Some Ideas/Sights While on Lockdown... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Some Ideas/Sights While on Lockdown...

Yes OSK, 'Kes' that was one of my set books too, we must be around the same age.

26? 😁

I was at Math School middle 70’s.
I think Kes was on the curriculum around then for everyone. Wonderful tale, and the film brought it all to life.

How we all sniggered at “There was dog shit on one hand” 😂

A White Tailed Eagle has been causing a stir in Kent these last few days, with people seeing it soaring over their homes in Medway, Ramsgate, Manston and other places. The sight of a wild eagle soaring and casting a shadow over you will stay with anyone. You know when you’ve seen one. Great news for Kent.

Good stuff, Trev. I watched a nature programme on TV recently and it featured the return of the White Tailed Eagle (the largest bird of prey in the UK) to the South of England. A number of pairs have been released onto the Isle of Wight. One of the birds was subsequently tracked flying over the Swale area in Kent. Perhaps it fancies relocating to Sheppey -

Good stuff, Trev. I watched a nature programme on TV recently and it featured the return of the White Tailed Eagle (the largest bird of prey in the UK) to the South of England. A number of pairs have been released onto the Isle of Wight. One of the birds was subsequently tracked flying over the Swale area in Kent. Perhaps it fancies relocating to Sheppey -
Ah I’ll have to have a scroll through catch-up and find the programme. I saw on twitter the Kent one doesn’t have an identifying number clip on it, suggesting it may not be from IoW and maybe not even Scotland. There have been sightings in Bucks recently but that’s more likely to be one of the IoW ones. Great to hear, and the Thames Estuary/Sheppey/Suffolk/Norfolk would make good habitats for them.

Ah I’ll have to have a scroll through catch-up and find the programme. I saw on twitter the Kent one doesn’t have an identifying number clip on it, suggesting it may not be from IoW and maybe not even Scotland. There have been sightings in Bucks recently but that’s more likely to be one of the IoW ones. Great to hear, and the Thames Estuary/Sheppey/Suffolk/Norfolk would make good habitats for them.
Swampy does have one very nice place of wasteland - Elmley Marsh, although it is probably not the time to visit.

Flatlands like you have mentioned do not provide the Cliffs or Crags they need for nesting ?

Think the Isle of Wight "release" was featured on BBC`s The One Show in Sept or Oct last. Sorry I can`t be more specific.

They’re meant to be by the car park at Elmley Marshes nature reserve. Never seen one though!

Nice to hear though, Valencia. Buzzards are becoming a frequent sight in Kent now, even in the middle of Medway. The odd red kite around too. Birds of Prey are the greatest type of animals.
i think its a buzzard that you can see around early evening this time of year. above the piece of land where the m26 joins the m20.

visiting my friend in west kingsdown just to hear nothing, apart from birds and bees. Always see buzzards on top of the valley, waiting to swoop on their prey. Peace, tranquility until the arrival of the parakeets. The twice daily fly over of the spitfire taking customers on trips from Biggin hill. sparrows, blue tits, blackbirds, Greenfinch, chaffinch, Jay's, , jackdaws, starlings, goldfinch many others and of course the pigeon or dove/ pigeon cross.
Green, everything's green as far as u can see. .No where near any virus, no internet because u are in a valley. Nothing but silence apart from bees and birds. Heaven

visiting my friend in west kingsdown just to hear nothing, apart from birds and bees. Always see buzzards on top of the valley, waiting to swoop on their prey. Peace, tranquility until the arrival of the parakeets. The twice daily fly over of the spitfire taking customers on trips from Biggin hill. sparrows, blue tits, blackbirds, Greenfinch, chaffinch, Jay's, , jackdaws, starlings, goldfinch many others and of course the pigeon or dove/ pigeon cross.
Green, everything's green as far as u can see. .No where near any virus, no internet because u are in a valley. Nothing but silence apart from bees and birds. Heaven
I love all that , but am not allowed to visit my little bit of paradise right now 😕

Quite pleased to see a pair of long tailed tits and a wren in my garden. Two birds I certainly haven't seen, apart from out in the wild, for a long time.