So, whadda we gonna moan abart? | Page 128 | Vital Football

So, whadda we gonna moan abart?

Why the barely veiled antipathy toward a media vehicle which you, yourself don't use, so presumably, don't really see much content of?

Stay home. Protect the NHS. Save lives. That's what we (plebs) were told. Not really sure which bit of his own advice (presumably) Cummings didn't understand.
Maybe he was running a trial ahead of the change to "be alert" advise 😁

Showing symptoms, possibly infected, taking child (long distance) to stay with elderly parents .......

No symptoms, taking food (long distance) to give to elderly parents.......

What Kinnock did was wrong .................... but "exactly" the same?
Yep - breaking lockdown or not breaking lockdown - it's binary
Both broke lockdown so yes it's the same

Yep - breaking lockdown or not breaking lockdown - it's binary
Both broke lockdown so yes it's the same

What about the "exactly"? Seems to have conveniently disappeared. :LOL:

Anyway, the fact that Cummings stayed in a home that wasn't his normal residence makes it completely different, as you well know........ but can't bring yourself to admit.
;)

The interesting bit of the story will be the emphatic denial that Cummings (or any of his family) was spoken to by Durham police.

Last night, Kuenssberg (who seemed to be acting as Press Sec for Cummings !) tweeted the following ....

Durham Police confirms they spoke to owners of house where ‘an individual’ was staying who had travelled from London to Durham

Either Cummings (or No 10) is lying, or, they're accusing the Durham police of lying .............. or, I suppose, Kuenssberg screwed up her story.

No, not at that time it wasn't. The childcare relaxation came in after Cummings' trip.

Probably semantics at play re ‘family’.

There was no relaxation- it was in the guidelines. Either way it was emergency legislation and making provision to have childcare for a young child whilst adhering to the instruction of isolating is hardly newsworthy, nor grounds for him to go. I know the left isn’t keen on education anymore, but it’s a C- for this story.

Probably semantics at play re ‘family’.

There was no relaxation- it was in the guidelines. Either way it was emergency legislation and making provision to have childcare for a young child whilst adhering to the instruction of isolating is hardly newsworthy, nor grounds for him to go. I know the left isn’t keen on education anymore, but it’s a C- for this story.

Oh shit, don't say that. Just as 1 or 2 were on the vinegar stroke.

The Boris farted in the bath at 5 years old story is still out there if it helps finish the job.

Reading all the shite about this, Cummings obviously knows he's gone outside of the guidance, but is hiding behind the detail:

The house he stayed at - at first it was his parents; house, then, another building at the property, now, it's a house nearby.

The Police - they spoke to the owner of the property ........A spokesman for Durham Constabulary said: “On Tuesday March 31, our officers were made aware of reports that an individual had travelled from London to Durham and was present at an address in the city.

“Officers made contact with the owners of that address who confirmed that the individual in question was present and was self-isolating in part of the house.

“In line with national policing guidance, officers explained to the family the guidelines around self-isolation and reiterated the appropriate advice around essential travel”.

The wife, and their infection/symptoms - She wrote an article for the Spectator, ..... "slightly" disingenuous of her to refer to them emerging into the "London lockdown": https://spectator.us/getting-coronavirus-bring-clarity/

The guidelines - an extract from a Dr Jenny Harries statement on 24th March ......... I believe the relaxation came in sometime mid April .......surprisingly.:

Speaking at today's government briefing, Dr Jenny Harries, deputy chief medical officer for England, explained what that parent, or a couple who are both ill, should do.
She said: "Clearly all the way through this we have been very careful to ensure that as individual steps, increasing steps are put in place to try and manage this outbreak, that we manage both the impact on the disease itself, but also recognising that there are other risks - either in putting in interventions too quickly, or not thinking through some of the parameters about how we handle some of these issues."
She added: "A small child clearly is a vulnerable individual, so in this case, although we are encouraging everybody to stay in their own households - that's the unit with the same risk exposure - clearly if you have adults who are unable to look after a small child, that is an exceptional circumstance.
"If the individuals do not have access to care support, formal care support or to family, they will be able to work through their local authority hubs."

The whole point about staying put, and not going to second homes, was so that local ICU capacity didn't get overstretched. It sounds like Durham was only a midge's away from getting another case.

For hindley's benefit ........ it seems that the lead twitter conspiracy theory is that this is a way of making everyone believe that they too can break the lockdown (easing) advice, so that the government can blame us plebs when it all goes tits up.

Interesting.

What about the "exactly"? Seems to have conveniently disappeared. :LOL:

Anyway, the fact that Cummings stayed in a home that wasn't his normal residence makes it completely different, as you well know........ but can't bring yourself to admit.
;)
As I said the offence was exactly the same in that lockdown was broken - the circumstances are different but irrelevant other than.
One is committed by (delete as appropriate)
A puppet master / modern day Thomas Cromwell / devil incarnate
The other by a Welsh windbag son of a Welsh windbag.
A little hypocritical to be calling for the head of one and not the other 🤔

At times, you do yourself no favours MiW. My post wasn't over-excitedly calling for him to go, or even slavvering at the thought of it.

