So Who Do You Want As The New Manager....? | Page 7 | Vital Football

So Who Do You Want As The New Manager....?

We've given a blank cheque book to a guy with a 29% win rate and who spunked £40m on Dominic solanke and Jordan Ibe

A guy who also got the best out of mediocre players up to Premier League standard.
At Bournemouth he had to pay upwards to get people there and in all fairness, the players you mentioned were highly rated. You do, however, forget that he signed Callum Wilson, for example.

I said I would take Eddie Howe when Ashley was here and nowt's changed for me to think differently. Yes it's most likely a stepping stone to a better name if things go as everyone reckons it will but if he's willing to come here and have a go then he deserves our full support.

A guy who also got the best out of mediocre players up to Premier League standard.
At Bournemouth he had to pay upwards to get people there and in all fairness, the players you mentioned were highly rated. You do, however, forget that he signed Callum Wilson, for example.

You gave me ONE example. Now please explain how he paid extra to get people there. It's Bournemouth not PSG

We've given a blank cheque book to a guy with a 29% win rate and who spunked £40m on Dominic solanke and Jordan Ibe
There is no blank cheque book Rza, not according to our interim chief and Howe is on a short contract, two and half years ? ......while she is talking up a five to ten year plan.

You gave me ONE example. Now please explain how he paid extra to get people there. It's Bournemouth not PSG

He signed Ake, Ramsdale, Ritchie and countless others. I didn’t think you’d be so pedantic to be honest. He then made several lower league players play above what was expected.

Good appointment imo but time will tell.

Additionally, it is well known that clubs have to pay additional wages and/or transfer fees to get certain players to move to anywhere apart from the shit hole that is London.

Be interesting to see if Howe will stick to playing Ritchie at left back or will hoy him in at his proper right wing role. Just little things like this can make a big difference.

How'd his last relegation battle pan out?
He did very well at Bournemouth, progressing through to the Premiership. He signed what they could afford and keeping them up for a period was an achievement. Deserved a chance and I think might surprise. Time will tell. He is a young Steve Bruce. He is attacking for a start

I'm not overwhelmed with the prospect of Howe but I'm not hugely disappointed either. As a coach he's light years ahead of Bruce. Howe developed players. Like most managers not every one was a success. Mings for example developed under his tutelage as did Brooks, Ritchie, Ramsdale, he got Ake playing at a level that got him a move to Man City.

Benitez would have been in the dugout if the consortium had their way but he's honouring his Everton deal. Emery knocked us back after reportedly agreeing terms. We're 2nd bottom of the league and 6 points adrift of safety, the sort of managers we should be aiming for with the financial clout we have don't want to know and the consortium simply does not have the experience contacts or infrastructure to pull a rabbit out the hat. We're going for a young manager who at one point was being mentioned as serious contender for the likes of Arsenal, Everton and England.

Seem to remember a couple of wins, maybe more, that Bournemouth had at SJP with Howe in charge. A 3-1 win when they played us off the park and a 1-0 win when they scored the winner in the 92nd minute. We didn't do too bad down there if memory serves.

Aye, a bit underwhelmed too, wouldn't have been my 1st choice but it could prove a vital appointment. One plus is he has experience of the Premier league & won't have to learn on the job,he'll have a shit full of money in January & hell be eager to make a quick impression. As Toon stated we'd have taken him in a heartbeat a few months ago when we were doomed. He's inherited a piss poor squad, let's hope he can get something out of it over the next few months & let's not forget fatty's fkn gone!!! Reasons to be cheerful part 1.

A bit underwhelmed here as well. As Pie Mag mentioned earlier perhaps a bit of Deja vu with all that has happened with the new owners so far. It's hard to get out of expecting everything to be done on the cheap and for it to turn to shit.

I suppose it boils down to an age thing as well because some of us remember NUFC in the 70's, 80's and so on whilst others will have only known Ashley.
Highs and lows over the years Tnmw, wouldn't like to only remember the Ashley years as that really would destroy your hope. Feel sorry for the youngsters really. Try to explain to my daughters how it was with Keegan, but it's a hard sell.