So what next? Who stays? Who goes? Who comes in? | Vital Football

So what next? Who stays? Who goes? Who comes in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanoVilla

One Bloody Number
Not long to go until the start of the next season, so I hope the powers that be already have plans in place.

In terms of expiring contracts, I think I'm right in saying it's only Reina and Sarkic who are leaving (along with the released list published a few weeks ago)

We have 8 players who's contracts are due to end in 2021....

Hourihane
Jota
Taylor
Davis
Elmo
Lansbury
Nyland
Bree

I'd be trying to cash in on all of those except Hourihane (who I'd be offering a 1 or 2 year extension to).

It's gonna be peanuts... average of 500k per player maybe, but thats still £3.5 million plus all those wages off the books.

I'd also be looking to sell Samatta or Wesley (given Wesley's injury and the price we paid we might struggle to sell him), so likely to be Samatta.

Nakamba... Engels... wouldn't be sad to see any of those two sold if we can get our money back or close to.

So that's 8-10 players out... potentially £20 million in + whatever Wes and Nas areprepared to put into the rectruitment pot.

Obviously a lot depends on what happens with Grealish, but lets assume he's staying, what do we then need to add?

I think we're ok in goal. Heaton will be back fit, Steer is a capable no.2 and we must have a decent youngster in reserve.

Guilbert has been hit and miss, so if Elmo is sold due to his contract running out, then I think a new RB is a priority.

Would love to see an experienced CB to come in and partner Mings. Get rid of Engels, and Konsa used as 3rd choice. Hause can stay as a squad player.

LB also a priority. Targett isn't good enough, but I'd keep him for backup.

Central midfield I think we're pretty much ok. Luiz, McGinn and Grealish..... maybe a replacement for Hourihane who can then be a good squad player? and if Nakamba goes then a backup for Luiz.

Biggest priority for me is the front 3. Trez, El Ghazi, Wesley, Samatta, Davis... none have been good enough this season. I'd keep Trez and Ghazi as backups but bring 2 more wide players in.

So...

LB
RB
CB
DM
CM
LW
RW
FW

8 players. Gotta be paying big bucks for them to get the quality we need.. £20mill+ per player at least.

I think that's relaistic. Surely we can stretch to £160 million outlay?

In terms of names.... I'd be going all out for Callum Wilson. He's only 28, prem proven, recently playing for England and was heavily linked to Chelsea not long ago. Break the bank for him.

Benrahma finally to come and sort out one of the wide positions...

Buendia from Norwich to replace Hourihane?

No idea for the rest.... any ideas?

Is Wilson really 'proven', just look at his premier league record:

14/15: 5 goals in 13 games
15/16: 6 in 20
16/17: 8 in 28
18/19: 14 in 30
19/20: 7 in 31

That's not a great record is it? I'd expect Wesley to do just as well for the most part, Wesley only scored 2 goals less this season and played 9/10 less games. I think we need to do better than Wilson.

29 goals in 89 games then last 3 seasons. That's a 1 in 3 Premier league striker.

Yes that's proven in my eyes.

Wilson obviously struggled this season in a very poor Bournemouth team that weren't creating chances.

I think he'd score loads with Grealish feeding him.

And the transfer window opened today so there is no need to piss around.

Hourihane keep
Jota ditch
Taylor keep
Davis keep
Elmo keep
Lansbury ditch just for the fucking manbun
Nyland
Bree ditch

Suffered last year by losing too many players in one hit.

Far too much change. This squad doesnt need overhauling, it needs refining. Most important is to keep Grealish, McGinn, Mings, Douglas as the core.

I think we need to add another striker (Samatta was a panic buy and not up to scratch) to give Wesley support / competition, a winger to replace Trez (gone id say), and another to give El Ghazi competition.

Benrhama if Brentford dont get up, Tammy would be nice but depends on the player and Chelsea, maybe Sarr from Watford too. I think Wilson is a good shout too, but think he will go to Spurs.

The only other position I think we would look to strengthen would be CM. We have absolutely nothing after McGinn, Hourihanne, Nakamba and Douglas. It would need to be a big big signing though, someone to really push us on.

And the transfer window opened today so there is no need to piss around.

Hourihane keep
Jota ditch
Taylor keep
Davis keep
Elmo keep
Lansbury ditch just for the fucking manbun
Nyland
Bree ditch

Suffered last year by losing too many players in one hit.

Completely forgot about Bree. He must have been haunting the locker room for years now.

I see no reason to keep Taylor at all. I like him as a person, but we are better than that. Let him have a swan song in the championship. He shouldn't be in a position to get more games for us. It's tempting to say the same about Elmo, but I do think he is a better player than Taylor and his experience must be worth something.

Edit: Bye bye Nyland!

Above all we need a leader on the pitch, we have not had one for a while.
Someone who will do what Gerrard did for liverpool, Keane for Manure and even Mark Noble does for West Ham. That one player who can galvanise the team by his leadership, example and willingness to get others to turn it around.

Can we have one of these please.

Striker FFS just give us a bloody striker who can score 15+ goals.

We have to build a better squad such that Hurryup is nowhere near it. He needs replacing, personally I'd prefer some big fecker with a bit of drive and muscle in the middle, we're too weak to control the middle of the park.

I'd go get Sarr to replace Trez and keep El G for another season.

Don't know what to do with FB, neither of them defend but then if Dean sorts out the shape and they end up pressing up the pitch they're better in the opposition half.

All theses can go straight away -

Hourihane
Jota
Taylor
Lansbury
Nyland
Bree

Samatta can go once we buy a proper PL striker. If Wesley is going to be out for half the season then we cannot rely on Davis so we need another (Callum Wilson?)

Mitrovic anyone? 26 goals this season in the champ, if Fulham dont get promotion they will need cash, prem experience (11 goals in a team that got relegated), still only 25.

No brainer for me

Above all we need a leader on the pitch, we have not had one for a while.
Someone who will do what Gerrard did for liverpool, Keane for Manure and even Mark Noble does for West Ham. That one player who can galvanise the team by his leadership, example and willingness to get others to turn it around.

Can we have one of these please.
Sounds like Grealish?

We definitely need a strong centre back, I’d go for Smalling. I’d look at Mings as a left back. Perhaps Pereira midfield. Maybe Vardy would like a change of scenery?

Mitrovic anyone? 26 goals this season in the champ, if Fulham dont get promotion they will need cash, prem experience (11 goals in a team that got relegated), still only 25.

No brainer for me
Not sure who, anyone else we got in would be untested in the prem, unless we ended up taking one of the other clubs players, but who? your talking Jiminez, Richarlison, Ings as only ones being notably better than Mitro on paper.

Not sure those clubs would sell. I honestly think in a creative team, Mitro could hit 20

Well we should probably only be getting rid of fringe players really, then just improve the quality of the squad pushing some of the current starters onto the bench.

Get rid:-
Kalinic
Nyland
Taylor
Lansbury
Hogan
Bree
Jota
El Ghazi

El Ghazi can fuck off as well, he just seems like the stereotypical, couldn't give a fuck mercenary footballer to me. Frustrating as he does have talent, but the bloke has no heart.
Sign a LB, CF, CM and Winger maybe 2 wingers. £25-30M average across those should be doable

Status
Not open for further replies.