Sol Campbell (n/g) | Vital Football

Sol Campbell (n/g)

Didn't he accuse Peter Taylor of being racist because he gave the England captain's armband to Beckham for the one match he was in charge?

Don't like him. He's a multi millionaire several times over, but remember he was complaining about the amount of tax he would have to pay if Labour won the last election. He has many properties, one of which at the time of the election was valued at £25 million in Chelsea! Tough life isn't it.
He'll find things a little different in Macclesfield. Can't see him lasting long there.

Surprised he don't buy the club and get the players to get them into the Championship to prove he is a subtle man manager!

The whole "is it cos I is black?" thing falls down when even Ledley King said he was a strange bloke that didn't mix at Spurs.

King is loved at the Lane.

Being a big time Charlie is bad enough, but combining that with being a race card player isn't going to make you popular with most football fans. Well, he's got his chance, part of me hopes for the "Macc lads" that he does well, but I'll be shedding no tears if he falls flat on his arse - obviously if he does, it'll be due to racism or someone else's fault.

As a "trendy leftie" I'm supposed to support him but I can't stand him.

Wanted to be a Tory MP. What a pr#ck.

Played the race card, often justified but in his case noooooo. Billy big bollocks.

He's not a man that it's easy to warm to. (try reading his biography). I think some of the criticism of him has been unfair but that's true of a good percentage of the criticism of everyone in football. What is hard to deny is that he has taken on the very epitome of a thankless task and that marks him as a man, who really wants to be a manager. On that basis alone I wish him well and he has taken on a proper club in Macclesfield.

What is hard to deny is that he has taken on the very epitome of a thankless task and that marks him as a man, who really wants to be a manager. .

Isn't it the absolute opposite? He has taken over at the team that is literally bottom of the football league and only had 10 points. They must be the team with the lowest expectations in the country, where even a handful of wins would be a marked improvement on what has gone on before.

It's amazing the number of people on here condemning him for playing the racist card. He may be an odd ball but aren't many managers? Fear not, racism lives!

It's amazing the number of people on here condemning him for playing the racist card. He may be an odd ball but aren't many managers? Fear not, racism lives!

Typical clueless leftie comment who wants to regard anyone, who rightly calls out race card playing and political correctness as "racist". Sol Campbell has made some outrageous chip-on-the-shoulder claims, whilst getting the old race card out. I'd suggest that claims from the likes of him, such as he'd have been England captain for X (I can't remember how many he said) times were he white without a shred of real evidence - any circumstantial evidence would point to the fact that there were a numerous better candidates in terms of experience and attitude than him (including black players like Paul Ince). Campbell's comments (which I do not believe he has ever apologised for - I take it back if he has) are offensive - especially to his fellow players and the England captains and managers of the time and arguably racist themselves. We are entitled to call that out without being referred to as "racist". Race card players like Campbell (and we've seen this in action close to him) cause divisiveness in the game and set the "kick it out" campaign back just as far as racists (arguably more, as people are rightly allowed to call out racists).

See what I mean and it has NOTHING to do with being a leftie and, if you think I'm clueless, where does that put you?

Sad that the discussion on here has been reduced to crude racial stereotypes ;)

He has made a good start at least, maybe he will be a future England manager!
Are you being deliberately provocative/stupid again? Where is the "racial stereotype" in what I've said? This will be too difficult for you to understand but your comment demostrates your own prejudices (and ignorance).

He may well be a roaring success and if he is then well done him. I was commenting on him as a person and his behaviour during and after his playing career.

If my lack of knowledge as to the meaning of various "imojis" has meant I've been unfair on you 3x6, I apologise.