I’d rather have a Danny Kedwell or a Rene Howe who would literally chase from one side of the pitch to the other to close defenders down. If they have to come off after 60 minutes because they’re knackered so be it. But at least we might give ourselves a chance in home matches. Otherwise the result is so utterly predictable. Just watching the forwards and midfield jog around while the opposition bring the ball to the edge of our box is finally breaking my loyalty. It’s not good enough. The least I expect is honest effort. This team isn’t providing it (at home).

Agree, the problem with pressing high is that its all set by the back four and their position on the pitch. Our back four as soon as we lose the ball retreat to 10 yards outside our own box, therefore making it impossible to press. Whether that's something they do or are instructed to do I don't know but when SL first took over it was one thing we did do, and well, which helps your starting position as you're winning the ball higher up the pitch.

With performances like yesterday (and a lot of our home games over the last two years) there is so much wrong and most of it is down to the management and set up, formation and tactics. Even when we've won games how many times have we played well and convincingly beaten teams? (Plymouth?)

It was awful today, but calling for a new manager is overdoing it. I can remember terrible performances under even our most successful managers. Sometimes, for whatever reason, the players just don't (or can't) do what they're told to do.

Secondly, it's not always down to ourselves. Maybe we ought to give Shrewsbury some credit for the way they played today. They snuffed us out completely and deserved their win.

I think if it was a rarity you would be right but we have been consistently poor at home over the last two seasons. I think its fair to say Lovell doesn't know how to change that - he has had plenty of time. Lets be honest its only the good away form that has kept us up.

We should give Shrews credit, they passed the ball and looked a whole lot more dangerous than us. Problem is we seem to make the away teams look good against us. All of those home defeats and poor performances can't just be down to the away team playing well. At some point we have to look at the tactics of the manager.

In the words of Mike Bassett maybe we should just try 4-4-effin-2. Let the full backs have an outlet in front of them, let the wide players run at defenders and cross it one of two central strikers.

Maybe we should just try playing simple football and not fitting the players into different formation. Its not working at home and hasn't for two years plus - lets try something new.

After that dreadful performance I really think we may go down. We'll certainly need another couple of points and I can't see where they're coming from. I'll be waiting on till the 29th before renewing my season ticket. If we're not safe by then I won't be buying. Won't take the chance - certainly won't buy a season ticket if we go down.

Just put £20 on us to go down at 18 to 1. Skybet.

Of course I want us to stay up but at least I'll have some dosh if we do go down. I did the same for the last 2 seasons and happy to have lost.

How about having Hess back. He's a much better judge of players than SL.

Just put £20 on us to go down at 18 to 1. Skybet.

Of course I want us to stay up but at least I'll have some dosh if we do go down. I did the same for the last 2 seasons and happy to have lost.

How about having Hess back. He's a much better judge of players than SL.

I had 20 quid on us to go down when we got relegated at Wycombe, which required about 6 results to go against us and was about 20/1. Sadly, most of it went straight on my league two season ticket, so not a lot gained!

After that dreadful performance I really think we may go down. We'll certainly need another couple of points and I can't see where they're coming from. I'll be waiting on till the 29th before renewing my season ticket. If we're not safe by then I won't be buying. Won't take the chance - certainly won't buy a season ticket if we go down.

I can see us being nervous and lose to a poor Plymouth side on Friday as they’ll probably be fighting and defending like their lives defended on it, will be well drilled by their manager and probably like Shrewsbury be able to manage a game and employ gamesmanship which is vital in a relegation battle which is something our management and players seem totally devoid of.

However, I can see our last three games being dead rubbers for our opponents - Bradford will be gone, Charlton safe in the playoffs and probably unable to make the top two and Blackpool well outside a playoff crack. This will mean these teams will want to beat us and win the match - we tend to be far better in these situations, ie away or against good teams at home, as I genuinely think our players are good enough to win games in an open match - we just haven’t got a clue both on the pitch and on the bench how to win tight games against battling teams or employ game management or gamesmanship.

Worst performance in a long time Steve Lovell said - he was bloody right !!!

Simply awful