So where does this leave us? | Page 5 | Vital Football

So where does this leave us?

In reality our season has been over for some time. At the point games ceased over four fifths of the season had been played. We have a problem regarding relegation and promotion so that sensible competition can resume at some point. With so much of 2019/20 already played nulling the season would be perverse in my opinion. We just need a majority to agree on decisding final positions. I expect this to happen....eventually.

I think the idea would make great telly.

Get a player in the studio who’s played for a few L1 clubs (someone like Josh Wright perhaps?).

maybe he could pull the first three names out of the hat in one go and start juggling them while he does keepy ups with the hat itself. I’m sure there’s a name for this manoeuvre.

I think the idea would make great telly.

Get a player in the studio who’s played for a few L1 clubs (someone like Josh Wright perhaps?).

maybe he could pull the first three names out of the hat in one go and start juggling them while he does keepy ups with the hat itself. I’m sure there’s a name for this manoeuvre.

Be no good asking, Nobby.

I think it's what the Germans call a namejugglyhatkeepyuppy.

. With so much of 2019/20 already played nulling the season would be perverse in my opinion. We just need a majority to agree on decisding final positions.

Accepting that everyone has different views, I think this is the key point. We are approx three quarters of the way through.

If it was October I would agree null and void but we are closer to the end than the beginning. That's why we need to find the least unfair way of completing the league table.

Accepting that everyone has different views, I think this is the key point. We are approx three quarters of the way through.

If it was October I would agree null and void but we are closer to the end than the beginning. That's why we need to find the least unfair way of completing the league table.
There is actually no answer to that mark because everyone involved has an opinion.
The only obvious solution is that the EFL impose their decision and challenge any club to take them to court.
Posh have said they will, so we’ll have to wait and see.

Lesson learnt will be that every competition will need a clause that says what happens if "force majeure" type event happens

Every time we’ve been relegated it’s been unfair (Forest and Wycombe trying against us when they were already relegated FFS!) so can’t see why Tranmere should be able to claim immunity on that basis.
I still haven’t forgiven them for Sean Flynn getting one of our players sent off in our first season in the Championship or Bas Savage scoring against us.

Talking of Tranmere, don’t forget that Dave Chalinor bloke that could chuck the ball to the f*cking moon from a throw in. He got on my tits. At the home fixture that season Scally got chains put across the gaps in the advertising hoardings, ha, that showed him!

One method which I admit won't happen. Would be all the teams in contention for relegation and promotion get another game drawn at random from their remaining fixtures. A second game could be used for teams like Wycombe who have a extra game in hand.That would give teams a fighting chance on the pitch and with no dead matches make great TV games.

Lots of football players play FIFA on the games console.

Why not have each club nominate a player (if clubs can't decide easily they could have an internal competition) to represent the team and then play the remaining fixtures as computer games. Same rules apply, 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, full play off semis and final...