social distancing at games | Vital Football

social distancing at games

i watched the boxing last night - social distancing was a joke, masks were few and far between - even Floyd Mayweather wasnt wearing one as he entered the stadium

We will all pay the penalty early next year with a third lockdown.

I am starting to worry about the viability of our Club when this happens. The PL "rescue" loan/grant will only cover us for so long.

Camera angles can be deceiving but generally speaking my observations are that not enough people are taking enough care. Lockdown 3 is inevitable by the Christmas relaxations. Not sure there is much difference between tier 3 and lockdown though.

Germany is locking down from Wednesday until January 10th. No easing of restrictions for Christmas there.
I feel this is what we should all be doing (I'd rather sacrifice one Christmas to be able to have many others later) but a vast majority of Brits don't seem to agree.
"I want Christmas and I want it now ", just like a petulant child, hang the consequences.

Germany is locking down from Wednesday until January 10th. No easing of restrictions for Christmas there.

not quite right as there will be a slight easing over Christmas from 24-26th BUT their lockdown is far more stringent than ours - all shops and schools closed, fireworks and any other gatherings on New Years Eve banned - I'm sure you get the drift - as usual the Germans are going to do it properly!

I feel this is what we should all be doing (I'd rather sacrifice one Christmas to be able to have many others later) but a vast majority of Brits don't seem to agree.
My understanding is that spending Christmas with your family isn't compulsory, and people that don't want to don't have to?

My understanding is that spending Christmas with your family isn't compulsory, and people that don't want to don't have to?
Thats the choice we are making other than a short outdoor meeting with the kids. Do you reckon we're in the majority?

Thats the choice we are making other than a short outdoor meeting with the kids. Do you reckon we're in the majority?
We are waiting till it is safe to meet .I only have a few days .One of my brothers has to work Christmas day .I have a sister who is one of the most vulnerable to the virus. So we all felt it was best to enjoy Christmas as best we could and meet up properly in 2021 when it is safe to do so.

not quite right as there will be a slight easing over Christmas from 24-26th BUT their lockdown is far more stringent than ours - all shops and schools closed, fireworks and any other gatherings on New Years Eve banned - I'm sure you get the drift - as usual the Germans are going to do it properly!
How about an absolute lockdown with everything closed except for food shops and supermarkets selling food only, counted in and out. Then police and troops on the streets to enforce it.
That should work.
What do you think ?

We cancelled our regular 4 household Christmas get together even before the govt. put us in to Tier 4.
I've had to promise my wife not to spoil our post dinner walk on the 25th by cursing at all the extra cars that have suddenly appeared on driveways and parked up on our road.

How about an absolute lockdown with everything closed except for food shops and supermarkets selling food only, counted in and out. Then police and troops on the streets to enforce it.
That should work.
What do you think ?

It would definitely reduce the spread. That cant be argued with but I think the issue is it then springs back when the lockdown is lifted.

I've long be an advocate for regular total lockdowns for a week or so to act as a pressure release valve.

If people are sensible (no chance) then Christmas could help, schools are closed and the vast majority are off work. If we all kept away from each other then this could ease the spread but no chance of that. Unfortunately our society is just too selfish. Its all me, me, me Unfortunately.

Chatting (virtually) with a friend who lost their brother in law recently brings it all home. My wife's waiting for a test result today. If its positive then being a teacher it was kind of inevitable that she would get it.

I'm fine with not seeing other people for a few weeks, is it really that hard ?

NB. I know some people struggle with mental health issues and loneliness is a key factor. I'm not talking about them, this is about Joe average who really could stay the fcuk at home if he chose to.

That should work.
What do you think ?
More overtime for Nobby? He must be worth a bit already!

We cancelled our regular 4 household Christmas get together even before the govt. put us in to Tier 4.
I've had to promise my wife not to spoil our post dinner walk on the 25th by cursing at all the extra cars that have suddenly appeared on driveways and parked up on our road.
We agreed long before any announcement it was common sense in my view to do it .In October and before it was clear that a normal Christmas would cause many extra deaths.Even if you feel safe it is hardly the right thing to do to kill others just because you are too selfish to wait a few months.

We agreed long before any announcement it was common sense in my view to do it .In October and before it was clear that a normal Christmas would cause many extra deaths.

Back in October we didn't know a mutated variant would cause a significant spike just prior to Christmas. People like you say we should follow the science but back in October the science and graphs suggested the outbreak would be relatively minimal over Christmas. IF (and I capitalised it) the science and graphs showed there was a risk of a peak over Christmas then you can be sure Boris would have changed policy in order to manipulate the spread so that we'd come out of a lockdown a week or so prior to Christmas.

Even if you feel safe it is hardly the right thing to do to kill others just because you are too selfish to wait a few months.

Stop being so melodramatic.

If I decide to visit my relatives (I don't before you accuse) then it would be after consultation with them and having weighed up the relative risks** of doing so. If as a result of doing so then either myself or relatives get sick then that was a risk we were prepared to take and we'll suffer the consequences. I won't be visiting your granny so if she gets ill and dies then it isn't my fault.

At the end of the day, if your risk assessment is that you want to lock yourself away from the world then you don't need to interact with the Granny Killers and your Granny will probably survive Christmas.

** based upon
a) house size and ability to distance.
b) number of people visiting at the same time.
c) level of general self isolation of people in the run up to Christmas.
d) if any member had previously has Covid and is *probably* safe