I merely reflected on the various aspects of what really should have been, a non-story. It's the dishonesty - or at least, the only partial honesty - of Cummings that is keeping the story bubbling.

He knows who the police spoke to.
His wife, adding "London" in her piece, invited readers to assume their location.
No 10 saying Cummings had been working from "home".

If I'd been in a similar situation, I may very well have done the same as Cummings ....... but knowing that it completely contradicted the guidance that I'd help put together, I hope I'd have had a little ownership of my actions .............. especially given the Calderwood and Ferguson situations .............. neither of which threatened to give an ICU case to a hospital 250 miles away from my home.

And to think you stained your pants at a bloke putting a couple of donkeys in a paddock for his poorly mum.
:rolleyes:

As I said the offence was exactly the same in that lockdown was broken - the circumstances are different but irrelevant other than..........

A little hypocritical to be calling for the head of one and not the other 🤔

Hahaha ........... have you borrowed Richy's shovel? :LOL:

It may be hypocritical ......... if I were calling for the head of one ....... but I haven't. Yes, I think Cummings should go ........ based on the precedent from Calderwood and Ferguson, and driven by his conscience ........ but I haven't "called" for it.

As for the BBC ........ as I've already said, Kuenssberg may as well be Cummings's Press Sec. "Sources" my arse.

By the way, do you think he should go?

And to think you stained your pants at a bloke putting a couple of donkeys in a paddock for his poorly mum.
Hope SKS mum isn't too poorly as she's going to have her hands full with this lot 🤣
Then again sure she's got a full posse if "hired help" - landed gentry usually do 😉donkey-abattoir.jpg

Hahaha ........... have you borrowed Richy's shovel? :LOL:

It may be hypocritical ......... if I were calling for the head of one ....... but I haven't. Yes, I think Cummings should go ........ based on the precedent from Calderwood and Ferguson, and driven by his conscience ........ but I haven't "called" for it.

As for the BBC ........ as I've already said, Kuenssberg may as well be Cummings's Press Sec. "Sources" my arse.

By the way, do you think he should go?
I wasn't suggesting you personally had - so no shovel needed ta 😉 You will have seen the clamour in the media for it though ?

Do I think he should go - yes as should Kinnock. They could be potted at the same time by their respective bosses in a show of national unity to drive home the message to the nation and gain some credibility.
Won't hold my breath though

Hope SKS mum isn't too poorly as she's going to have her hands full with this lot 🤣
Then again sure she's got a full posse if "hired help" - landed gentry usually do 😉

In terms of a shot on target, that's like the Marc-Antoine Fortune effort from near the half way line in the FA Cup QF at Man City.

Must do better mate.
;)

I wasn't suggesting you personally had - so no shovel needed ta 😉 You will have seen the clamour in the media for it though ?
Fair do :cheers:

Do I think he should go - yes as should Kinnock. They could be potted at the same time by their respective bosses in a show of national unity to drive home the message to the nation and gain some credibility.
Won't hold my breath though

If you truly, honestly believe that both "offences" are the same, then there's not a lot I can say.

However, I agree that Kinnock should be treated in the same way as Jenrick. There's your "exact" match.

In terms of a shot on target, that's like the Marc-Antoine Fortune effort from near the half way line in the FA Cup QF at Man City.

Must do better mate.
;)
More like Maynor Figueroa from the half way line against Stoke away - didn't it make you smile just a little ?
Sailed in over your head mate - top bins 😉

At times, you do yourself no favours MiW. My post wasn't over-excitedly calling for him to go, or even slavvering at the thought of it.

I merely reflected on the various aspects of what really should have been, a non-story. It's the dishonesty - or at least, the only partial honesty - of Cummings that is keeping the story bubbling.

He knows who the police spoke to.
His wife, adding "London" in her piece, invited readers to assume their location.
No 10 saying Cummings had been working from "home".

If I'd been in a similar situation, I may very well have done the same as Cummings ....... but knowing that it completely contradicted the guidance that I'd help put together, I hope I'd have had a little ownership of my actions .............. especially given the Calderwood and Ferguson situations .............. neither of which threatened to give an ICU case to a hospital 250 miles away from my home.

Dishonesty? Has he spoken on the subject?

His wife’s piece was months ago - and I’m sure she didn’t say in it that they’d been isolating in London. As for working from home - again we’re back to semantics.

As for calderwood and Fergie - as you’ve been told the 3 situations are entirely different. The first two wilfully obeyed their recommended advice for several reasons. In this instance adhered to the guidelines but ultimately did what he did so his child could be looked after - something I’m sure any of us would do.

