Some will want to shoot me for this... | Vital Football

Some will want to shoot me for this...

Toon_power

Vital 1st Team Regular
As I've mentioned before my wife died 1,5 year ago. Less time for social media and other stuff. I was planning for a holiday to England with my kids, but that didn't happen.
As a big fan of nufc I always wanted to visit a match at st James park. I was a littlebit too late for the match against Everton, so now i will be visiting when we have a home match against crystal palace.
To try and experience a match like you do I've reserved on the 1st ring of one of the long sides. Another option was the gallowgate lounge, but it didn't feel like the right option for a good experience.
No more postponing! Do the things you want before it's too late.
Me and my daughter will departure Saturday morning from the Netherlands .
We'll stay in a hotel in the centre.

Can anybody tell me the best way to get from the airport to the centre and the cost?
I guess it will be with the metro...
At Sunday evening the plane will depart back to the Netherlands so I think there's even some time to explore the city centre.

I'm very excited about it. It wasn't cheap, but I bet it will be worth every penny.
Any tips are welcome!

Cheers!

You've answered it yourself Meiv, The metro as long as it's running without delay. Cost will be well below £10 (11.5 Euros I think) for the two of you.

https://nexus.org.uk/sites/default/files/16091_tawm_leaflets_2019_fares_guide_210x99_web.pdf

As for attending, people need to do what they feel will please themselves and if you get some joy out of present day NUFC in your attendance, then good for you.

NUFC was here well before Ashley and will be here long after.

Don't mind meeting up for pre-match drinks if you're up for it mate.

You & your daughter enjoy the game,our city will look after you despite the owners antics,go to the north of the cities coast if you've got time,it's special.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies! I'm really excited to finally visit Newcastle. One of the things I want to do since I was a kid.
A drink sounds great, but I got to take it easy with my daughter around :p

You & your daughter enjoy the game,our city will look after you despite the owners antics,go to the north of the cities coast if you've got time,it's special.
I'll echo that one. Given that the Palace game could be the one to just about ensure safety from relegation, let's hope TP and his daughter get a glimpse of the potential of the club when we finally get rid of Ashley.

Hope you have a good weekend, enjoy the game and explore the city ... lots of history and nice restaurants when you fancy something to eat . The open top bus tours may be available (weather depending) could be a cheap way to see quite a bit .
As said previously metro would be cheapest way into the city centre but if you can ..use a taxi it will get you direct to your accommodation if you have cases etc could be cumbersome.

I just received my hotel voucher and fly tickets. We'll stay in the Maldron hotel. Seems a decent place at a decent spot to go to the stadium or to go shopping. Looking forward to it!
Any tips for sightseeing are welcome!

Oh dear, contacted stadium tour support this morning. They told me if crystal palace win the cup match upcoming Saturday the Newcastle Vs crystal palace fixture will be rescheduled.....Hope Watford will beat crystal palace ....my luck...:cautious:

Nobody is going to want to shoot you son, going to St James’ Park for the first time, the finest sporting arena in the country, is a moment of pure joy and amazement, regardless of the parasite. Until the game kicks off like.

Oh dear, contacted stadium tour support this morning. They told me if crystal palace win the cup match upcoming Saturday the Newcastle Vs crystal palace fixture will be rescheduled.....Hope Watford will beat crystal palace ....my luck...:cautious:

Watford did the business for you, Enjoy the visit

Just a thought, keep watching this space.

Fixture times could still change. Let's hope Sky or BT don't ruin the weekend for you.

You can understand to a degree that there's more interest in us but to the neutral supporter who's looking for stuff that affects the table then the Bournemouth v Burnley game may have more riding on it.

That said, I think ive answered my own theory as im typing as that game sounds as exciting as death. It's odds on we're on telly then.

So that TP gets his chance to watch the match, should we be bigging the Bournemouth v Burnley match for Sky?

In a rarity, the 2 up and coming English managers battle it out to take an early lead in the quest to succeed Southgate. Maybe a nice quiet night in front of the TV with 2 of the 3 worst supported teams in the Premier league?

Don’t forget the “will Howe send his former employers down?” twist, Rexn.

I would disagree with you that Burnley are poorly supported mind. They are a small town and their supporter-base is very parochial. %age wise of total inhabitants, they’re quite good.

It was this one and otherwise I would've to reschedule to the Southampton match with the insurance or something like that. Would rather go asap so the Crystal palace game is my 1st choice. Thanks!