So where does this leave us? | Vital Football

So where does this leave us?

HarrowGill

Vital Youth Team
No (expanded) play-offs?

Significantly diminished revenues, and no way of paying club overheads?

Social distancing at Priestfield next season, with huge implications for the club (will the factory have to close? Significantly reduced attendances? Closed concourses on matchdays? What if you need to go for a piss at half-time?)

Will our fanbase begin to dwindle, given that we saw reduced crowds when the Medway Towns were hammered during the austerity years?

And will the Premiership help EFL clubs out financially, which seems only fair given that Medway and North Kent seems to be full to the brim of exiled Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, West Ham and Palace fans?

Regional Leagues will return to incorporate National League and National North, South! Have a league with Dover, Ebbsfleet, Maidstone and Dartford to play rather than Carlisle, Hartlepool etc!

"And will the Premiership help EFL clubs out financially"

I think we all know the answer to that one.

Yeah, sadly, I don't feel confident on that front either given that each club will likely lose tens or even hundreds of millions of pounds through lost matchday revenue etc.

51% majority will win the day so our season is over. The majority need to stop playing and paying to prevent bankruptcy so the fog is beginning to clear. Scally said early on that he could manage the situation with difficulty until June but would have to make decisions if football could not be resumed. It will be interesting to hear what he thinks now and whether he believes any sort of league football is viable for us under current conditions. Any help from above will be inadequate and might come with insupportable conditions so I hope lower league chairmen/women hang together and make their own future.

Regional Leagues will return to incorporate National League and National North, South! Have a league with Dover, Ebbsfleet, Maidstone and Dartford to play rather than Carlisle, Hartlepool etc!
Well I came up with 28 clubs (which would allow for clubs going out of business) including teams in the league one play offs south of Peterborough. It was only a quick count and did not include Shrewsbury.That was taken from league one two and National.I believe it might not be everyone's wish but crowds wise a survival wise it maybe the best way forward in the next year or so.Even if it was a temporary idea.But I did not include national south.

A decision needs to be made one way or another. Amazingly, on the club website they are advertising season tickets but no one knows when fans will be allowed back yet.