Songs Unique to Gills | Page 2 | Vital Football

Songs Unique to Gills

The one song that I associate with the Gills and I've never heard sung by any other team is Molly Malone.

Being a real saddo I've sung it to myself on occasion for about 6 decades now.

A true Gills only song.

Yup, 60s RE and on the blues away coach.

We can't read and we cant write, we wear gold and nikes,
We all come from gillingham and we are fcking ******!

Okay so the tune is used by many, but the words are almost entirely original.

Dont know anyone that sings the last waltz, and have never heard anyone sing the dublins fair city song anywhere other than at a local lock in at a pub my wifes home town in ireland.

We can't read and we cant write, we wear gold and nikes,
We all come from gillingham and we are fcking ******!

Okay so the tune is used by many, but the words are almost entirely original.

Dont know anyone that sings the last waltz, and have never heard anyone sing the dublins fair city song anywhere other than at a local lock in at a pub my wifes home town in ireland.

As I mentioned earlier, Peterboro claim they’ve been singing The Last Waltz since 60’s/70’s. I’ve never heard them tho (small sample admittedly).

Im pretty sure “Molly Malone” song was sung by multiple clubs with their own version and words. As was “We all come from...”. Just insert area (or ground) that team comes from.

The one that amazes me is how YNWA has gone from being sung by every team to now just “owned” by Liverpool.

We used to sing 2 versions. The standard one, then the quick one with “clap, clap” every 2nd or 3rd word.