šŸš¹ Son Heung-Min - Player Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

šŸš¹ Son Heung-Min - Player Thread

The postponement til his 30s isn't a guaranteed thing at all from what I've read. And it was bronze at the Olympics that got exemption so silver in Asian games again doesn't guarantee anything.

The postponement til his 30s isn't a guaranteed thing at all from what I've read. And it was bronze at the Olympics that got exemption so silver in Asian games again doesn't guarantee anything.

Not sure any of it is guaranteed, even exemption for winning gold. It even feels a bit strange that a 19/20 year old kid in the squad who doesn't make an a single appearance in the games gets the same treatment as the captain Son.

80, I first of all think all military participation should be voluntary.

If mandatory conscription must exist, reasons for people to avoid it could range from disability, conscientious objection, to career pursuits. There are probably many reasonable reasons a human should be able to invoke in order to not be coerced into state servitude.

For Sonny, I think itā€™s unreasonable to demand he gives up, possibly the best years of his career. How many years does a footballer get to play professionally on average. 12? And SK wants 2 of those? Will he ever come back after 2 years to peak form? Probably not. No I would say itā€™s very unreasonable. He should be allowed to pay the salary of a mercenary to take his place or to wait till his professional career is over.

Ex saying itā€™s immoral was a bit ignorant IMO. I donā€™t think it will come to Ā«draft dodgingĀ», but if the 20th century has taught us anything, thru fascism and MLK and Gandhi, it is that it is perfectly moral to disobey unjust laws. Itā€™s a bullshit law. Sonny is not the property of his country of origins, nor for that matter THFC, nor anyone but himself. Iā€™m a bit disappointed so many on here have such a poor comprehension of philosophy, but I suppose itā€™s par for the course given this is a football forum.

A double standard is inherently immoral. However, if he has to serve, as was outlined in a previous post, at the end of his football career or, let's say 35, whichever comes first, then I'm OK with it.

Secondly, 2 years service for your country is still a good thing in my mind and is a great option for further education at a much lower cost.

Yup. Why shouldn't he be able to defer til he retires? I'd say as long as he starts his 2 years before 40 it should be acceptable.

80, I first of all think all military participation should be voluntary.

If mandatory conscription must exist, reasons for people to avoid it could range from disability, conscientious objection, to career pursuits. There are probably many reasonable reasons a human should be able to invoke in order to not be coerced into state servitude.

For Sonny, I think itā€™s unreasonable to demand he gives up, possibly the best years of his career. How many years does a footballer get to play professionally on average. 12? And SK wants 2 of those? Will he ever come back after 2 years to peak form? Probably not. No I would say itā€™s very unreasonable. He should be allowed to pay the salary of a mercenary to take his place or to wait till his professional career is over.

Ex saying itā€™s immoral was a bit ignorant IMO. I donā€™t think it will come to Ā«draft dodgingĀ», but if the 20th century has taught us anything, thru fascism and MLK and Gandhi, it is that it is perfectly moral to disobey unjust laws. Itā€™s a bullshit law. Sonny is not the property of his country of origins, nor for that matter THFC, nor anyone but himself. Iā€™m a bit disappointed so many on here have such a poor comprehension of philosophy, but I suppose itā€™s par for the course given this is a football forum.

It's immoral because your nation is still at war; incursions and firefights are a regular occurrence.

North Korea is still capable of sending a vast (biggest conscripted army in the World apart from China) across the border.

Your ancestors, your family and your country has paida huge price for it's freedom. Being a celebrity shouldn't excuse you from your duty and higher obligations to those who protect you.

If anyone has learned anything in the 20th century, is the defence of your freedom and the freedoms you and your family enjoy should not be taken for granted, nor treated lightly or given up without a fight.

People died to give you that freedom, and that demands respect, and as everyone else in your country has no choice, you should to if you live in a country where that's the law.

If not and you want to dodge your obligations to your country when you become a man renounce your citizenship, move abroad and never go back.

Hopefully, you'll never be called upon to back that obligation when it (if god forbid) ever it's called upon., but the fact that you are prepared may well be the one thing that stops that disaster from happening.

Last edited:
SK win the gold medal at the Asia games by beating Japan 2-1 in the final Hopefully Son will know be granted immunity from national service

I'm so delighted for him, he's going to be on a real high when he gets back. Competition for that attacking wide role is hotting up, their is also positive signs that Lamela is upping his game.

Sonny has dodged a bullet ( possibly liberally ) . But he could be just in time as the S Korean govt is thought to be reviewing the system which allows exemption.

Sonny has dodged a bullet ( possibly liberally ) . But he could be just in time as the S Korean govt is thought to be reviewing the system which allows exemption.

I'm really not surprised to read that; an Ex (Korean) Colleague says that the overwhelming sentiment in Korea is that everyone - without exception - should do their service and that whilst there is a vocal movement on social media to keep the exemption, polls have shown that it's very much in the minority.

He once again reiterated to me that most Koreans do believe it is a sacred duty towards their ancestors and that dodging it is
ė¶€ģøķ•  ģˆ˜ģ—†ėŠ”

3 goals in 17games. 1 was a deflection. All against palace.
4 goals in 18 games. Feb 10th Leicester at home
For a guy that has more shots then anyone else. That is a really poor return.
Think of how many goals wr could score if he got his head up.
In my opinion that is not good enough .

10th feb
Leicester 1 goal
Burnley
Chelsea
Arsenal
Southampton
Liverpool
Palace 1 goal. Deflection
Huddersfeild
Man c
Brighton
West ham
Bournemouth. Sent off
This season
Newcastle
Arsenal
Palace 2 goals
Leicester
Southampton
Brighton

A very frustrating and selfish player. Unfortunately he's about the ONLY player in the entire squad that is quick footed and attempts to take on defenders. I can't think of a single headed goal from Sonny. I think he'd be a peripheral player had we had any players that can dribble past defenders and get to the bye line. Having said all that, without him, we'd be very one dimensional as we don't see 'More of Moura'!