Some good news ..... | Page 6 | Vital Football

Some good news .....

:clap::clap::clap:

My only question would be how the hell do Millwall play in the North section?!

I was wondering that myself Moonay, after today's 1-1 draw with 3rd place Shef Utd we remain at the top of the group A.
The fixtures suggest there are 27 matches played in all which I just can't fathom.
Millwall are in Group B !

Anypne shed any light on it ?

1616526851424.png

On average how many make the grade
Hell John, you can be a sourpuss at times !

I suppose it depends on what's meant by "make the grade", as to some, it might mean make the pro ranks, while to others, it might mean play in the top flight.

Regardless, let's consider the kids we had at the time Covid kicked in. Off the top of my head:

Had to move on to save the club:
Gelhardt - played regular for us, ripping up the U23s at Leeds
Devine - played (and scored) in the FA Cup for Spurs
Weir

Now playing regular for our 1st XI:
Lang, Robinson, Aasgard

Played regularly but are now injured, in the squad, or transferred to another league club:
Joseph, Long, Merrie, Perry, Crankshaw, Jolley,

Players who are expected to break through in the next year or two:

McGurk, McHugh, Costello, Brown

I'd say that's not a bad record John.

Weir
Edit - Moved on by the admins and positioned as saving the club - which could have been avoided by inceasing the pathetic fees for the first team squad

Looks like you've swallowed Gerard and Stans bullshit hook line and sinker here 😳

Edit - Moved on by the admins and positioned as saving the club - which could have been avoided by inceasing the pathetic fees for the first team squad

Looks like you've swallowed Gerard and Stans bullshit hook line and sinker here 😳

When it comes to the fees they got for senior players, you may well have a point, but these 3 had to be sold at a point where no other transfer - anywhere - was authorised. It needed special permission from the EFL..

Granted, you have a point that maybe the Admins should still have got more for them, but they weren't really in a strong bargaining position. They We needed the cash.

By the time we got to the point where senior players were able to be sold, we might no longer have had a club. Those 3 saved us. Full stop.

To be fair to Moonay, the point he was making was how many had made the grade, he had to title each group somehow, but that wasn't the point of his reply to walgarth.

Hell John, you can be a sourpuss at times !

I suppose it depends on what's meant by "make the grade", as to some, it might mean make the pro ranks, while to others, it might mean play in the top flight.

Regardless, let's consider the kids we had at the time Covid kicked in. Off the top of my head:

Weir

Now playing regular for our 1st XI:
Lang, Robinson, Aasgard

Played regularly but are now injured, in the squad, or transferred to another league club:
Joseph, Long, Merrie, Perry, Crankshaw, Jolley,

Players who are expected to break through in the next year or two:
McGurk, McHugh, Costello, Brown

I'd say that's not a bad record John.
Plus others with other clubs who we have previously let go.

When it comes to the fees they got for senior players, you may well have a point, but these 3 had to be sold at a point where no other transfer - anywhere - was authorised. It needed special permission from the EFL..

Granted, you have a point that maybe the Admins should still have got more for them, but they weren't really in a strong bargaining position. They We needed the cash.

By the time we got to the point where senior players were able to be sold, we might no longer have had a club. Those 3 saved us. Full stop.
Not so Moonay - they could have signed pre-contract fees - A pitiful £4m for Moore and Robinson - but more than enough to make the end of the season and as guaranteed future imcome factored this against a short term loan. As the admins themselves stated day 1 we had no outstanding immediate creditors - they chose to give away the crown jewels and the future of our club for beans.

Not so Moonay - they could have signed pre-contract fees - A pitiful £4m for Moore and Robinson - but more than enough to make the end of the season and as guaranteed future imcome factored this against a short term loan. As the admins themselves stated day 1 we had no outstanding immediate creditors - they chose to give away the crown jewels and the future of our club for beans.
I have to admit, I've no idea if this is right. However, I really can't see JJ or Royle keeping quiet about it if it were true.

I'm sure I remember the EFL saying something too about it being the only option.

Also, why would any club pay out decent money on a "pre contract fee" when they knew they could snap up the players at knockdown prices.

Anyway, JK's right, this wasn't my real point.

Last edited:
:clap::clap::clap:

My only question would be how the hell do Millwall play in the North section?!

In response to your question above from March 20th Moonay, I noticed this on the write-up of the U18's latest win on the official site.

In the Category Two fixture programme, Latics will play each side in the U18 PDL North twice, whilst also playing nine teams from the U18 PDL South once.

“It will be a different challenge,” Driscoll added. “Naturally, we’re less aware of the teams in the south and individuals within teams, whereas generally we have greater knowledge of the northern opposition. It is more problems to solve when the game comes around for the players, though, which is good for their development again.

“I think the travelling and playing teams from different locations is massive in their development because most of the games can be overnight stays or longer-distance travel on the day, so they have to adapt and change their habits and routines, which in itself challenges their independent thinking being away from home. At first team level, playing up and down the country week-to-week is the standard so I think it’s only a good thing that the players get an earlier taste of that."

Not so Hampton.... The EFL would not allow any pre-contract fees to be paid. That would mean that the player was disincentivized and unless it was to a club in another country would breach their regulations. Hence why we were not allowed to sell our young players to anyone in the EFL, they could only be sold to PL clubs, once again hence why we sold the crown jewels, they were the only ones the PL clubs were interested in.

Without their sales the wages would not have been paid and the club would have folded. So, Yes, they saved the club and there was no other option.

Latics U18S 5 QPR 2

VICTORY SENDS LATICS 11 POINTS CLEAR AT THE TOP OF THE U18 PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE WITH FIVE GAMES TO PLAY.

Goals from Tom Costello, Millen Brown (2) and two trialists give Latics victory at Christopher Park

Kieran Driscoll’s side now need eight points from the final five games to retain their U18 Professional Development League title.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=U...ie=lg;/g/11hptr3_gy;2;/g/11f541zgm7;st;fp;1;;

https://wiganathletic.com/news/2021/april/U18-Report-Latics-5-QPR-2/