So, who wants lockdown easing then? | Page 16 | Vital Football

So, who wants lockdown easing then?

I'd meant to post this earlier, but given all the to and fro about Maitlis and the Durham Police report, I completely forgot.

Does anyone seriously think that if either Vallance or Whitty were going to say anything whatsoever to support Johnson and Cummings that they wouldn't have been urged to speak out before now?

Vallance's input tonight seemed very grave ....... .warning about the R rate being fairly close to 1 ...... warning about the infections.

In fact, re the R rate, he mentioned the variations between nations, and then even between regions. This is what Burnham has been asking to be shared, but to date it hasn't.

I hope they're going to publicise the figures by region in future.

I feel as though the entire media backlash with regards to the Cummings scandal has been completely blown out of proportion. A significant number of people have broken the lockdown rules and gotten away with it, why should Cummings be any different?

Oh dear Will, oh dear....I'm afraid you are in for some serious rebuttals & a rollicking from Mr Moonay high up in Moonay Towers, just off Bitter Cummings Road, near Obsessed Johnson Lane, in the county of Tory Balls Upshire..😉😉
Word of advice here Will.....get your tin helmet on & get ready for some flack.
I agree with u btw.

Don't listen to the grumpy old men Will........... though not as virulent as Covid, it can be contagious. 😉

I disagree Will, but if you want to know why, you can read the "summat to moan abart" thread. (I wouldn't necessarily recommend it😁).

Any road .....:cheers:

Let's see how many Cummings critics who support LFC practice safe distancing the day they win the Greed League. Could well be a spike after that which will put Heysel and Hillsborough in the shadows unfortunately.
So easy to just have null and voided the season and put safety first.

Let's see how many Cummings critics who support LFC practice safe distancing the day they win the Greed League. Could well be a spike after that which will put Heysel and Hillsborough in the shadows unfortunately.
So easy to just have null and voided the season and put safety first.
That is so correct be thousands out from all over the place. All the plastic fans. Been a football fan all my life. But right now my Grandkids are more important

Oh dear Will, oh dear....I'm afraid you are in for some serious rebuttals & a rollicking from Mr Moonay high up in Moonay Towers, just off Bitter Cummings Road, near Obsessed Johnson Lane, in the county of Tory Balls Upshire..😉😉
Word of advice here Will.....get your tin helmet on & get ready for some flack.
I agree with u btw.
I agree with jock, Will. Try to get a kip this afternoon as moonay will keep you up till about 3AM with some sort of demented twitter attack son.

Forgive him lad...I fear he has been possessed by a demon and a few of us who are worried for him are contemplating giving his local priest a bell for an exorcism.

Ahaha 😂 tbf although Moonay has some questionable opinions, he can certainly back them up pretty well. Whether that’s a good thing or not is also questionable!

How are you both doing during lockdown? Hope ur getting on all right.

Don't listen to the grumpy old men Will........... though not as virulent as Covid, it can be contagious. 😉

I disagree Will, but if you want to know why, you can read the "summat to moan abart" thread. (I wouldn't necessarily recommend it😁).

Any road .....:cheers:

Think I’ll take your recommendation and pass on that one Moonay, although thanks for the invitation! 😂

Should also say thanks to KDZ for pointing out that Ali and Kinnock also broke lockdown rules; I had no idea they had but it gave me some ammunition against my Labour-supporting friend who was using Cummings’ actions to justify that all tories are ‘thick’. 🙄

Just had a ride down canal and there was a group of teenagers 200 strong sunbathing, music playing and just having the crack near Scotsman's flash. Most of the girls had bikinis on but ( cough ) that's beside the point. Nearly ended up in the cut swannecking......

Social distancing ??????

So, Parliament is going to return to Westminster.

To be fair, that's maybe a good thing, but you don't need to be the greatest cynic to take the view that it's more to do with either protecting Johnson at PMQs, or getting Cummings (and other cock ups) off the front page than in restoring democracy.

There'll apparently still be social distancing in the house (restricting the number of the 650 MPs who can be in there.........not clear if there'll be an increase to the current max of 50), but voting will revert to the traditional "through the lobbies" method........... involving a Disney style (or Ikea if you like) one and a half kilometer queue.................. which those over 70 and MPs sheltering for others obviously won't be able to join.

Why not return, but carry on with remote voting. How myopic do you need to be not to see that as a reasonable compromise?

The same MPs and folk that were moaning about parliament being shut 9 months ago are the same ones moaning now it’s reopening. Damned if they do damned if they don’t.

It’s only right that if schools are going back and other businesses and industries are reopening that the elected PMs get back to the workplace too. If they have to practice social distancing and lead by example by waiting in line to get in a voting lobby then so be it.

The same MPs and folk that were moaning about parliament being shut 9 months ago are the same ones moaning now it’s reopening. Damned if they do damned if they don’t..

So I take it that you'd agree that JRM is just as hypocritical for wanting it closed back then, but wanting it open now?

Did you actually read my post properly? ......I started off with that it's maybe a good thing that it returns.

It’s only right that if schools are going back and other businesses and industries are reopening that the elected PMs get back to the workplace too. If they have to practice social distancing and lead by example by waiting in line to get in a voting lobby then so be it.

So ......650 members, into a chamber that already isn't big enough to cope ........ so lots will have to operate "virtually". No problem maybe. ......until it comes to voting.

You seem to have ignored the issue about those still classed as "vulnerable", and of course, those caring for/living with the same.

Surely you wouldn't want those people not to be able to participate in votes?

Just had a ride down canal and there was a group of teenagers 200 strong sunbathing, music playing and just having the crack near Scotsman's flash. Most of the girls had bikinis on but ( cough ) that's beside the point. Nearly ended up in the cut swannecking......

Social distancing ??????

No one was doing it anymore in my local park either: groups of people clearly not from the same household mixing with each other with no attempt to social distance. I think it's a combination of the actions of Cummings/Milani/Kinnock in addition to Boris saying people can meet in groups of six. My prediction is that lockdown will be pretty much entirely over in a month's time.

No one was doing it anymore in my local park either: groups of people clearly not from the same household mixing with each other with no attempt to social distance. I think it's a combination of the actions of Cummings/Milani/Kinnock in addition to Boris saying people can meet in groups of six. My prediction is that lockdown will be pretty much entirely over in a month's time.

All that just sounds like part of the always somebody else's fault syndrome....the reason teenagers ( and others ) congregate is because they are thick as feckin apeshit.

Nothing more, nothing less.