As for stained pants, you and many others appear to have prematurely shot your loads when the reality is there was nothing to get you all excited in the first place. Even donkey mon has been kept relatively calm.

Dishonesty? Has he spoken on the subject?.

Yes. He (or his spokesman) has said that the police have spoken to n-one from the family. The Police have said that they spoke to the owner of where he was staying. Dishonesty?. Partial honesty? Taking Hampton's logic, they're exactly the same.

His wife’s piece was months ago - and I’m sure she didn’t say in it that they’d been isolating in London. As for working from home - again we’re back to semantics.

His wife's piece was written during the incident. .........nearly two months ago ....... when such travel was forbidden.

In it, she wrote: After the uncertainty of the bug itself, we emerged from quarantine into the almost comical uncertainty of London lockdown.

As I said ........ inviting an assumption.

Home is home ............ is it not?

As for calderwood and Fergie - as you’ve been told the 3 situations are e turkey different. The first two wilfully obeyed their recommended advice for several reasons. In this instance adhered to the guidelines but ultimately did what he did so his child could be looked after - something I’m sure any of us would do..

I presume you're on your phone ...... but I'd advise you type with a little more care, rather than so excitedly.

For the third time, he did not comply with the guidance at the time. ........and I agree (as I said), I may have done the same.

As for stained pants, you and many others appear to have prematurely shot your loads when the reality is there was nothing to get you all excited in the first place. Even donkey mon has been kept relatively calm.

Please, show me one example of where my load has been shot ...... prematurely or otherwise. No excitement from me ........ unlike your eagerness to defend and protect Dom. I've merely commented on the incident .......and the very poor attempts by all concerned to not come completely clean.

Yes. He (or his spokesman) has said that the police have spoken to n-one from the family. The Police have said that they spoke to the owner of where he was staying. Dishonesty?. Partial honesty? Taking Hampton's logic, they're exactly the same.

A spokesperson (I think is the pc phrase these days) is not him. Family can be defined as wife/children or wider parent/siblings. Semantics, I suspect both police and he are right.

His wife's piece was written during the incident. .........nearly two months ago ....... when such travel was forbidden.

In it, she wrote: After the uncertainty of the bug itself, we emerged from quarantine into the almost comical uncertainty of London lockdown.

As I said ........ inviting an assumption.

Home is home ............ is it not?

Inviting an assumption? Just a descriptive sentence that doesn’t say It doesn’t say their location. Sadly folk are putting two and two together and coming up with 7. Therefore their assumptions are wrong.

Home is home. I class my house as home. I also class my parents house as ‘home’. Again semantics.

presume you're on your phone ...... but I'd advise you type with a little more care, rather than so excitedly.

For the third time, he did not comply with the guidance at the time. ........and I agree (as I said), I may have done the same.

I am. It was corrected within a minute. It seems you’ve been premature again.

Oh and I’d check the spelling of n-one in your first paragraph - and perhaps take your own advice 😉

And yes he complied with the guidance.

Please, show me one example of where my load has been shot ...... prematurely or otherwise. No excitement from me ........ unlike your eagerness to defend and protect Dom. I've merely commented on the incident .......and the very poor attempts by all concerned to not come completely clean.

Ok then
- see point above
- first post on the topic, jumping to conclusions about given the tone
- believing he should resign, when he’s done nothing wrong

A spokesperson (I think is the pc phrase these days) is not him. Family can be defined as wife/children or wider parent/siblings. Semantics, I suspect both police and he are right.

Inviting an assumption? Just a descriptive sentence that doesn’t say It doesn’t say their location. Sadly folk are putting two and two together and coming up with 7. Therefore their assumptions are wrong.

Home is home. I class my house as home. I also class my parents house as ‘home’. Again semantics.

I am. It was corrected within a minute. It seems you’ve been premature again.

Oh and I’d check the spelling of n-one in your first paragraph - and perhaps take your own advice 😉

And yes he complied with the guidance.

Ok then
- see point above
- first post on the topic, jumping to conclusions about given the tone
- believing he should resign, when he’s done nothing wrong

Cummings is not going to let anything be said on his behalf if he's not entirely happy with it. So, yes, dis/partial honesty. Semantics my arse.

London is London, Durham is Durham, and she doesn't mention the travel. I wonder why not?

Since when have you said, "right, I'm off home", and gone to your parents' house .......or said, "I'll work from home tomorrow", and gone round to your parents to work. Stop trying to cover for him.

You corrected the "e turkey" .................... however, you haven't corrected The first two wilfully obeyed their recommended advice That was the excited bit. ;)

I've shown you the guidance. No he didn't.

Oh, and your 3 bullet points carry about as much weight as your defence of Cummings.

Now...... if it were Starmer .......... or Abbott .........or Corbyn (or any of their advisors) I'm trying to imagine you defending them same level.

:shake: