Something for the weekend sir? | Vital Football

Something for the weekend sir?

Spursex

Alert Team
What will you do (if anything) to differentiate the weekend?

Just thought this might be fun.

Mine starts with a quiz - where I won't be drinking as we all normally do. I have announced to friends I am not drinking tonight.

The weirdest thing is that we still treat the weekend as a weekend and always have done even in normal times . Cooked breakfast . Spend an hour reading a paper that I have walked to the shop to buy , instead of reading on the I pad , don’t go to the allotment , have a weekend off except for half an hour of watering in the evening , and then do bugger all .
We have all the time in the week since retiring to get everything done ( I’m talking pre Covid normal times ) so we treat the weekend as a weekend . Sounds a bit daft I suppose . Roast dinner on Sunday .
We are both full on with gardening etc so we put our feet up Saturday and Sunday

Also ., I don’t shave on the weekend , unless we are going out , then I shave in the evening . Obviously we are not going out !

I haven't shaved since the lockdown. It's a bit of a Roy Keane look with dark sides and grey chin. Its not as long as his got yet. I have trimmed it and defined the cheek area a bit like Lloris. With the sun tanning my face, I almost look a different person to pre lockdown !!

Well, I won the quiz! I should give up drinking more often.

Easy workout this morning as my back is sore, so lots of stretching and lots of warming up, only a 1-hour walk today as I could feel it all the time.

Beautiful day. Deer getting bolder as each day passes, found a small herd of them on my front lawn this morning and didn't even bound off when I walked straight past them.

Nature is magnificent, it's a cliche but stopping and smelling the roses, does have a point - although I was stopping and again admiring the magnificent wildflowers in and around the woods.

All have a great weekend.

are you staying long Paddy , do you get over often. ? Hope it’s a good reason you are here for .
Walt, i come over 4 x to London and 1 x to Ireland a year for client work. which is also good for family and friends, going to Richmond Park & seeing spurs (IF the Premier League & CL get the right dates when we're at home..).

so in March/April i have had UK & Ireland trips cancelled, but fortunately most of it can be covered by Zoom so business not affected.

funny you ask though, the reason for this trip is that i am on the last stage of getting a Green Card. that process normally takes c. 9 months, but Trump has intentionally delayed a lot of immigration visa processing, so already it's taken 16 months and might take up to another 3.

as my investor visa, which has allowed me to live here, ran out last October, it means i am on tourist status again - despite my wife and boy being US citizens, running a business & owning 2 properties here. so for now i'm coming in and out on an ESTA tourist visa, and needing to spend longer periods outside the US until the green card comes through. this is a 3 week time-wasting trip intended to demonstrate to US immigration that i am not trying to live in the US on a tourist visa - having already lived here for 9 years on a valid immigration visa, and having no home to go to in the UK!

it's one of many stories from here of "you couldn't make it up"!!

Easy workout this morning as my back is sore, so lots of stretching and lots of warming up, only a 1-hour walk today as I could feel it all the time.

Beautiful day. Deer getting bolder as each day passes, found a small herd of them on my front lawn this morning and didn't even bound off when I walked straight past them.

Nature is magnificent, it's a cliche but stopping and smelling the roses, does have a point - although I was stopping and again admiring the magnificent wildflowers in and around the woods.

you can do it Ex! my last drink was a pint of Murphys in Ballydehob, 21st June last year!

You're right about smelling roses. my wife grows nine different colors in the garden and this time of year they're a joy to look at - and smell. plus Californian Poppies, a beautiful yellow-orange. one thing i love about the UK are the glades of bluebells in a beech wood in April. very special. there's only one winner in a choice between them or more Barrett homes - the bluebells

Must be awful to have a herd of deer on your front lawn !
We often have a squirrel or two ! And even then , it’s one in and one out . :wahey:

Walt, i come over 4 x to London and 1 x to Ireland a year for client work. which is also good for family and friends, going to Richmond Park & seeing spurs (IF the Premier League & CL get the right dates when we're at home..).

so in March/April i have had UK & Ireland trips cancelled, but fortunately most of it can be covered by Zoom so business not affected.

funny you ask though, the reason for this trip is that i am on the last stage of getting a Green Card. that process normally takes c. 9 months, but Trump has intentionally delayed a lot of immigration visa processing, so already it's taken 16 months and might take up to another 3.

as my investor visa, which has allowed me to live here, ran out last October, it means i am on tourist status again - despite my wife and boy being US citizens, running a business & owning 2 properties here. so for now i'm coming in and out on an ESTA tourist visa, and needing to spend longer periods outside the US until the green card comes through. this is a 3 week time-wasting trip intended to demonstrate to US immigration that i am not trying to live in the US on a tourist visa - having already lived here for 9 years on a valid immigration visa, and having no home to go to in the UK!

it's one of many stories from here of "you couldn't make it up"!!
Hope they let you back in Paddy...

Hope they let you back in Paddy...
thanks Harry, feeling a bit pessimistic today as BA told me they're not letting in ESTA's. Couldn't speak to Border Patrol as office shut for Sunday. Will email them this week to try to sort it. Their written advice is ambiguous - it says i can re-enter as i am married to a US citizen - but my wife won't be with me when i try to enter, which might make the difference.

Might be a good idea to have your wife send you a scan of your marriage licence if you were married in the US.....I think you should be ok but this is from the UK.gov website....

Entry and borders

As of 16 March, it will not be possible for many British nationals to enter the USA if they have been in the UK, Ireland, Schengen zone, Iran or China within the previous 14 days
US citizens and permanent resident of the USA, certain specified close family members and certain other limited categories of visas holders (such as UN staff and diplomats) are exempt and will still be able to enter the USA, subject to normal entry requirements. Those allowed entry to the USA may be asked to self-isolate for up to 14 days after arrival.
British nationals will also be unable to transit the USA on an ESTA visa waiver if they have been in the UK, Ireland, Schengen zone, Iran or China within the previous 14 days. For further information on the validity of ESTAs please consult advice from US Customs and Border Protection.

You are a permanent resident and your wife should qualify you but lack of a green card may require some discussion with the CBP guys...good luck..

cheers Harry. not any longer a permanent resident since my investment visa ran out, but as your insert says, i should be a "specified close family member". i brought copies of our marriage license & her passport for that reason. the absolute final set of docs goes to the NVC this week, so am hopeful the GC can get sorted in the next 2 months

cheers Harry. not any longer a permanent resident since my investment visa ran out, but as your insert says, i should be a "specified close family member". i brought copies of our marriage license & her passport for that reason. the absolute final set of docs goes to the NVC this week, so am hopeful the GC can get sorted in the next 2 months

Hope it works out for you paddy, I've got a business associate who's got to go through the same process in the not too distant future - so make sure you keep us up to date! best of luck.

Last edited: