Someone has told me that eaves could me off next week, will be interesting to see if his playing today, hopefully he is and the story is just rubbish. | Page 3 | Vital Football

Someone has told me that eaves could me off next week, will be interesting to see if his playing today, hopefully he is and the story is just rubbish.

I don’t get all the angst about if SL is “lying”?

So what? I’m pretty sure all clubs do exactly the same.

He can’t turn around and say “ well, we’re not 100% sure yet, but we think he’s off to Melchester for £ umpteen million, so we thought we’d not play him just in case.”

Really?

GBN - I saw your off the cuff comment as being racist and still do. The real problem is that Gillingham's HR department and publicity section could not hold a coherent argument together if it tried.

Rotherhithegills, I love your idea that Gills have an HR Department. What was clear from the McCammon case was that we employ no one directly on HR. It is all outsourced to HR consultants. The HR consultants fouled up and paid our costs and damages.

Wish I had not said anything now.Some people are just looking for things to aim at others for the sake of it.MacCammon did wrong in my book .The fact is the club dealt with it badly .Colour was irrelevant.

It is very possible that Eaves has a slight injury.But it is also possible that their are bids already. That being the case it might be that Eaves hasn't always had the right focus. The club would then be very sensible to put out a injury story .As it is very possible that Eaves or Lovell doesn’t yet know if he will be moving this month.

Blimey , accusations of racism on a thread I haven't commented on !
'Racist' seems to be the insult of choice these days.