So, who wants lockdown easing then? | Page 14 | Vital Football

So, who wants lockdown easing then?

At this point you should just apologise even if you don’t mean it. I can’t be bothered anymore. You know what you did even if it was by accident.

Wtf do you want me to apologise if I don’t mean it? I only apologise if I’m being sincere and in this instance my conscience is clear and I have nothing to apologise for.

For the last time as you seemingly can’t get it into your head - the phrase ‘man up’ was used in reference to your pathetic reasoning why you won’t use an app. NOT your sexuality which you only declared AFTER I used it and the one at 10.41 was in direct reply to the one you made at around 7pm - again which was BEFORE your declaration. Seriously, for your own sake and sanity, get a grip of yourself.

As a person in a same sex marriage i am used to barbs and homophobic remarks,but i have to say that i do not think that MIW was homophobic in this instance! To me he used the phrase "man up" as a general term and not a personal insult! I think you should both now stop the to and fro before it gets to the point that things are said that would be totally unacceptable!

I could get all this 'nonsense' in the early hours n maybe a few drinks involved, tiredness or winding up....but it's now afternoonish so surely posters have had time to re read this thread n see what has / hasn't been said or intended yet we're still down the road of seeking apologises for some offence that's deemed homophobic.....I've reread the thread RichyM n really can't see where you see MiW / Hampton or any other poster being posting a direct homophobic reply to you. As to Moonay saying that MiW should now apologise despite his 'man up' post being well before RichyM's bisexuality disclosure is just adding fuel to the fire imo & just prolongs a needless argument.

..... As to Moonay saying that MiW should now apologise despite his 'man up' post being well before RichyM's bisexuality disclosure is just adding fuel to the fire imo & just prolongs a needless argument.

Let's get this right Jock. I said that I didn't think there was any intent meant in the way that Richy took it. That's why I thought a simple "apology" for any unintended offence if the comment was taken the wrong way" would have closed the issue down.

I also suggested Richy sort it out with MiW off line.

I also PM'd Richy and MiW.

MiW didn't feel that he needed to apologise, so that's up to him.

I'm really not sure why you feel to have a pop this morning. Other than the crap html knowledge, I've made no comment.

So. .......taking your own advice ........ why are you having a pop at stuff that was posted last night, when I've not been party to the ping pong this morning?

An apology is awaited.
:whist: ....................... :innocent:

;)

Let's get this right Jock. I said that I didn't think there was any intent meant in the way that Richy took it. That's why I thought a simple "apology" for any unintended offence if the comment was taken the wrong way" would have closed the issue down.

I'm really not sure why you feel to have a pop this morning. Other than the crap html knowledge, I've made no comment.

So. .......taking your own advice ........ why are you having a pop at stuff that was posted last night, when I've not been party to the ping pong this morning?

An apology is awaited.

;)
Not sure why or how an initial debate about Dominic Cummings and personal data could descend into this amount of chaos and it really shouldn't.
However "people" (specifically generic to avoid offence !) right in front of our eyes we have a prime example of the state of our offence taking, conspiracy focussed and needy society .
It's really really sad that we exist in such a state of frightened paranoia.
Did we have any of this before the advent of social media - not to my recollection. Crazy thing is engaging with social media is not compulsory
Let's all get back to falling out about politics, music and occasionally football and park the rest - please ?

An apology is awaited.

;)

You feel there's no 'offence' yet went on to say MiW should apologise because there COULD have been offence made....imo there was none so no need for you to suggest MiW apologises. Jeez if we go along the lines of your analogy of 'comment was taken the wrong way'.....we'd all be apologising for all sorts.

In response to u asking why my having a pop at stuff posted last nite......thot I explained it when posting it last night but incase u missed it - I didn't think that RichyM's post on his sexual preferences or incidents he's had to put up with in a previous job needed to be aired on this forum & were starting to get out of hand.

You may not well have been party to this 'ping pong' as u call it but by posting that u think an apology is due adds fuel to the fire whilst giving RichyM's claims of homophobic remarks a bit of backing. IMO your suggestion of them PM'ing was how it should have been left.

