Sobering Thought? Or It Should Be! | Vital Football

Sobering Thought? Or It Should Be!

48 seconds ?
Jesus,that means 60 seconds x 60 minutes = 3600 / 48 = 75 people per hour x 24 hours = 1800 people are disabled by drunk drivers per 24 hour period x 7 days = 12600 per week x 52 = 655,200 per year ?
So, over a 10 year period 6.5 million people ?

Is this right or,as I`ve just got up,have i screwed up my maths here ?
If that`s right,it`s absolutely astonishing .

seems a bit ott stat wise to me, but thought it a good image.

It ruins lives, no doubt at all. Cowardly horrible thing to do drink driving in my humble.

I'm sure the stats are somewhere but I'm too busy/lazy to look them up!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23529736

http://www.drinkdriving.org/drink_driving_statistics_uk.php

Clubpaver - 5/2/2014 14:21

48 seconds ?
Jesus,that means 60 seconds x 60 minutes = 3600 / 48 = 75 people per hour x 24 hours = 1800 people are disabled by drunk drivers per 24 hour period x 7 days = 12600 per week x 52 = 655,200 per year ?
So, over a 10 year period 6.5 million people ?

Is this right or,as I`ve just got up,have i screwed up my maths here ?
If that`s right,it`s absolutely astonishing .

This! :14:

48 seconds? I call bull shit, maybe in Russia that statistic may be true or if it's counting the whole world.

84,000 nicked for d/d in 06 in England and Wales.Not nicked,but convicted,cos some would have got off with it.
Those are just the ones that were caught .

Eye opening

it's bollocks.

Even if that many people do get hit and become disabled from drink driving - are they all driving age, capable of driving, able to afford a car???

I dont think so.

James06 - 5/2/2014 14:39

it's bollocks.

Even if that many people do get hit and become disabled from drink driving - are they all driving age, capable of driving, able to afford a car???

I dont think so.

Now that`s what i call,"Thinking outside the Box"
:1:

even if it is every 40 days the people doing it are still filth under my shoes. In fact, they are such filth they are too filthy to even be under my shoes...

Not disputing that Fear having lost a couple mates to drink drivers, I've also noticed that a lot of the "old boys" who still drive still partake in drink driving and I think they are stupid.

Saying drink drivers are wankers is standard, I don't think anyone would argue that.

I'm not sure exaggerating statistics or creating false shock, is the right way to get a point across though. To be hard hitting it has to be realistic.

Meh.

I just thought the image was sobering. But yes, would be nice to have it with exact facts.

Also, when it go to tesco at lunchtime it would seem that every fucker is 'eligible' for a spacka spot. They should really be reserved just for the unfortunate victims of being overweight.

I got told off once when my legs were giving way, for saying they were spazzing.

So someone complained to a differently abled person, on behalf of all other differently abled people, whilst being a fit person.

Oh the irony.

I thought, from the other thread, we had decided fatties fatty fat fats should have their own spaces and supermarket assistants to fetch their food for them, save them getting out of their cars?

Or was this overruled and I just didn't get the memo?

No that is correct. I think we all agreed that the razzas and parents should have wide spaces furthest away from the entrance, and those unfortunate enough to be carrying the burden of the dreadful afflictiont hat is excess weight, should rightfully be given spaces at the entrance (ideally with a cover or even valet parking) and given assitance with trollies, and packing.

ah, good call, valet whilst they wait. All saves on their calorie burn. Jim, I really do think we are starting something here, all for a better, fatter world.