So, who wants lockdown easing then? | Vital Football

So, who wants lockdown easing then?

I will play Moonay😉🤣
My vote goes to - not until the impact on other nations who have already reduced lockdown becomes apparent - then follow the best path identified.
In the meanwhile and understanding the confirmed 5 criteria until these are met no changes at all.
Until that time the advocates of relaxing now or in the next few days (we know who they are !) should shut the feck up, keep quiet and stop being selfish.

I will play Moonay😉🤣

I knew you would. :love1:
:cheers:

My vote goes to - not until the impact on other nations who have already reduced lockdown becomes apparent - then follow the best path identified.
In the meanwhile and understanding the confirmed 5 criteria until these are met no changes at all.
Until that time the advocates of relaxing now or in the next few days (we know who they are !) should shut the feck up, keep quiet and stop being selfish.

Yaay ................... that's you, me, MiW, and SKS all on the same page.

Now, we just need to convince these stupid bloody Tory donors. (y)

;)

I knew you would. :love1:
:cheers:

Yaay ................... that's you, me, MiW, and SKS all on the same page.

Now, we just need to convince these stupid bloody Tory donors. (y)

;)

And these stupid Labour leaders and politicians 👍😉

I'm with you John they do need to clamp down there are a lot of selfish bastards about. If we are not careful there will be a second wave as bad if not worse than this. I realise the economy needs it but too many lives are still being lost, stuff football for the time being people need to stay home protect the NHS and save lives.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...WMAl6BAgFEAE&usg=AOvVaw1yLbGfajAnidY1XBzpG26u

Reading this the advocates of an early easing or lifting should be very wary - If this is Germany with all it's citizen compliance what chance the UK avoiding mass second spike infections ?
As for Spain did you see the pics from Barca yesterday following their relaxation - clearly no lessons learned at all there - if that is representative of al Spanish cities they will be back at square 1 in 2 weeks 😢

My thoughts exactly. Can't all the political stuff stay in one thread?
All of the specific issues were starting to overlap. I simply thought sticking stuff about lockdown in here would be a good idea. So, we have:
- congrats to Johnson on sprouting another kid
- good stuff the government's done,
- the cock ups they've made, and now
- lockdown easement ......... and the moaning thread can resort to more specific moaning.

I really don't understand the moaning about "another thread". The topic's quite clear. Why would anyone even bother to have a look in if it holds no interest?

It's a no from me, until the test, track and trace system has proved to be effective then we stay in lockddown! Germany has already seen the infection rate rising after their first step and I'm afraid that would happen here with deaths rising quickly! A vaccine or an effective treatment would then be the only reason for lifting restrictions!

All of the specific issues were starting to overlap. I simply thought sticking stuff about lockdown in here would be a good idea. So, we have:
- congrats to Johnson on sprouting another kid
- good stuff the government's done,
- the cock ups they've made, and now
- lockdown easement ......... and the moaning thread can resort to more specific moaning.

I really don't understand the moaning about "another thread". The topic's quite clear. Why would anyone even bother to have a look in if it holds no interest?

Disagree. The topics are all interlinked, the conversations are essentially the same yet are now split across so many threads. Your original summat to moan about thread was sufficient.

Not me. Not most (all?) of us on here. Not Keir Starmer (despite rumours to the contrary).

Johnson's Russian donor does.

So does this mon ..................... donate if you wish .............. not sure why he doesn't just look down the couch for some loose change though ..............

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Dolan

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/lockdownlegalchallenge/
No we should keep on with the lockdown for another two months and then have a look at the issue.

In the meantime the gov’t should be looking to Improve their post-lockdown plan.
staggering work hours (which they’re looking into) is a good start. Hopefully they will have more good ideas and fast.

I’m not a scientist but having listened to many of them over the past month (the man on QT this week was brill) we should tread with caution having seen what has happened in places that have lifted restrictions.

I am very skeptic of the people who want to reopen the country sooner than is safe. I wonder what their motives could be? Couldn’t possibly be putting money and profit over people’s lives, could it?

Having read lots on the man for my history degree, I wonder what Churchill would have done. He cared for his people and understood their fears and people appreciated that greatly.

Something this gov’t have failed to acknowledge is the public’s fear (by not being transparent re. Many many things). We are one of the most fearful of the pandemic in the world. Is this helped by the current gov’t? No.

He was also a hell of a lot better at uniting a country than this lot. Perhaps, if Johnson wants to emulate Churchill he should start by taking responsibility for shortcomings in this challenging period. Instead all we get is a propaganda machine that Goebbels would be proud of, really disheartening when we are in such a state of emergency.

No we should keep on with the lockdown for another two months and then have a look at the issue.

In the meantime the gov’t should be looking to Improve their post-lockdown plan.
staggering work hours (which they’re looking into) is a good start. Hopefully they will have more good ideas and fast.

I’m not a scientist but having listened to many of them over the past month (the man on QT this week was brill) we should tread with caution having seen what has happened in places that have lifted restrictions.

I am very skeptic of the people who want to reopen the country sooner than is safe. I wonder what their motives could be? Couldn’t possibly be putting money and profit over people’s lives, could it?

Having read lots on the man for my history degree, I wonder what Churchill would have done. He cared for his people and understood their fears and people appreciated that greatly.

Something this gov’t have failed to acknowledge is the public’s fear (by not being transparent re. Many many things). We are one of the most fearful of the pandemic in the world. Is this helped by the current gov’t? No.

He was also a hell of a lot better at uniting a country than this lot. Perhaps, if Johnson wants to emulate Churchill he should start by taking responsibility for shortcomings in this challenging period. Instead all we get is a propaganda machine that Goebbels would be proud of, really disheartening when we are in such a state of emergency.
I actually agreed with the first part of tjis post .......! - I know 😂
The second half unsurprisingly descended into an anti govt rant.
Noted that no comment or critique of leftie types, Sir Starmer or labours PR dept the BBC / Guardian constantly pushing the govt for easing details when the 5 criteria for this have been clearly set out - maybe you could share thoughts on this aspect ?