As to the awaiting an apology.......:whist: 🍻😉

Bloody hell Jock. I thought I was supposed to be the dog with a bone!

All I meant was that (if it was me in MiW's position), I'd have simply said summat like "I'm sorry if you took offence, given the new context you've provided, but none was meant". It's not a difficult concept to understand Jock. It's called being civil, that's all. I presume you took note that I actually defended MiW (& Hampton) to Richy.

MiW doesn't feel the need though, and that's fine. Nowt to do with me.

Re the "last night" issue, you've got the wrong end of the stick. What I meant was, you said that you "could get all this 'nonsense' in the early hours n maybe a few drinks involved, tiredness or winding up....but it's now afternoonish ". ...........and now you're having a pop at me though I've posted nothing on the subject since last night.

This schooling lark is bloody tiring ! ...................... oh, and if you're not going to say sorry for being such a silly billy, then you'll have to stay inside until you do.
;)

All I meant was that (if it was me in MiW's position), I'd have simply said summat like "I'm sorry if you took offence, given the new context you've provided, but none was meant". It's not a difficult concept to understand Jock. It's called being civil, that's all. I presume you took note that I actually defended MiW (& Hampton) to Richy.

MiW doesn't feel the need though, and that's fine. Nowt to do with me.

;)
I've drawn a line under it now. Obviously just a context/societal/political/generational divide.

It's a shame MiW couldn't apologise even if they didn't actually mean it. "I am sorry if you took offense, it wasn't meant that way" would have sufficed. Much like I did the other month with the "call a spade a spade" comment, don't know if you recall but I was unaware of the racist connotations so I looked into after it being pointed out to me, then removed the comment and apologised.

Reckon we all should move on and focus on the incoming speech from Bojo.

You lot are all embarrassing yourselves, grow up!

As for the lockdown, this bank holiday weekend has undone all the recent work based on the videos I’ve seen. No doubt we will now have a big spike in the coming weeks and will all be locked down again by June. This comes after the Tories plan to cut furlough this week. I suspect Rishi will have to backtrack with his cuts in the next month or so if we all get locked down again.

I'm sick to death of all this apologising for causing or not causing offence rubbish.

For example I could call offence for the generational comment in the last post.
Exiled could have called offence for the man up comment - she didn't
I and others could have called offence for the spade comment - no one did so need for apologies at all.
We may as well close down the whole board if it becomes sanitised to such a degree that no one will debate for the fear of upsetting someone, somewhere (in summertime) - that's for you Jock - though you should be careful with that username......!
I'm with C Latic - get some context and perspective before being offended and we'll all rub along fine.

You lot are all embarrassing yourselves, grow up!

As for the lockdown, this bank holiday weekend has undone all the recent work based on the videos I’ve seen. No doubt we will now have a big spike in the coming weeks and will all be locked down again by June. This comes after the Tories plan to cut furlough this week. I suspect Rishi will have to backtrack with his cuts in the next month or so if we all get locked down again.
As for the reduction in furlough to 60% it's the idiots who were partying on Friday who will be complaining the loudest when it happens. The country doesn't have a bottomless pit of money.
Also on this at which point do the feckless unemployed -never had a job don't want one get a benefits cut ?
Before any high horses come out of the stables I am not on about folk in poverty or unable to work here !

Having read the last few pages of this thread unless I'm missing something Hampton and MiW haven't said anything homophobic and haven't brought anyone's immutable characteristics into the debate.

Accusations like that should not be made without strong evidence. Unless someone can point me to something I've missed the aligations seem unfair at best and disengenous at worse.

If MiW and Hampton have and someone can provide supporting evidence I'll join in asking them to apologise.

If that evidence can't be produced in think they are owed an apology.

Last edited:
Having read the last few pages of this thread unless I'm missing something Hampton and MiW haven't said anything homophobic and haven't brought anyone's immutable characteristics into the debate.

Accusations like that should not be made without strong evidence. Unless someone can point me to something I've missed the aligations seem unfair at best and disengenous at worse.

Nope, you haven’t missed anything, there was nothing homophobic said.