Sol Campbell (n/g) | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sol Campbell (n/g)

If my lack of knowledge as to the meaning of various "imojis" has meant I've been unfair on you 3x6, I apologise.

No worries - to explain, the "winky face" emoji means that I am joking. And the "racial stereotype" I referred to is that black men are well endowed, so I was joking about your "what a pr#ck" and "billy big bollocks" comments.

Hope this is helpful.

"
Isn't it the absolute opposite? He has taken over at the team that is literally bottom of the football league and only had 10 points. They must be the team with the lowest expectations in the country, where even a handful of wins would be a marked improvement on what has gone on before. "

Ordinarily and were Campbell a rookie nobody that might be the case. Given his name and record I think he's near the last chance saloon and nothing but escaping the drop will even begin to restore faith in Sol as a manager. Quite a big ask in my book.

"

Ordinarily and were Campbell a rookie nobody that might be the case. Given his name and record I think he's near the last chance saloon and nothing but escaping the drop will even begin to restore faith in Sol as a manager. Quite a big ask in my book.

Really? This is his first managerial role isn't it??

I have little time for Campbell, and only he knows if he is playing the "race card", but full credit to him for starting at the "bottom". I wish him well.

3 points tonight.

Good result for Macclesfield. Campell was in the crowd, don`t think he takes over managing the team until Thursday, I could be wrong about that. His first league game will be away to Colchester, which will be a stiff challenge.

If he saves Macclesfield from the drop he will be acclaimed as a miracle worker !

Really? This is his first managerial role isn't it??

You are right but he is not a clean skin. He's got all the top badges and has made a lot of claims and statements that have aggravated and attracted attention in equal measure. He's a "big name" with a high opinion of himself and big name endorsement and I don't think he'll be cut any slack at all if he flops. He needs to keep Macclesfield up or he'll be perceived as a failure.

I thought Ince deserved credit for starting there and I think the same about Campbell. The first clue will be if he avoids picking a fight with the board over January investment v promises. That's one of the first signs of things going wrong.

See what I mean and it has NOTHING to do with being a leftie and, if you think I'm clueless, where does that put you?

I think you'll find I've set out in some detail why you are proving yourself clueless. I'm sure most would give those credit like me who actually explain their position (even if they don't agree with it) rather than just throwing out one liners like you do generically criticising others but providing no substance or argument.

It amazes me that for some people ANY criticism of someone who happens to have a different colour skin is racism and not allowed.

I have previously given an example of a black man who is talented and humble and that I have never heard a bad word said about - Ledley King. Another example off the top of my head is Ian Cox. Nothing like as rich as Campbell but with a hell of a lot more real friends and admirers.

As others have said, every time Campbell opens his mouth he spouts garbage. He thinks he is some sort of Tory (but they don't want him) intellectual and yet did not have the intelligence to understand that his choice to move from Spurs to Arsenal on a free transfer would give him such grief that he dare not go near WHL. Even his brother (who you will be surprised to know is black) took the Spurs fans side. The same club pride and tribalism that caused that episode is also the reason why so much money was/is in the game and flowed to the likes of him. He didn't care about the effect the transfer would have on Spurs fans so why should they give him anything but abuse.

He was an excellent strong athlete and read the game well but his claim about being passed over for England captain is laughable. How can you lead a team when you struggle to understand or connect with ordinary people/players?

Last edited:
Now that is the biggest load of bollox I've read so far on this thread and made even bolloxier by 3 x 6 chipping in. Bromley has made the only really decent comments.

Wayne, you do make me chuckle. I'm sure if someone posted that they didn't like rice, you would be calling them out as racist. If you look a bit closer the criticism is not about Sol's colour it is about his ego and his repeated attempts to blame racism for holding his opportunities back when as history has shown, it wasn't. Now you can agree or disagree with those facts but claiming some sort of moral high ground by declaring any of his critics as racist might make you feel superior but it still makes you wrong.

Wayne, you do make me chuckle. I'm sure if someone posted that they didn't like rice, you would be calling them out as racist. If you look a bit closer the criticism is not about Sol's colour it is about his ego and his repeated attempts to blame racism for holding his opportunities back when as history has shown, it wasn't. Now you can agree or disagree with those facts but claiming some sort of moral high ground by declaring any of his critics as racist might make you feel superior but it still makes you wrong.
For once, I don't agree with Wayne. He is a prize bellend imo, nothing to do with his colour. There may be some who don't like him because of his colour but that's got nothing to do with it regarding my opinion of him. I could of course be wrong but the likes of Ince and Houghton are a class apart from him. There is of course racism, unfortunately, but imo he played the race card when in reality he wasn't good enough/suitable. I'm sure many black players have been passed over for racist reasons, but not him.

For once, I don't agree with Wayne. He is a prize bellend imo, nothing to do with his colour. There may be some who don't like him because of his colour but that's got nothing to do with it regarding my opinion of him. I could of course be wrong but the likes of Ince and Houghton are a class apart from him. There is of course racism, unfortunately, but imo he played the race card when in reality he wasn't good enough/suitable. I'm sure many black players have been passed over for racist reasons, but not him.
That's why I thought Bromley had got it spot on.