Social Media Boycott | Page 2 | Vital Football

Social Media Boycott

Just sent this to one of our editors who asked:

We aren't really social media in the truest sense, we are fans news sites and forums.

Unlike Facebook and Twitter, we do respond to alerts and also, have an array of words in swear filters, that the social media giants should and could do.

And when we get relevant complaints, we do remove users and work hard at trying to keep them off as best we can with the technology available to us.

This takes time and resources, but is crucial in making users feel comfortable.

There is the flipside of users being able to express their views within the reasonable limits you would expect both on and offline.

Of course, none of the forums are perfect, but with the way we try to run them, most of our users respect them and behave accordingly and there is an awful lot of self policing we have seen over the years (eg posts like 'we don't talk like that on Vital')

Like anywhere else, users can be part of the solution or part of the problem.

The AVFC Official account has two new posts this morning on Instagram.... :unsure: Seeing as instagram is owned by, and directly linked to Facebook, why?

The AVFC Official account has two new posts this morning on Instagram.... :unsure: Seeing as instagram is owned by, and directly linked to Facebook, why?
Not sure what you're getting at gm? The blackout starts at 3pm BST today so they're ok to post until then, surely?

I'd assumed it was an all day thing as well, but as said before, I'd also assumed this would be something meaningful like a fortnight minimum so social media companies really got to see some drop off to 'encourage' them to act.

As JF said, we're doing our little bit, I won't be Tweeting out

Am I missing some context or modern phrase here?

I reported this to see how Facebook would react and it said it was fine

what am I missing ?

34F3F52E-C1F1-4DC7-89FB-A02AF3847128.jpeg

I swear these movements and actions just mean a small minority to go the other way, like some sort of tick.

Erm?? I can't say I'm surprised as I see how he had got round Facebooks crystal clear standards there, the thick **** can't spell.

On what planet has one of their moderators decided that?

Last edited:
Wracked my brain to see if there was any sort of context but it was a Martin Lewis thread on comping.

Am I missing some context or modern phrase here?

I reported this to see how Facebook would react and it said it was fine

what am I missing ?

View attachment 48613

Madness. And surely will change soon. They can't keep allowing the wild west....most people only use it to keep tabs on extended family and ultimately it won't be worth it if it gets worse.

100% no missing context for me.

As you say a rap thread about tickets and how long people have to wait - I could get that reply in the sense of him being clever and basically saying 'you have to wait = hang around a bit'.

But absolutely not in this sense.

Is it the question mark. He's not saying he wants it.....he's questioning if it should happen. Maybe hang means you know chill, chat together.

But seriously,
My wife has worked in moderation (not for FB or Twitter) and she would be referring it.