SO WHERE IS KANE GOING FROM HERE? | Vital Football

SO WHERE IS KANE GOING FROM HERE?

Welshtel

Vital Football Hero
After tonights performance from Harry against Manky City, where do we think Kane goes from here? Is he becoming a Midfielder? If so, is it his own making or Pochettinos making? Is his poorer form just an extended ‘start of season’ slow start because of the World Cup or have we seen the best we’re going to see of Harry? Is this a seemingly unmotivated Kane that we have now or are we just weeks from a return to Harry’s magnificent form?
Does Harry have a psychological problem with season starts? If so, another question....
What do we do with season starts? Buy in another striker until he ‘warms up’?
No one seems to be addressing it or even recognising that there’s a problem. Is it just me? Ok we had the World Cup and whatever that did to Harry. Is there an injury of some sort that’s slowed him up?
Do we rest him to get him back to his brilliant best?

Answers to any of these questions on a postcard please to......

Welsh...oh I know there is an issue. The dude simply isn't getting it done now. And of course not all of it is on him, but I think a sizable chunk is...mainly because nothing really changed personnel wise.

He isn't the same...he is slower, not as energetic and unable to separate from defenders. I just don't know.

I do know one thing that is pissing me off...MP is going to play Kane come hell or high water. WHY!!!!! Our striker isn't scoring...BENCH HIM to get him some rest and to prove a point. Produce or get off the pitch!

I’m not picking on the guy. No one wants to see him scoring like he can, more than me. But a strong boss would rest him, if that’s what he needs. I’m all for rehabilitating him. He’s such an asset. He doesn’t come across as someone who has an ego. I think he would accept a rest period. Maybe he’s overwhelmed with the responsibility of carrying the team. It’s obviously deeper than just needing a rest and I think Pochettino is probably good in his motive of hoping he’ll come right and keep playing him. I notice he’s played him differently to ‘sort of rest him’ from his usual role. But we need goals and fast. Last night was a season defining game. Let’s hope there’s time to put it right.

I would rest him in all the cup games at home and abroad and we may still get top 4....

Son Ali Moura Lamela would suffice as a pacy attack in the cups . (No Lorente please)

He didn't look tired when he latched onto Lamelas pass, ok slightly heavy touch and great work by their keeper. That was well into the game and he still had the energy for it.

I remember when our supporters moaned a bit that he was shooting too often and not looking to pass instead.
Now he rarely shoots , that stat plumetted during the WC and all this season. His first touch has become clumsy, he seems to have no pace or energy.

I really hope it is just tiredness and not the case the once that spark goes it doesn't come back, examples being Fowler, Owen, Shevchenko and Torres, from top strikers to bang average in the blink of an eye.

It's fair to say that playing Kane in the same position he played for the last 3 seasons could have caused him to be marked out of the game on reputation alone. Also, with Eriksen and Dele struggling I could see the logic to play Kane deeper especially with the pace of Moura able to get beyond him.

My other theory is that Poch has been managing Son's busy schedule and is probably ready to unleash him again very soon.

Whilst not scoring, Kane probably had his best all round game for a long time against Spain. If he played like that in a deeper position for Spurs, I'm not sure there would be any complaints as long as the goals go in from the team. He's not though, and it is becoming a concern.

In fairness to Kane, he looks heavy and almost clumsy, even when he’s on top form. He’s just got that rugged attitude, which is great, not many can put him off his game and he has a great touch. I just think that’s how he’s built. But what concerns me is he’s not scoring now. It’s like he’s been told not to get in the box, just be a provider. Alli got the provider role right but it wasn’t converted. Ok Pochettino likes to mix it up quite a bit. I get that but maybe Kane is confused about his role.

He ain’t looked the same since moura came in to the team. Has he been told to play deeper and moura further a head. Don’t know. Even for England he seems like he is playing the 10 role.

Apart from when he was injured , when was the last time he had a month off to unwind . No training , nobody else training around him , no pressures being put on him to get playing again , just unwinding on the beach with the family . I can't remember . Don't suppose he can remember himself

He ain’t looked the same since moura came in to the team. Has he been told to play deeper and moura further a head. Don’t know. Even for England he seems like he is playing the 10 role.

Probably more worried about the Moura tactical setup. Like Son, he needs to switch on more defensively if we are to get this fluid front 4 working. Dele, Lamela and Eriksen have no problem doing it and shutting down nearest man when we haven't got the ball. They play as a unit whereas Son and Moura need to engage their brain better defensively. That will help Kane get back up top as opposed to doing the thinking for 2 or even 3.

he's also not looked the same since being bigged up as England's captain in June. maybe too much pressure acting as captain around the place, even if they always call it an 'honour'. He wasn't great at the world cup really, despite the golden boot.

Hmm, where to start!

Let's start with the quick fire answers:
Yep, world cup, being played all the time (due to no alternatives) and the constant swapping and changing of team and formation.

There are a number of other issues imo and they, to an extent, apply to ALL our KEY players. All this pressing, defending as a team, high fitness regime, no cover, etc are taking their toll on these players.

Also add in the equation, those key players are now 4 years older (may not be in their prime yet) and you can not expect to maintain that high tempo philosophy throughout their career.

I pointed out during the game last night, why does Kane need to defend corners?, then leg up the whole length of the pitch to attempt to aid an attack. He has never been a speed merchant. He does a lot of pressing in the final 3rd at the start of the game, mainly chasing shadows. You look at Vardy, 31 yrs old and still manages to get plenty of acceleration when needed, even at 85 mins. He stays on the shoulder of the last defender, occupies two men and is a great outlet.

Similarly Eriksen. A player that often covers the most km/game.

By not having any cover for Kane, seems Poch is adapting the tactics to allow the likes of Lamela, Moura and Son to do more damage. If that is to help Kane to manage fatigue, it ain't working.

With injuries to Eriksen and Dele, Kane has lost his assist mates where he had almost a telepathic communication. The three trickery players mentioned above are more like headless chickens and lack brain engagement.

In conclusion, I'd like Kane to be doing lesser pressing (let Moura, Lamela and Son do that), lesser defending to conserve energy and make a nuisance of himself in the opposing penalty area, awaiting crosses and knock-ons.

A back-up or an alternative striker would go a long way to fixing a collection of issues!

I wouldn't be surprised if he has some long term niggles, another reason why he is now playing deeper.

What you are seeing is the best CF in world football being played into the ground over the last 5 years because our manager is a stubborn dick head.

I have never seen any top club in world football solely rely on one striker for so long. Utter madness.

did you notice (hah did you notice?) that we scored 3 last night against the Spam without Kane? We scored more than we have most of the season. Maybe Kane's rest will do him good. It will be interesting who we play on Saturday against the Wolfs. Let's not be sheepish eh?