Sol Campbell | Vital Football

Sol Campbell

Macclesfield is, I believe, another club in severe financial difficulty - lower league football, especially in the north, it seems, is in a mess and all going ***`s up !

Financial problems again? Are we just going to see the top two leagues in years to come while all the League One and Two clubs go bust? The gulf in £ between the Prem and other leagues has widened beyond repair. Clubs are thinking nothing of shelling out 50m on average players and paying them 200k a week. What's our top free transfer on, 2k a week?

Fuck the Premier League.

I doubt that Campbell would have been earning very much. He made a fortune in wages and signing on fees when playing and invested it in property. I think his missus is loaded as well.

When he took the Macc job, I think it was because no one else would offer him a coaching job and he only envisaged staying long enough to impress bigger fish.

Now he realises that after achieving little more than Glenn Roeder did with us (taking them off the bottom to one place above the relegation line) his phone is not going to be hot with calls from Premier Clubs.

I doubt that Campbell would have been earning very much. He made a fortune in wages and signing on fees when playing and invested it in property. I think his missus is loaded as well.

When he took the Macc job, I think it was because no one else would offer him a coaching job and he only envisaged staying long enough to impress bigger fish.

Now he realises that after achieving little more than Glenn Roeder did with us (taking them off the bottom to one place above the relegation line) his phone is not going to be hot with calls from Premier Clubs.
I think you'll find it's money; even Campbell wasn't paid for two months maybe more. You're very harsh and it shouldn't matter that he has wealth.

He's worth £45million and has probably realised he didn't need to put up with all the non payment nonsense etc. He doesn't need to, he can retire happily for the rest of his life even if he doesn't earn another penny...….although I'm sure he'll turn up at another club shortly!

Former Ebbsfleet Utd manager Daryl McMahon is the new manager at Macclesfield. Steve Gritt is his asst.

Good luck to them, it seems that the EFL`s bottom two tiers can be a particularly tough workplace for lower league management these days.

I think Sol has a chip, I’ve read he thinks he is better than he is, I’m sure he has been racially discriminated Which is obviously wrong but sol has not always been squeaky clean.

I think Sol has a chip, I’ve read he thinks he is better than he is, I’m sure he has been racially discriminated Which is obviously wrong but sol has not always been squeaky clean.
He has been reported as saying that he possesses the best football mind than ‘ anyone he knows ‘....