Social Media Boycott | Vital Football

Social Media Boycott

Hmm good point about Vital. I always think of Social Media as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram etc..

Not really sure if this counts but I guess it does... as it's media and some of us can be social... at times.

I think the idea of the boycott is to try and get the big players to take action though isn't it, so I think boycotting the big boys Facebook, Insta, Tik Tok and Twatter would be enough.

I'm thinking of doing it.... but then I'm hoping my man cave will be finished tomorrow and will want to show it off. lol

We are forums, not social media.

We are also run correctly and act on alerts, ban members who step out of line and so on. We also use the very simple thing that both facebook and twitter could use, swear filters, to block out offensive, racist and homophobic names.

It is more social media relating to football where the boycott is going on, is my understanding of it.

tweeted and facebooked:

We will switch off social media accounts from 3pm today to 11.59pm 3 May. Social media must do more to #StopOnlineAbuse.

Fairly easy for me, as I post a tiny % of what I always used to, purely because of the bile allowed. We can all be part of the change or part of the problem.

Said in another thread, someone posted 'gay boy' about Lewis Hamilton. I thought I would test facebook so alerted it. It came back as allowable by their standards, I appealed, it came back as ok a second time and I got an explanation of how to block the person instead.

I should have answered the pratt who wrote it, but really can't be bothered to argue with idiots, also, what i would have said, would probably have got me banned - ironic really.

I do think it is strange how some players are thinking they are major contributors and the companies will really struggle without them. It is only recent years they have been allowed on. Players only a few years back weren't allowed to be on.