So you're gay. Who gives a f**k? | Vital Football

So you're gay. Who gives a f**k?

Spursex

Alert Team
After 27 years of marriage, you decide to come out gay. Bully for you, I couldn't care less.

Incredibly, after lying and misleading your wife/family for most of your marriage when you do come out, the media describe you as 'brave' or even 'incredibly brave' - social media accounts of the person in question get flooded with messages of 'support'.

My view; keep your private life private and if you can't do that don't luxuriate in the limelight, instead think about those you've hurt/damaged and now put in a spotlight they never wanted to be.

Worse of all is listening to snowflakes fawning at every word uttered and continuously declaring their love for him and repetitively pronouncing how 'brave' he is. If I could, I would have sacked a small gaggle of Women for endlessly discussing this in the office - I now know how they feel about our football conversations.

It's not my kind of bravery and never will be, I wish these snowflakes would STFU, but we all know it, next will be the never-ending turgid interviews, the book and then the one-off TV 'special'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51413187

He's a liar and a scumbag in my book.

Am I a dinosaur?

A 'platy puss' maybe

Seriously attention seeking is wrong in this context. As you say Ex what about the swathe of hurt and confusion the person has left behind . Do it with as much dignity as you can if that is your persuasion We only have a finite time in this wrold and if one is living a lie, then they are probably making themselves and those around them miserable. So do it but do it in an understanding and delicate way.

Whatever, it's part and parcel of life. Just don't feel it's justified to give them so much front page space. Just get on with it.

Edited opening remark. Not worth the effort.

Last edited:
A 'platy puss' maybe

Seriously attention seeking is wrong in this context. As you say Ex what about the swathe of hurt and confusion the person has left behind . Do it with as much dignity as you can if that is your persuasion We only have a finite time in this wrold and if one is living a lie, then they are probably making themselves and those around them miserable. So do it but do it in an understanding and delicate way.
Or don’t “come out” at at all , what ‘kin difference would it make to 99.9999999999999999999% of this planet . Maybe fifty people think he is brave or a hero or ‘kin whatever, all the luvvies that fawn all around him . Absolutely makes my blood boil . He describes how the families have embraced it all , why do we need to know all that . I really could not give a fuck . If I had done the same , would he be interested in me . Exactly !

After 27 years of marriage, you decide to come out gay. Bully for you, I couldn't care less.

Incredibly, after lying and misleading your wife/family for most of your marriage when you do come out, the media describe you as 'brave' or even 'incredibly brave' - social media accounts of the person in question get flooded with messages of 'support'.

My view; keep your private life private and if you can't do that don't luxuriate in the limelight, instead think about those you've hurt/damaged and now put in a spotlight they never wanted to be.

Worse of all is listening to snowflakes fawning at every word uttered and continuously declaring their love for him and repetitively pronouncing how 'brave' he is. If I could, I would have sacked a small gaggle of Women for endlessly discussing this in the office - I now know how they feel about our football conversations.

It's not my kind of bravery and never will be, I wish these snowflakes would STFU, but we all know it, next will be the never-ending turgid interviews, the book and then the one-off TV 'special'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51413187

He's a liar and a scumbag in my book.

Am I a dinosaur?
If you are a dinosaur then I’m in your gang

I always thought he was gay anyway, no surprise to me. It would have been braver to have jeopardized his tv career when doing kids tv by being honest perhaps.