🚹 Son Heung-Min - Player Thread | Page 25 | Vital Football

🚹 Son Heung-Min - Player Thread

My first choice would be Maddison. Honestly I am surprised he isn't the Captain anyway....he really is the leader on the pitch. He gets pissed and I have seen him berate our players during games...love it.

I think a second may be VdV...between him and Romero...he is MUCH more mentally stable and isn't prone to lapses in concentration. I can see him growing into a leadership role for us. Specifically his play....simply speaks for itself.

BL - Madds should be our Captain, nuff said.
Interesting thoughts.

I think Maddison certainly comes across well, but would it send a good message by bringing a player in and overlooking Son, who has undoubtedly been one of our most influential players of this generation?

Surely Ange makes this decision on his experience as a football manager and who his knowledge of the club?

Interesting thoughts.

I think Maddison certainly comes across well, but would it send a good message by bringing a player in and overlooking Son, who has undoubtedly been one of our most influential players of this generation?

Surely Ange makes this decision on his experience as a football manager and who his knowledge of the club?

To me it send the exact message that is needed at this club....change must happen. The normal Spurs mentality and culture must change.

I don't place much stock in prioritizing guys who have been here a long time vs a guy who just stepped in the door. If you are the right guy for the job and it is what we need, make it happen.

Son is a great person and has been great for the club...no harm in saying he isn't Captain material...but he would be an excellent ambassador and heck really already is.

Again just my thoughts....

Interesting thoughts.

Clearly Ange did think Sonny was the right captain. I vaguely remember on one interview where Ange said he took a step back and observed the interactions between the players. It was based on that where he come to the conclusion that Sonny should be captain. I think it was on the multi-leg preseason tour of Oz and Asia.

That in itself lends more weight to the argument that we didn't target the best guy for ON the pitch. Sonny just isn't that in my opinion. It's probably the case that if we were to observe Madds now around his peers he'd score way more points. At the time, he was the new guy when Ange made the assessment.

I guess none of this is the real problem which is more based on players age and experience. It's not like we have 5 or 6 leaders like some of the great teams.

Clearly Ange did think Sonny was the right captain. I vaguely remember on one interview where Ange said he took a step back and observed the interactions between the players. It was based on that where he come to the conclusion that Sonny should be captain. I think it was on the multi-leg preseason tour of Oz and Asia.

That in itself lends more weight to the argument that we didn't target the best guy for ON the pitch. Sonny just isn't that in my opinion. It's probably the case that if we were to observe Madds now around his peers he'd score way more points. At the time, he was the new guy when Ange made the assessment.

I guess none of this is the real problem which is more based on players age and experience. It's not like we have 5 or 6 leaders like some of the great teams.
Maybe that’s why he then went and appointed two more appropriate vice captains Mutts. In that way he covered himself as best as he could.

Maybe that’s why he then went and appointed two more appropriate vice captains Mutts. In that way he covered himself as best as he could.

There is still a massive part of me that still doesn't believe in fixed captains. Imagine if the only pressure was to pick your 20 man squad, then pick your best eleven and only then pick you match day captain.

Life would be a lot easier.

There is still a massive part of me that still doesn't believe in fixed captains. Imagine if the only pressure was to pick your 20 man squad, then pick your best eleven and only then pick you match day captain.

Life would be a lot easier.
Very true Mutts. There is also no reason why there shouldn’t be a club captain, being the best face to the public, and a separate on field captain, being the one that brings most to the team, having his fellow players respect.