Solihull | Vital Football

Solihull

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
Pools had a free weekend, Solihull had an FA Cup game that went into extra time. On the face of it Pools should be able to dominate, but this is Pools who for years have failed to capitalise on this type of advantage.
It will be interesting to see DC's starting 11, presumably it will be the same as the last two games, as we need to start on the front foot.

2 nil defeat, Pools true to history!
Early sending off of Odisina not helpful to the cause, but there must be an underlying reason why Pools don't get the "rub" from refereeing decisions.

Strange team selection, why change the central defence pairing, where were Oates and Ferguson? Is DC following the well trod path of Pools managers and losing his way?

2-0 loss after a sending off reduced us to 10 men. I was just wondering why changes were made to the defensive unit. I know the sending off was poor but it is becoming obvious we are just not quite good enough. We do ok against the average teams but the ones at the top end are too good for us. Oh well another season in the National League.

I've been resigned to another season, or two, in the National League since the start of the season.
What I was hoping to see was development and consistency of performance, team selection and tactics. Unfortunately, what is becoming apparent is a lack of purpose within the squad and a manager who is, increasingly, failing to motivate and inspire his players.

To be fair to Dave, he hasn't got the budget to sign players of proven quality at this level so he has to take risks with players from leagues below us and lads he has worked with in the past. So far the risks are not quite paying off. Boreham Wood on Saturday and I cant see us getting anything from that game except a load of grief. Hope I'm wrong.

The next two home games will be a test for certain, a minimum of 3 points from these matches is a must, if Pools are to avoid going into freefall towards the bottom of the table.

I doubt we will go into free fall. I think we are good enough to pick up enough points to hang around just below half way in the table.