So, who wants lockdown easing then? | Page 17 | Vital Football

So, who wants lockdown easing then?

Does anyone think that Covid-19 might just burn itself out like SARS did in 2003? No new deaths in Spain yesterday :giggle:.
Funny enough Will i was just reading about the Italian scientists who are saying people who are now testing positive are appearing to have much lower levels of the virus than a month ago! Maybe some merit in your post,let us hope so!

Does anyone think that Covid-19 might just burn itself out like SARS did in 2003? No new deaths in Spain yesterday :giggle:.

Interesting Will .......and also noting Exiled's comments .......I suspect that in order for that to be feasible, we'd have to be a little closer to the end of the line.

Breaking lockdown as early as we are, with the number of infections still significant, I'm not sure that we'll see the same petering out enjoyed by those countries....... (though that's obviously an opinion based on absolutely bugger all medical or epidemiological experience!).

Regardless, the finding from the Italians that the virus seems to becoming steadily weaker is undoubtedly good news.

Having just watched our elected representatives cast their votes on the future voting arrangements (what a despicable stance by the government), it's frightening how many of them weren't able to follow simple instructions.

Unbelievable......... and embarrassing.

Having just watched our elected representatives cast their votes on the future voting arrangements (what a despicable stance by the government), it's frightening how many of them weren't able to follow simple instructions.

Unbelievable......... and embarrassing.
like a bunch of infants!How easy were those instructions,!!Maybe its time to introduce IQ tests for MPs,or maybe common sense tests!!

like a bunch of infants!How easy were those instructions,!!Maybe its time to introduce IQ tests for MPs,or maybe common sense tests!!
I'm glad it's not just me. It's been absolutely astonishing. I'm not sure I'd trust half of them to make a brew.

So I take it that you'd agree that JRM is just as hypocritical for wanting it closed back then, but wanting it open now?

Did you actually read my post properly? ......I started off with that it's maybe a good thing that it returns.

So ......650 members, into a chamber that already isn't big enough to cope ........ so lots will have to operate "virtually". No problem maybe. ......until it comes to voting.

You seem to have ignored the issue about those still classed as "vulnerable", and of course, those caring for/living with the same.

Surely you wouldn't want those people not to be able to participate in votes?
Should burn the whole sorry place down and carry on with virtual voting long term.
Think of the savings in travel, accom, expenses etc etc etc etc If MPs had to live full time in their constituencies, work half their day in virtual parliament and half their day supporting local voters and

Realistic chances of the gravy train hitting the buffers though - zero

Should burn the whole sorry place down and carry on with virtual voting long term.
Think of the savings in travel, accom, expenses etc etc etc etc If MPs had to live full time in their constituencies, work half their day in virtual parliament and half their day supporting local voters and

Realistic chances of the gravy train hitting the buffers though - zero
We can't have the subsidised bars and canteens of Westminster closing long term how will the poorly paid dears afford to eat?
Shouldn't mention that the fire service sacked their cooks to save money, get them back up here give them a brush and they can help the fireman put the moors fires out.

I haven’t seen aforementioned scenes but I guess the little darlings were confused about choosing one of two lines. They won’t be happy about having to queue I guess, so probably haven’t been to a supermarket during peak times in recent months.

Interesting Will .......and also noting Exiled's comments .......I suspect that in order for that to be feasible, we'd have to be a little closer to the end of the line.

Breaking lockdown as early as we are, with the number of infections still significant, I'm not sure that we'll see the same petering out enjoyed by those countries....... (though that's obviously an opinion based on absolutely bugger all medical or epidemiological experience!).

Regardless, the finding from the Italians that the virus seems to becoming steadily weaker is undoubtedly good news.

Tbf a lot of people think that coronavirus might’ve been all over us towards the end of last year, and that what we experienced in April was actually the second peak. I remember last November I had all the symptoms and was waking up covered in sweat, coughing all day, couldn’t even get out of bed and really warm all the time. Was like the flu but way worse. A lot of people have reported the same from what I’ve heard.

Apparently Matt Hancock has sneaked through a clause that will enable lockdown to continue for another month. Not sure how to feel about this at all.

Well ........ Rees-Mogg got his way.

Duly elected MPs who are either advised by the government that they should stay at home for their own health, or alternatively, may be married to a keyworker (and therefore providing childcare) , or looking after someone else who needs to shield, no longer have a vote on the business of the house.

An absolutely disgraceful decision .........and I say this with no political bias whatsoever. It's just wrong.

Well ........ Rees-Mogg got his way.

Duly elected MPs who are either advised by the government that they should stay at home for their own health, or alternatively, may be married to a keyworker (and therefore providing childcare) , or looking after someone else who needs to shield, no longer have a vote on the business of the house.

An absolutely disgraceful decision .........and I say this with no political bias whatsoever. It's just wrong.
They can get around this by the "pairing" method though that may leave some Tory MPs without a "pair" and some Labour MPs spoilt for choice given the current inbalance 😉🤣

They can get around this by the "pairing" method though that may leave some Tory MPs without a "pair" and some Labour MPs spoilt for choice given the current inbalance 😉🤣

Listening to the debate, apparently, "pairing" wouldn't fully have worked. That;s why a cross bench committee - chaired by a Tory - submitted the (failed) amendment.

You're right though ....... it's apparent that there are quite a few Tories without a pair. :rolleyes:

(Ta for the tap in ;)).

Well, at least it's a good job they haven't all been crowded together in a cramped space ....... oh .... :slap:

Edit ............ oh, and get well soon Alok ............ though I suspect you'll welcome the excuse to get away from those briefings for a few days.

2nd edit ........... actually, thinking about it, given age, gender and background, I sincerely hope it doesn't turn serious.

Last edited:
Well, at least it's a good job they haven't all been crowded together in a cramped space ....... oh .... :slap:

Edit ............ oh, and get well soon Alok ............ though I suspect you'll welcome the excuse to get away from those briefings for a few days.

2nd edit ........... actually, thinking about it, given age, gender and background, I sincerely hope it doesn't turn serious.

Hope he will be ok.
On a postive note ...a perfect test subject for contact tracing.