Something to moan about. | Vital Football

Something to moan about.

Metal Imp

Vital Newbie
The football has been entertaining and results have put us 4 points clear at the top of the league. Plus the male toilets have been improved for the co op upper stand and I can identify the players on the pitch with the clear white numbers on their backs. I am finding it difficult to be a grumpy old man with something to moan about please help.

I remember coming away from Walsall after winning (and going top from memory) during the Schoey/Deehan era and listening to the local radio, it was call after call of brummies moaning about losing. If my memory serves me right they won the league in the finish. People pay there money and have every right to express an opinion, win or lose, why is it that it has to be highlighted by Radio Lincolnshire? Bloody hell give everyone a break ffs, theres nothing wrong with expressing an opinion, if you don't want to hear or read it don't take any notice of it.

The football has been entertaining and results have put us 4 points clear at the top of the league. Plus the male toilets have been improved for the co op upper stand and I can identify the players on the pitch with the clear white numbers on their backs. I am finding it difficult to be a grumpy old man with something to moan about please help.

You have the classic disease known as "IHSCLLTFY syndrome" which translates "I have supported a crap lower league team for years" syndrome :grinning:.

But now we are all taking Cowley medicine and that makes it very difficult to moan :wahey:

I am getting really down.
I have spent ages and ages trying to think of something decent to moan about. No luck at all.
Flummoxed. Frustrated. Failed.

We can moan about the moaners. Still moaning about Akinde. Still moaning about Bostwick not being in midfield. Still moaning about Rhead not being on at 60 minutes. Still moaning about the food they never buy :)

We can moan about the moaners. Still moaning about Akinde. Still moaning about Bostwick not being in midfield. Still moaning about Rhead not being on at 60 minutes. Still moaning about the food they never buy :)

Ahh! You've cheered me up !

The food (well catering):
I find price of soft drinks/water to be way over what they should be.
Of course we are far from alone amongst venues charging loads for non-alcoholic drinks. But we could set an example.

Set max £1 for a soft drink (and why not a beaker of simple tap water for 50p or less)
£1.00 will still be a very big mark up but at least stop being a rip-off. Might encourage more parents to buy drinks for their kids and might increase sales in general and end up with more revenue overall.
It does annoy me that a plastic beaker of fizzy is £2.50 when it has a cost price of pennies at most.

There, a decent moan

Of course we are far from alone amongst venues charging loads for non-alcoholic drinks. But we could set an example.

Set max £1 for a soft drink (and why not a beaker of simple tap water for 50p or less)
£1.00 will still be a very big mark up but at least stop being a rip-off. Might encourage more parents to buy drinks for their kids and might increase sales in general and end up with more revenue overall.
It does annoy me that a plastic beaker of fizzy is £2.50 when it has a cost price of pennies at most.

There, a decent moan
£6.50 for chips with 2 slices of processed cheese on at Middlesbrough on Saturday! Just seen a tweet about this!

My only moan at the moment is people who are constantly getting up and down during the game to the toilet or the food outlets.
15 minutes in to the game for the bog! Blimey! I know it was a bit colder but seriously!!! LOL!!!

Have you asked any of the farmers in the crowd?

The weather was crap and the Lancaster did not try to bomb us !

All the moaners around where I sit have been silenced,they have stopped whinging, they no longer whittier on, they are deceased, they are ex moaners!. They have gone and joined the choir invisible..........sometimes I miss 'em just for the daft things they would splutter on about!.
Grumpy old men!?.........I've joined them!

I've not been yet this year sadly, is the beer better or do you still have to queue up in the centre spot for anything that's not lager? If so I'll have nothing to moan about!

What about Bossie's crew cut, not the messiah locks that we are used to. This was a shock and must surely rate a small murmur on the moan scaleometer (if one exists).

There, a decent moan
Don't think you're allowed to charge for tap water in areas where alcohol is also served, so not sure they'd get away with that.