Something’s not right… | Page 9 | Vital Football

Something’s not right…

I won’t hold my breath for an apology!

It’s never ever a good sign when you can’t find out how much your owner is worth online and even less of one when he is radio silent. We’ve only ever had one message from him (that recorded video when he took over), since then, nothing.

Relegation is now a certainty. We’ll be put under an embargo and have no choice but to sell players in January, so Lang, Thelo, Whatmough will all be off for peanuts to pay the wages through summer. Fortunately we’ve got loads of players out of contract so can bring the wage bill right down and hopefully survive in L1 off our own naturally generated revenue.

Now it’s all about getting through to January when we can next raise significant funds through player sales. If the owner can’t afford to fund us for that long then administration is on its way yet again. So buckle up, it’s gonna be another bumpy ride!

What the fuck is going on? Mail saying players haven’t been paid again and an hour later there’s pictures out of Branigan and Richardson out in Bahrain with the latter signing a new deal. All very contradictory.

As I said t’other night perhaps our intrepid local reporter could get on the case and find some answers given it appears he has sat on it given he heard about it the same time as that deleted post on here last week

What the fuck is going on? Mail saying players haven’t been paid again and an hour later there’s pictures out of Branigan and Richardson out in Bahrain with the latter signing a new deal. All very contradictory.

As I said t’other night perhaps our intrepid local reporter could get on the case and find some answers given it appears he has sat on it given he heard about it the same time as that deleted post on here last week

That appears to be an old picture. Someone has pointed out there is a calendar on the desk saying June 2021.

The chairman's response to very serious concerns about failing to pay wages should be a direct statement addressing it, so instead bizarely posting an old photo and claiming it is the manager in Bahrain getting a long extension instead of preparing for Saturday's game raises more questions than answers.

Those photos are old. Richardson’s in last season’s club polo and there’s a calendar in the picture currently on June 2021. As said, there’s no way in hell Richardson would be flown out to Bahrain less than a week before our next game.

I’m telling you right now, these lot are wrong uns. Daily Mail claiming they’re looking for £15m to sell!!! What cloud do they live on! We are in big big trouble.

Nixon being quizzed on Twitter….he says wages have been paid ….now whether they’ve been paid …but late is another issue (he doesn’t say) ….but given the new contract situation for the manager …it all looks a bit rum

If the photographic evidence is ‘duff’ then you’d think the contract extension itself is dodgy….if it is ….and they’ve released it as ‘a story’ to The Post then that really would be very worrying

Nixon being quizzed on Twitter….he says wages have been paid ….now whether they’ve been paid …but late is another issue (he doesn’t say) ….but given the new contract situation for the manager …it all looks a bit rum
That’s the most important news of the evening. If the wages are paid then it buys us time. We need to get through two more paydays before we can raise funds through player sales. The question is, does the owner have the money to pay those two month’s wages? If he hasn’t, then this ends only one way and it’s not good…

That appears to be an old picture. Someone has pointed out there is a calendar on the desk saying June 2021.

The chairman's response to very serious concerns about failing to pay wages should be a direct statement addressing it, so instead bizarely posting an old photo and claiming it is the manager in Bahrain getting a long extension instead of preparing for Saturday's game raises more questions than answers.

Talals tweet says they’ve been reunited in Bahrain. If so then why not publish current photos instead of using old ones? Must say I find it odd timing for him to be out there when the season stops in a few weeks. Something clearly is not adding up - though I accept foreign money transfers don’t always run smoothly. However for this news to come out an hour after the wages story broke, with some old photos suggests to me some serious problems.

Some transparency from the club at this point would be greatly appreciated.

That’s the most important news of the evening. If the wages are paid then it buys us time. We need to get through two more paydays before we can raise funds through player sales. The question is, does the owner have the money to pay those two month’s wages? If he hasn’t, then this ends only one way and it’s not good…

I assume we are now looking at further efl sanctions. Once or twice late by a day can be explained away - to an extent- but a third time after assurances given it wouldn’t happen again leaves no more room for excuses.,

Talals tweet says they’ve been reunited in Bahrain. If so then why not publish current photos instead of using old ones? Must say I find it odd timing for him to be out there when the season stops in a few weeks. Something clearly is not adding up - though I accept foreign money transfers don’t always run smoothly. However for this news to come out an hour after the wages story broke, with some old photos suggests to me some serious problems.

Some transparency from the club at this point would be greatly appreciated.
Sadly transparency is virtually non existent, Talal always talks in riddles, the pictures are extremely weird, it’s unforgivable we give a manager a 3 year deal between a week of football which means prep is ruined (if talal is telling the truth). Things like no knowledge or statements on injuries etc is also a red flag

There is no mention of the contract extension on Wigan's Instagram and I presume other social media, i find this strange if in fact a new deal has been made. Surely they cant of just made it all up?

A mate of mine a Sunderland fan from up there just messaged me asking what's going on.
I couldn't tell him owt because nobody tells us owt.
As folk always say on here, why would they give us any news when there is no news to give.
As we know though this isnt always the case. Talal always vociferous has been more or less silent, wages late in past, piss all signings.
Something been brewing for a while.
Pollard the rat will be sniffing.

Sadly transparency is virtually non existent, Talal always talks in riddles, the pictures are extremely weird, it’s unforgivable we give a manager a 3 year deal between a week of football which means prep is ruined (if talal is telling the truth). Things like no knowledge or statements on injuries etc is also a red flag

Photos aside, he specifically says they are reunited in Bahrain and it’s great to have you (him) there. Don’t think there’s much ambiguity in the statement so its either true or a lie.