So what next? Who stays? Who goes? Who comes in? | Page 25 | Vital Football

So what next? Who stays? Who goes? Who comes in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky Sports don't usually report transfers until they are fairly close to completion and the transfer makes sense considering Dean has coached Watkins before etc. etc. I can't see why Watkins would want to go anywhere else unless he wants to stay in London and play for Palace.

Rashica's agent seems adamant that a move to Villa is going to happen and there don't seem to be any conflicting reports to the contrary. WB have signed a new winger on loan. Makes sense.

I'm not on twitter so I can't speak for the ITK accounts. I just follow sky sports and BBC and this forum.

Sorry, SkySports is one of the worst for making shit up, they frequently report on bollox that the tabloids have posted. They also conveniently have an online betting site offering odds on all these transfer rumours.
Rashica will be off somewhere, but most media outlets in Germany have been linking him with Leipzig - hopefully he comes here, but its certainly not guaranteed

We have only 6 players that are the standard required.

Heaton
Mings
Konsa
Luiz
McGinn
Grealish

A few of the others are squad players.

Steer
Targett
Guilbert
Nakamba

What have you possibly seen in nakamba for him to be in that 2nd group?

I've seen far more glimpses of ability from the likes of Hourihane, Taylor, Elmo, Trez, Ghazi... Heck even Wesley and Samatta than I have from Atrocious Nakamba

Nakamba was a stand-out player in a number of matches last season, as several commentators pointed out.

If by stand out you mean won the ball then gave it straight back. Modern day Reo-Coker.

I've never seen him have a good game personally.

Him losing his place in the team only backs that up.

Sorry, SkySports is one of the worst for making shit up, they frequently report on bollox that the tabloids have posted. They also conveniently have an online betting site offering odds on all these transfer rumours.
Rashica will be off somewhere, but most media outlets in Germany have been linking him with Leipzig - hopefully he comes here, but its certainly not guaranteed
I can't stand Darma Sheth either, he's a right muppett

How on earth could you possibly know that

I hope we are close to signing someone but I haven’t seen any concrete rumours from any reputable sources. People clinging to Twitter “in the know” accounts... I could make up an account and post some rumours doesn’t make it true at all
Not intending to be picky but what the hell is a "concrete rumour"? Surely that's a contradiction of ideas.

There were times when I thought Nakamba looked promising but needed coaching to sharpen him up a bit. Working on him could turn him into a useful squad member but I agree he dropped some real clangers at times. He was one of those players who milked the cow then kicked the bucket over.

Gueye
If by stand out you mean won the ball then gave it straight back. Modern day Reo-Coker.

I've never seen him have a good game personally.

Him losing his place in the team only backs that up.
Gueye was below average for us yet now is supposed to be a world beater. Sort of!
It's happened a few times with lesser known players. Edna Stevens for example.
Nakamba? OK at the start but terrible afterwards....like Engels.

Gueye
Gueye was below average for us yet now is supposed to be a world beater. Sort of!
It's happened a few times with lesser known players. Edna Stevens for example.
Nakamba? OK at the start but terrible afterwards....like Engels.

Gueye was very good for us. Every game he'd make loads of tackles and interceptions only for whoever he passedit onto to immediately lose it and he'd have to chase after it again. How he didn't have to take a year off after the amount of running he did trying to cover westwood i don't know. Of course he used to get pelters for not scoring or creating if I remember correctly.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but apparently Andre Green has been released. Had high hopes for him but he never seemed too confident of himself. Unfortunate as well as he looked like he was going to get a proper run in the first team at the beginning of Bruce's 1st full season and scored a brilliant goal vs Norwich too but got injured and missed a large part of the season.

Didn't really grasp his chance when Smith recalled him either but he played his part in the promotion season and I doubt that any Villa fan will forget that 3rd goal vs Sheffield Utd in a hurry. Good luck Andre, hope you can stay injury free and have a good career.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but apparently Andre Green has been released. Had high hopes for him but he never seemed too confident of himself. Unfortunate as well as he looked like he was going to get a proper run in the first team at the beginning of Bruce's 1st full season and scored a brilliant goal vs Norwich too but got injured and missed a large part of the season.

Didn't really grasp his chance when Smith recalled him either but he played his part in the promotion season and I doubt that any Villa fan will forget that 3rd goal vs Sheffield Utd in a hurry. Good luck Andre, hope you can stay injury free and have a good career.

Can't see anything official?

But same as you, had high hopes and wish him nothing but luck as he moves on.

Comes into the Davis category. Popular with fans but.....
Anyway good luck to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.