Someone has told me that eaves could me off next week, will be interesting to see if his playing today, hopefully he is and the story is just rubbish. | Vital Football

Someone has told me that eaves could me off next week, will be interesting to see if his playing today, hopefully he is and the story is just rubbish.

How convenient

SL: “Tom Eaves is out. He has picked up an injury during the week, a reoccurrence of the one that he had before. It’s not a major problem, it’s been niggling at him so we’ve decided to give him a break and hopefully he’ll be ready for next week.

Nash on bench ahead of Wilko; so Wilko likely to be off unless SL thinks he needs him to cover for Eaves if he goes next week
Good to see Ehmer fit enough for the bench and able to be eased back in

I had not seen the team sheet. I would not normally want him injured but on this occasion thank god for that

Question for Kettgill.

The thread title here seems like it should have been the message and the message looks like it should have been the thread title. Have I been whooshed?

If nobody comes in for Eaves before the end of the month AND he keeps getting injured then the offer of a new contract at Gillingham will become a more and more attractive option for Tom.

But do we want to be paying wages to an injury prone striker....??!!

I'd guess that the player is on the move. Something does not make sense.

Maybe Eaves senses a move is on and wants to remain fit. Who knows.

I'd guess that the player is on the move. Something does not make sense.

Maybe Eaves senses a move is on and wants to remain fit. Who knows.

I gotta feeling you're right. Hope we have a replacement lined up.

Of course when he wasn't being selected over Christmas it was because he had already signed for another club and the "he is carrying a knock" was a lie to distract from the fact he was not being picked to prevent an actual injury.

Fast forward a few weeks when he is still at the club with a knock despite the fact he apparently was due to leave on the 1st January.

As for that Millwall link, there is no source for it beyond the poster presumably hearing it from a friend down The Ministry of Sound. There is the lack of usual tabloids doing the usual links in the hope of some of them coming true. The last article I can find where Eaves is linked to another team is with Glasgow Rangers being interested but that is prior to them signing Defoe.

No you weren’t whooshed, I pressed the wrong button. A sales rep visited my work colleague last week and they were talking football, I overheard him say his team were rumoured to be signing eaves from Gillingham. I butted in and asked who his team was. He replied Brighton and said he heard it from fellow fans. Probably and hopefully nothing in it.