social housing | Vital Football

social housing

badge73

Vital 1st Team Regular
Around 1.2million foreigners now live in social housing – one in eight of the total. In London the figure is thought to be as high as one in five.

The national census statistics, which were released yesterday, highlight fears about increased pressure on public services when Romanians and Bulgarians win free access to jobs in this country in January.

The figures also show the effects of the large-scale immigration encouraged by the Tony Blair and Gordon Brown governments.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2379478/Revealed-How-500-000-immigrants-given-social-housing-decade-number-families-waiting-list-hits-record-high.html#ixzz2aEu92wq1

and now there are crys from the roof tops about lack of social housing and yet the turkeys still will vote for christmas ....
:10: :10:

I live in a council house, took us about 6 years or so to get one in my area, yet i know to many immigrants been housed who can't even speak english in Tipton how do you work that out?

I was paying £600 pm for a three bed house for my family and when i fell out of work had to downsize to a two bed which i got one for £450n private rent, we struggled like mad keeping our heads above water but then dropped lucky when a house came available we were 5th on the list to accept it, but all the other 4 families ahead of us were immigrants we were told and turned down the house im now living cos on my estate they attack immigrants as the council officer was warning them he said so thats the only reason we got the house we are living its a feckin disgrace

Don't care re: colour, and I think now the debate has moved on from that (largely) because there are a lot of white immigrants also coming in.

What I do worry about is this country is fairly small and I would say, at an approaching 58million, we are surely full?

Also, not much social / council housing is being built. If Labour and/or now the Tories want more immigrants, surely we need to get back to a proper building structure which will also help alleviate the problems in the construction industries and create jobs.

Don't get me wrong when i say imigrants i mean all walks of like europan etc, but what amazes me is even though you are born in this country the government have been helping immigrants get social housing when our genertaions have been living at home with there mom and dads in there 30's some of my old mates still do with a Mrs and kid, its wrong and to let the social housing decimate into this crisis but still allow immigranst to flood in is imo beyind crazy.

There have been indians mislims etc all saying the same as us there are too many coming in here now and should stop it, cos they want a decent life also aswell as us, but they know if you keep letting others in things like NHS housing you name it will collapse.

Forme social housing should be a last resort rather than expected, i have had to go for it due to my condition and not being able to hold a job down due to not knowing when my eyes will allow me to get on with everyday life the soddin things lol

But if i had full health imo we all should make our own way but there does seem to be many round by me who have great jobs range rovers but still live in a council house? Surely if you earn over a certain amount you don't need a council house as you can afford one yourself?

Country is on its knees, too many of us for sure.

KILL THEM...

[youtube=mUP3A9imOYU]

Trouble is social housing/council houses have been abused. Plenty here driving BMW's etc and taking exotic foreign holidays but still living in a housing association property.

New rules have been bought in over social housing for new tenants a few years ago. It is no longer a home for life and tenancies will be reviewed looking at people's statuses etc over the years.

Meh! We are in council. I was bought up in owner/occupier and was owner occupier as an adult. I walked away from the lot with my children in 2000 when the ex turned on our eldest son. We walked the fires of hell in the aftermath. 2 and a half years of hidden homeless, with 8 moves in that time to get this place we have now been in just over 10 years.

People told me I was lucky to get a council place. After I picked myself up with shock I said and would you want my story? There answer was obviously no.

Would I move. NO way. Too much blood sweat and tears that is personal to us went into getting this place. It is not just a house. It is a home we didn't have for 2 and a half years. It is still here for the youngsters however old they are. That is what I fought for, for me and them.

Each case has to be taken on merit. Agrees with JF though. More housing has to be built. Though JF your way off with the estimate of how many live in the U.K.

It is wait for it: 62.74 million in 2011 so that is without additional since

One of the problems is the right to buy council properties by people living in them. This has taken away the incentive for councils to build properties. If you can afford to buy a property you should do so in the normal market place and social housing should be kept for people who cant afford to buy. If the right to buy was changed then councils could build more properties without affecting the private housing market and house inflation would then be avoided.

Fear PMSL is right a good cull should do it on the needy, im buggered then!

My point is KK not saying you should have your house taken off you, but round by me there is families still living with there mom and dads or one bed flats with three kids no joke, yet next door to me they have a brand new car have just gone on holiday to barbados then in a fortnight are off to Florida taking there grankids away, they have a three bed house surely that house should be for hard up families, my mom and dad gave up there three bed house for a bungalow as it suited them now i grew up etc and cost and size, for me there is too many in social housing who are not needy

I don't know what rents are like round you in council Clive but they aren't cheap in York and aren't far off the price of private rented.

I still have 1 youngster at home anyway. No way now anyway I could get a mortgage because of our age.

Your Mom and Dad were lucky to get a bungalow. In York it is 1 of the hardest places in the country to get housed. There is limited council properties left for families. They are either deaths or evictions. We got the eviction property. God it was a mess beyond. The only reason I got rehoused was on the aftermath of domestic violence.

You have no chance of getting a bungalow in York. Infact even if we were willing to move there is no properties to move into.

As they said with the bedroom tax it is all very well asking people to downsize but there isn't the properties available to downsize too for anyone..

There in itself is an issue, not having properties to downsize into another government blunder, my mom and dad got a bungalow tbh cos the council officer is desperate for houses and was constantly wanting to take it of them every week, but also he knew my mom and dads personal circumstances (dad falling ill recently and out of work now looking for work blah blah) so they were lucky yes to get help but they lost a house that my dad had done up and looked after for 25 years in exchange for a bungalow, round by me bungalows are strangely only becoming avialable to folk who give up houses hmmm

I agree Jam, as soon as im found a donor for my cornea's and if its successful im going for my own buisness, then hopefully get my own house buy one etc, really hope and praying i can get my op's to work i dare not think how i will be in life if they don't but im going off the subject as per usual please ignore me ;)

I am a master of not knowing any facts in this life tbh Heath that i am honest enough to admit lol, all i go off about social housing is the amount of time it took me and my family to get help when we were having to live of family for food etc when things got bad, the council housing officer told me herself there is not enough houses and accomadation for hard up families,

But about the immigrants claiming social housing surely families from the uk should be priority? The housing officer said there were special programmes for imigrant families and helping them get housing, me and my family had no special help!

And from that, Clive, I conclude that it is no easier for an immigrant to get housed. It's hard for everyone, yet it's not projected as such.

Heath im always dubious tbh when they say ''immigrants'' can get a house easily, i must be honest i think your right, its hard for all of us in this life and times, these housing officers are just covering there backs probably why they don't do enough to help us when we hit hard times and struggle to feed our kids and roof over there heads, i begrudge no human in this life feck the colour of our skins times are hard for all!