So Who Do You Want As The New Manager....? | Page 9 | Vital Football

So Who Do You Want As The New Manager....?

If this does collapse and it hinges on them promising Jones a role that impacts on any future manager wanting his own team its right up there in the fuck up stakes as letting Charnley negotiate deals

We are going to continue to look like a circus for some time it seems

Last edited:
Now being reported that he will be at the game today with the announcement made next week

I never used to be taken in by 'paper talk' but its hard not too at the minute - and to be honest I think that is exactly what is going on right now with journalsts talking shite about something they have little information on

And bottom now as well. Latest seems to be that Howe will be at today's game and everything is going through. Could really use a win later

Now being reported that he will be at the game today with the announcement made next week

I never used to be taken in by 'paper talk' but its hard not too at the minute - and to be honest I think that is exactly what is going on right now with journalsts talking shite about something they have little information on
Aye Mc lots of 'fake news' and it's hard to ignore it. Just shows what an abosulte fucking mess Ashley et Al have turned Nufc into. Going to take a while to sort out

This bunch have a lot to learn in regards to handling the media. First it was Emery (someone is obviously leaking this stuff before it's confirmed). One of the reasons he rejected was he was unhappy at the media reports going viral.

Then you have Jones coming out in a press conference stating that he's guaranteed a job no matter who comes in! Personally I think he should be on his bike but regardless of your opinion on Jones - I don't blame him for making the statement. I blame whoever has given him this information.

Now you've Howe, more media bullshit and of course he's going to want his own backroom team, any manager would. Where does Jones fit in??

Absolute fucking circus

Didn't Howe do the same with Celtic? A done deal once a couple of snags have been ironed out and it suddenly became a major stumbling block.

Im just reading it as an announcement not being made in order to protect the build up for today's game. Surely Howe wouldn't want to come straight in without working with the team on the training ground.

There's a lot of factors at play here with the media and the new owners.

I'd say that different people at the club are leaking sometimes contradictory information. I'd presume Charnley based on some of the previous regime's tactics (Colo's letter anyone? the campaign to smear Carroll in the wake of his move to Liverpool when the club were desperate for the cash?) and also Staveley has form for briefing her preferred journalists. George Caulkin (an at times brilliant journalist) formerly of The Times and now of The Athletic has at various times been manipulated to such a level that he made a point of refusing to report what he was hearing in relation to a takeover but has now changed tack and just this week was claiming Emery was a done deal and due to be appointed Wednesday.

You also have the various agents, tyre kickers, social media "experts" and football people out of work who are desperate for their clients or themselves to use the current situation with Newcastle United being one of THE stories in global football to get themselves in the public eye. I understand this was the case with Fonseca for example and that he was never under serious consideration for the job.

The third factor (and by all means accuse me of paranoia) is there are many media outlets, both written press and broadcasters who because of the involvement of Saudi Arabia in Newcastle United have an undoubted anti Newcastle United stance. You just have took at the coverage from several people in the employ of The Guardian. The wittering by many professional broadcasters on Talksport or more specifically the often self contradictory coverage by The Mails' chief sports writer Oliver Holt to see what's at play.

There's a lot of factors at play here with the media and the new owners.

I'd say that different people at the club are leaking sometimes contradictory information. I'd presume Charnley based on some of the previous regime's tactics (Colo's letter anyone? the campaign to smear Carroll in the wake of his move to Liverpool when the club were desperate for the cash?) and also Staveley has form for briefing her preferred journalists. George Caulkin (an at times brilliant journalist) formerly of The Times and now of The Athletic has at various times been manipulated to such a level that he made a point of refusing to report what he was hearing in relation to a takeover but has now changed tack and just this week was claiming Emery was a done deal and due to be appointed Wednesday.

You also have the various agents, tyre kickers, social media "experts" and football people out of work who are desperate for their clients or themselves to use the current situation with Newcastle United being one of THE stories in global football to get themselves in the public eye. I understand this was the case with Fonseca for example and that he was never under serious consideration for the job.

The third factor (and by all means accuse me of paranoia) is there are many media outlets, both written press and broadcasters who because of the involvement of Saudi Arabia in Newcastle United have an undoubted anti Newcastle United stance. You just have took at the coverage from several people in the employ of The Guardian. The wittering by many professional broadcasters on Talksport or more specifically the often self contradictory coverage by The Mails' chief sports writer Oliver Holt to see what's at play.

Cracking summary Keggy

How mature of you, as always (and expected). Anyway, I digress.

He has won plenty in his relatively short career as a manager thus far. He has a reputation for attacking football, rather than sitting back; and attempts to win each game. He still wouldn’t be someone I would be convinced upon compared to other more proven managers, but his credentials/stats are better than a vast majority of football managers. So much so that he’s certainly has had his suitors, including Spurs of late.

He won the Portuguese Cup, fair play.

From that he landed the Donesk job, a two team league. He won a couple of trophies, domestically, there.

He's as much a great manager for what he's done as Gordon Strachan is for winning a couple of trophies with Celtic.