Sorry SL but it's time to part company | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sorry SL but it's time to part company

For me staying for a wage is a foolish option.

Are you serious? Do you think that's that he is doing?!

How many different roles has he filled for the club over the years? He loves the club and loves being our manager.

Can't believe you think hanging around for a wage is even a consideration.

Perhaps he should hassle Scally for some new players but how do we know he hasn't been? Publicly questioning the chairman, now that would be foolish...

Whoever said that suggesting Guardiola et al couldn't do better is silly - I'm not sure it's that simple. Those managets are used to managing proper quality players. They wouldn't necessarily have similar success with players who might not understand the tactics or more likely, not have the quality to put the manager's ideas and instructions into practice.

Loads of other factors too. Basically, being a third division manager is very different to managing and top club.

Last edited:
Staying up for me is not what i want my team to be aiming for. I want a team capable of getting in the play-offs as a minimum.

The lack of investment in the squad is Scally's fault.

BUT if SL feels the squad is not good enough then you either resign or insist on more money and then resign when Scally says no.

For me staying for a wage is a foolish option.

Foolish post.

So if you want a better budget (as every manager outside of Manchester City wants) but can't have what you want you should sign on the dole?

Utterly ridiculous.

Are you serious? Do you think that's that he is doing?!

How many different roles has he filled for the club over the years? He loves the club and loves being our manager.

Can't believe you think hanging around for a wage is even a consideration.

Perhaps he should hassle Scally for some new players but God go we know he hasn't been. Publicly questioning the chairman, now that would be foolish.

Whoever said that suggesting Guardiola et al couldn't do better is silly - I'm not sure it's that simple. Those managets are used to managing proper quality players. They wouldn't necessarily have similar success with players who might not understand the tactics or more likely, not have the quality to put the manager's ideas and instructions into practice.

Loads of other factors too. Basically, bring a third division manager is very different to managing and top club.
The question is why is the chairman not investing in the team.

If SL feels there is money but it's not being spent on the team you have to query your position.

If we can magic 500k on a pitch but nothing on the team that cannot be right.

If the chairman has no money for the team and as the manager you know the team is inadequate you have to resign.

Why would you hang around if you know the team needs investment but no funds are being given?

For me coaching can make a player slightly better but if the basics are missing you cannot polish a turd!

On the outside chance that Lovell actually reads this stuff I'll make clear that I am right behind him. Does he make mistakes? Don't we all? Still the best man for the job in my opinion and the loudest voices do not always speak sense, either on this board, or in the ground.

I'm looking forward to a day away in Swansea rapidly followed by a chance to improve the points total on Tuesday. UTG

The question is why is the chairman not investing in the team.

If SL feels there is money but it's not being spent on the team you have to query your position.

If we can magic 500k on a pitch but nothing on the team that cannot be right.

If the chairman has no money for the team and as the manager you know the team is inadequate you have to resign.

Why would you hang around if you know the team needs investment but no funds are being given?

For me coaching can make a player slightly better but if the basics are missing you cannot polish a turd!

Jesus wept. Whatever happened to working within the budget you're given and making the most of the players that you've got?

SL has worked wonders on a comparitively small amount and has added value to players like Eaves and Holy (if we sell them) . A bigger budget would obviously help but guarantees less at our level and we all know it's as unlikly as winning the FA Cup . We need to keep SL untill the season end as he still gets the most out of this squad of lower than average paid players.