Votes: 6 8.6%
  • Delaney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Low

Votes: 11 15.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tedesco seems interesting, he terminated his contract with Spartak this June due to Covid and wanting to be closer to his family, but appears that he was doing a decent job.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/ger...-getting-started-as-manager-of-rising-schalke

Tedesco's trick is to make players part of his decision-making process. He listens to their views and ideas before games, encourages participation and thus ensures that they are fully invested in the whatever system or style they are playing in any given game. "A team believes more strongly in a plan if they feel that they have had a hand in conceiving it," he said. They believe in him, too. Some players have started watching back their own games and asking him to correct their mistakes. "We try to transform things that annoy us into positive energy the next day, by talking, video analysis and individual training," Tedesco said describing his collaborative methods to Bild.

Mmm Tedesco looks very interesting. I hadn't heard of him either, but that is meaningless. Interesting CV, again not at the top yet by quite a way but has had success in more than one league and in a different country.

I like Simon Jordan too and he's right I'd love to see us go for an established manager like a Ten Hag or a Poch. Nothing would please me more.

I just can't see it, and of the other uninspiring names doing the rounds Gerrard sits top for me based purely on potential as Jordan points out.

I'd very much like to know who the genius is who decided that Steven Gerrard is potentially an elite manager.
The league he manages in has two potential winners, everyone else plays for third spot.
In fact, I cannot remember the last time a club, other than Rangers or Celtic won the top league in Scotland and I'm 71 and lived in Glasgow for thirty years.

I'd very much like to know who the genius is who decided that Steven Gerrard is potentially an elite manager.
The league he manages in has two potential winners, everyone else plays for third spot.
In fact, I cannot remember the last time a club, other than Rangers or Celtic won the top league in Scotland and I'm 71 and lived in Glasgow for thirty years.
Aberdeen 84/85 lol

Right. This thread is getting somewhere now. New manager criteria:

- Can't view Villa as a stepping stone
- Preferably PL experience
- Experience of playing and beating the best teams in Europe
- Young in career terms but with experience at the top table
- Attack minded
- Used to DoF/Sporting Director setup
- Plays 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1

I've a name in mind and I believe they just became available.

- Attack minded
- Plays 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1

Klopp it is then

- Attack minded
- Plays 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1

Dean Smith

Unsurprisingly I agree with every word that he says. I know most of my posts r.e Gerrard relate to him leaving us at the drop anytime but this sums up my view also on an ability and experience view point and where we want to go as a club or so I have been told where we want to go....

I do like Simon Jordan in general tbh.

Yeah, any time over the years I have mentioned big names for Villa, I'm told

"we won't get him."

No, we won't, as long as we keep thinking like that.

Aberdeen

Status
Not open for further replies.