So, whadda we gonna moan abart? | Page 142 | Vital Football

So, whadda we gonna moan abart?

Not quite - I did say unless he had a lawful excuse for being there.
And there was me, trying to make you look reasonable. ;)

Seriously ..... that's why I mentioned he should have come clean with the detail, and given a full timeline .Depending on when he left London, (and started with symptoms), then maybe he should still have been isolating.

And there was me, trying to make you look reasonable. ;)

Seriously ..... that's why I mentioned he should have come clean with the detail, and given a full timeline .Depending on when he left London, (and started with symptoms), then maybe he should still have been isolating.

But like I said it’s two separate issues. The initial journey then the day trip. Whether he should still have been isolating is irrelevant - even if he didn’t need to, the law would still prohibit that 30 mile visit without lawful excuse.

Harsh to say, but he IF he did travel for that reason then clearly that would have been in contravention of the law.

Is that grounds to sack him? Handled correctly - a full apology etc etc then clearly no. However we both know that wouldn’t have sufficed. A apology in this day and age sadly isn’t enough, there is no longer any forgiveness. Is like the ‘cancel culture’ one indiscretion and they aim to end careers. Criminals in this country get more sympathy and discretion shown.

Regardless the child care reason - given his wife and he both had covid - seems right to me and not fabricated. Ultimately all this micro analysing a parents child care decision is frankly ludicrous when you step away from it and consider it in perspective.

As I said last night, I’m off to bed and no doubt this story will still be running so we’ll pick it up tomorrow. 👍

The eye witness to this, no truth that he is an ex teacher, current school governor, Labour party member and close friend of ex Labour MP Helen Goodman?

Hardly a surprise...if it transpires the person is lying then they should be sacked. These lot have previous for making things up to get their own way.

:rofl: PMSL ................... "you wouldn't expect someone to be, er, erm, sort of, you know, sort of, not giving the absolute er categoric truth to the Prime Minister".

Even I pity someone like Cummings when he needs the likes of Gavin Williamson watching his back. He wouldn't/couldn't however answer a specific question about Barnard Castle. Now, lets get this clear - if Cummings/Johnson haven't already cleared this up already, and given a full brief to anyone going on tv/radio where this type of question might come up, then there's something seriously wrong. Same with Grant Shapps yesterday morning. Not being briefed (early yesterday morning) gives the slightest possibility of plausible deniability ........................... but not being briefed after the events of yesterday evening removes this completely.

Quotation taken from Sky News interview:

https://news.sky.com/video/coronavi...ssurance-has-been-good-enough-for-pm-11994206

I think this has gone on long enough now.

Tonight’s left week journalist on Sky just calling it a horrendous violation’ whilst in full rant mode. Journalist is Owen Jones so no surprise there really, even mis quoting the fellow journalist on there with him whose had to challenge him, What an absolute disgrace and an embarrassment. Seriously, whatever ones view on this issue, this type of hyperbole does not lend credibility to his argument and just reinforces the view this Jones lad is a complete prick.
Jones is to the left of Marx, Lenin and Corbyn and has become more extreme over time. I had little respect for him previously, less as time went on and zero after he played the homophobic card as defence when he got into a scrape. The fact he got a kicking due to being an utter bell end didn't seem to occur to him.
Darling of the left though so sure to be defended on here 😉

FFS, I've got a tea to make !

There must be a reason for the delay. If all he was intending to do was to give his "side" of the tale, other than technical ones, what possible reason can there be for being half an hour late?