Sort Jock. | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sort Jock.

Jock, i have worked all over Scotland and i can swear that i have been a victim of horrendous verbal abuse. I have also seen many times Swedish Argentinian Polish and German flags in abundance when England have been competing in a tournament. I didnt just wake up one morning hating the Scotts I have justified reason for it.

Like yourself mate I have worked, and holidayed, all over Scotland but have never been abused or shown anything but friendship.

Can you honestly, hand on heart, say that you would be any different to the Scottish fans if the boot were on the other foot and England were failing to qualify while the Scot's marched on. :unsure:

Like yourself mate I have worked, and holidayed, all over Scotland but have never been abused or shown anything but friendship.

Can you honestly, hand on heart, say that you would be any different to the Scottish fans if the boot were on the other foot and England were failing to qualify while the Scot's marched on. :unsure:

Probably not in ur " would you be any different to Scottish fans if the boot were on the other foot "...probably not, but we'd still give a fair bit of stick / banter. I live the rivalry, no different IMO to the 'we hat Bolton' sort of shit, n I seriously get that if England supporters want to give us shit then fair play...if it gets out of hand then well it shouldn't but shit happens....
Livr = live....the edit

There is good d and bad everywhere, be it England,Scotland,Wales, Ireland, even Bolton and Liverpool. look for the good and ignore the idiots and be positive and happy. I support all Uk teams unless they are playing each other. I love Wales with my ancestry but really I am English. I would love Wales to win trophies but I accept we will probably fall short so Expect England to win because they can. I enjoy holidays in Wales an Scotland as well as England. Generalisation is a bad way to decide. 😎😀 keep smiling and watching the Latics

There is good d and bad everywhere, be it England,Scotland,Wales, Ireland, even Bolton and Liverpool. look for the good and ignore the idiots and be positive and happy. I support all Uk teams unless they are playing each other. I love Wales with my ancestry but really I am English. I would love Wales to win trophies but I accept we will probably fall short so Expect England to win because they can. I enjoy holidays in Wales an Scotland as well as England. Generalisation is a bad way to decide. 😎😀 keep smiling and watching the Latics

I'm same Taff regarding ancestry....my great grandad came from Ruabon so that makes me 1/16 th Welsh but 15/16 the English. Much more worrying for me personally is my grandma on my mams side came from Bolton and my grand-dad on my dads side from St. Helens.

Now that is a family embarrassment 😑

Imagine my surprise when I glanced at one o‘ them Ancestry sites and discovered my Dad’s Mum was from Farnworth …..I was wondering where this creeping, insidious grudging admiration acceptance of Evatt was coming from 🫣

Further Bury antecedents on my Dad’s side and Oxfordshire and Shropshire on my Mum’s…..just goes to show if you go back far enough every bugger is ‘from’ somewhere else!

Probably not in ur " would you be any different to Scottish fans if the boot were on the other foot "...probably not, but we'd still give a fair bit of stick / banter. I live the rivalry, no different IMO to the 'we hat Bolton' sort of shit, n I seriously get that if England supporters want to give us shit then fair play...if it gets out of hand then well it shouldn't but shit happens....
Livr = live....the edit

The animosity in Scotland toward the English has grown significantly in the last decade due to the growth of the Scottish Nationalists fuelling this hatred and blaming everything that goes wrong on Westminster. Their politicians are a disgrace. They take responsibility for nothing yet their catalogue of failures increases by the week.

In regards the football, I must say i enjoyed the Scottish teams humiliation at the hands of Ukraine the other night. On the flip side an England Scotland fixture at the World Cup would have been a stand out fixture so it’s unfortunate for all fans that now won’t take place. In regards Sundays fixture I’d always root for Wales, but no one could deny it would boost the Ukrainian people enormously if they made it. A difficult one.