So what next? Who stays? Who goes? Who comes in? | Page 13 | Vital Football

So what next? Who stays? Who goes? Who comes in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we want a central midfielder, then for me it has to be Lewis Cook. I don't believe we will be signing one though. It's a position that is surely quite far down the shopping list

If we want a central midfielder, then for me it has to be Lewis Cook. I don't believe we will be signing one though. It's a position that is surely quite far down the shopping list
14 league starts last season for a team relegated, I’m assuming your on the wind up there

14 league starts last season for a team relegated, I’m assuming your on the wind up there

Injured most season. Was in the England squad before that injury. Southgate talks extremely highly of him too. I think he's bossed the game most times I've seen him.

To be fair @david-avfc, Cook did suffer from a long-term injury last season. Alas, he has a few though and allegedly hasn't shone for the past 18+ months now.

Really interesting seeing the number of players from the relegated clubs being touted about. Just from what I can recall, there's this list:

GK: Foster (WAT), Ramsdale (BOU)
DF: Aarons, Lewis (NOR), Ake (BOU)
MD: Capoue, Doucoure, Hughes (WAT), Buendia, Cantwell (NOR), Billing, L Cook, Fraser (BOU)
ST: Deeney, Deulofeu, Sarr (WAT), King, C Wilson (BOU)

You can make a starting XI and a very attack heavy 7 man bench from that alone!

To be fair @david-avfc, Cook did suffer from a long-term injury last season. Alas, he has a few though and allegedly hasn't shone for the past 18+ months now.

Really interesting seeing the number of players from the relegated clubs being touted about. Just from what I can recall, there's this list:

GK: Foster (WAT), Ramsdale (BOU)
DF: Aarons, Lewis (NOR), Ake (BOU)
MD: Capoue, Doucoure, Hughes (WAT), Buendia, Cantwell (NOR), Billing, L Cook, Fraser (BOU)
ST: Deeney, Deulofeu, Sarr (WAT), King, C Wilson (BOU)

You can make a starting XI and a very attack heavy 7 man bench from that alone!
Also, Brooks from BOU. He's the one I would love from the relegated clubs.

Sarr could be great but seemed very hit and miss, we need players who can be consistent.

A Striker, Midfielder, Winger and Left-Back are the main priorities for me. Targett is just woeful. I'd like a Right-Back too but see the point about only getting in 4-5 people, so I'd be happy for one more season of Elmo and then prioritise RB next year.

If Grealish goes then another Winger/AM.

You'd assume that unless we loan him out that Barry should start getting minutes off the bench, and hopefully start making an impact. We completely lack game changers from the bench.

A Striker, Midfielder, Winger and Left-Back are the main priorities for me. Targett is just woeful. I'd like a Right-Back too but see the point about only getting in 4-5 people, so I'd be happy for one more season of Elmo and then prioritise RB next year.

If Grealish goes then another Winger/AM.

You'd assume that unless we loan him out that Barry should start getting minutes off the bench, and hopefully start making an impact. We completely lack game changers from the bench.
Oh we have game changers on the bench but just not changes for the better.

Quality is what we need this time, please Dean.

For me we desperately need a ‘right winger’. Someone with pace who can cut in from the wing and score, a mo Salah type. Domenico Berardi from Italy would do, 14 goals in 30 last season, with 10 assists. Sassuolo didn’t make Europe (as far as I know) so could be convinced to come... 30m?

A central midfielder; Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg from saints? A little ambitious maybe, as he’s probably eyeing a spurs move, but if we move quick who knows... 25 - 30m?

A Striker, someone who can score a goal or 20. I’d be happy with Tammy back or Mitrovtic... Probably looking at 30 - 40m

Ryan Fraser is available. I’d take him all day long. Would give us something different from the left if we needed it.

If we could find a decent left back thatll be great, no idea who though!

In my dreams we’d line up next year as:

Heaton
Guilbert Konsa Mings Targett
Dougie
Hojbjerg SJM
Berardi Grealish
Tammy

Sassuolo are one of the smaller clubs in Serie A so I’d be surprised if he doesn’t move on. He can’t be on huge money.
I really don’t understand the fascination with Mitrovic from our fans. To me he looks a championship or PL struggler type striker. If we are hoping for a high quality statement signing, Mitro isn’t it.

As i said before i think there has to be a certain amount of realism when it comes to our potential signings. Whilst someone like James McCarthy wouldnt be the big marquee signing we are looking for, and dont get me wrong I'm not advocating his purchase, he, or someone of a similar ilk, may be the next step on what I believe is a longer journey than most think. Im not into the big name signings will do a job for us, you've only got to look at the players with great reputations elsewhere who have pretty much failed in the premiership, the mercenaries trying to make a quick buck off the back of a rich owner, Ozil and Robinho spring to mind.

I hope we make good premiership experienced signings, consolidate our position for another year and then kick on.... Rome wasnt built in a day

Status
Not open for further replies.