So, whadda we gonna moan abart? | Page 124 | Vital Football

So, whadda we gonna moan abart?

And this entrepreneurial spirit is something Labour and the left spend endless time whining about. So I think the word you are looking for is hypocrisy.

And it won’t resonate with many labour voters who like to wallow in self pity if he can afford to buy land to house his private collection of donkeys.
Considering I am on "the left" and completely think he is doing the right thing, that's a pretty brazen summary of what's happened here. Do you not think?

Are these the same Labour voters who put Tony Blair in Downing Street three times?

There's not really much point in answering most of the responses, but let's have a go anyway!:
- let's see if it catches on, eh.
- :shrug:
- your "picture" of a "zoo" is just false ....... a lie ...... quite suitable for a Johnson supporter I suppose. ;)
- Get off your high horse. I haven't mentioned his kids by name ...... I'm not sure I could remember them all anyway, there's so many. :innocent:
- You are ......see above too .......buying up "land"!!!. It's a couple of bloody acres FFS. If it was a Tory, I'd be expecting it to be a damn sight bigger site than that, as well as them having a dodgy deal already in place.
- Oh I don't know ........ you make plenty of mistakes in your posts. ;)

He bought land. To house his collection of animals. His own private zoo.

Personally I couldn’t care less, I really couldn’t. It’s the hypocrisy of the left that grates as we both know if it was Boris that had done it you’d be in heaven. I’m guessing it must be in the newly re written manual thats a few acres is okay. I suppose if its unearthed he’s bought more it’ll need re writing again. Still it’s nice to see labour and it’s hangers on struggling to justify that it’s only a few acres.

Considering I am on "the left" and completely think he is doing the right thing, that's a pretty brazen summary of what's happened here. Do you not think?

Are these the same Labour voters who put Tony Blair in Downing Street three times?

As I’ve just told Moonay it’s nice to see Labour fans struggling to justify their new man of the people buying up land when they normally like to deride Conservatives for doing similar. As I said, hypocrisy.

Hell mate ....... you must have started very early !

I really can't see why any decent person would have any issue whatsoever at what Starmer has done, even if it were Johnson, Sturgeon, Rees-Mogg, Francois, Corbyn, or even Farage.

So, he's got half a dozen donkeys in a couple of acres ...... . In a couple of years time, take your little un to it, and tell him it's a zoo, and see how much he enjoys it.

Get your shit together mate. You making yourself sound silly. Honestly.

Hampton, tell him.

Hell mate ....... you must have started very early !

I only drink in pubs, so haven’t drunk since lockdown commenced. You?

I really can't see why any decent person would have any issue whatsoever at what Starmer has done, even if it were Johnson, Sturgeon, Rees-Mogg, Francois, Corbyn, or even Farage.

No decent person would have an issue. And as I said I don’t. But if had been JRM, Boris, Nigel etc that had bought the land to house their animals we both know the left would have been feral with indignation and that’s the point.

Get your shit together mate. You making yourself sound silly. Honestly.

It’s together but I will confess I am finding it enjoyable to see you squirming trying to justify Teflon Tony buying land to house his donkeys.

I only drink in pubs, so haven’t drunk since lockdown commenced. You?.

I was giving you an easy excuse. There had to be a reason for such a hissy fit as "He bought land. To house his collection of animals. His own private zoo."

No decent person would have an issue. And as I said I don’t. But if had been JRM, Boris, Nigel etc that had bought the land to house their animals we both know the left would have been feral with indignation and that’s the point..

No, they wouldn't. They really wouldn't. I wonder if the MoS would have reported it the same way though.

It’s together but I will confess I am finding it enjoyable to see you squirming trying to justify Teflon Tony buying land to house his donkeys.

Squirming? Seriously? I used to enjoy the arguments discussion with you, but nowadays, you seem to take such an outrageously weird stance in some points. The article was embarrassing to the MoS. You trying to make hay with it is just ......well, sad. You're better than it.

I was giving you an easy excuse. There had to be a reason for such a hissy fit as "He bought land. To house his collection of animals. His own private zoo.

There was no hissy fit. Just boiling your piss. It worked. Though I suspect you’ve been on the sauce again

No, they wouldn't. They really wouldn't. I wonder if the MoS would have reported it the same way though.

Oh they would. They really would. The hysterical left have plenty of form for this. They can’t stand people owning things. Jesus they planned on seizing private schools 6 months ago. I wonder how they feel that Teflon Tony is just as ‘bad’ as those they hate?

Squirming? Seriously? I used to enjoy the arguments discussion with you, but nowadays, you seem to take such an outrageously weird stance in some points. The article was embarrassing to the MoS. You trying to make hay with it is just ......well, sad. You're better than it.

Given some of the shite you post from twitter I wouldn’t go labelling articles as embarrassing from the mail on sunday. To be honest ever since lockdown you’ve taken whinging and moaning to an all new level and have lost all sense of perspective. You used to be better than this, but now it seems to be the new normal and you’re no longer the man on the fence.

Last edited:
So you're in favour of what Starmer did then?

In favour isn’t the right phrase, but no I’m not fussed he bought some land. As I said it’s the rank hypocrisy thats the issue. Folk falling over themselves to excuses him, but we know what the reaction would be if it was Boris that had bought the land and put donkeys on it for his Mum.

There was no hissy fit. Just boiling your piss. It worked. Though I suspect you’ve been on the sauce again.

Boiled my piss? Give over. Show me one irrational post or pissed (boiled or otherwise) post. Meanwhile, you're making Starmer out to be Gerald bloody Durrell !

Oh they would. They really would. The hysterical left have plenty of form for this. They can’t stand people owning things. Jesus they planned on seizing private schools 6 months ago. I wonder how they failed Teflon Tony is just as ‘bad’ as those they hate?

I ......I just......I just have no response. Oh, and try though I might, I can't work out what you mean in your last sentence. Why would they fail Teflon Tony?

Given some of the shite you post from twitter I wouldn’t go labelling articles as embarrassing from the mail on sunday. To be honest ever since lockdown you’ve taken whinging and moaning to an all new level and have lost all sense of perspective. You used to be than this, but now it seems to be the new normal and you’re no longer the man on the fence.

Shite? Normally, I post links from reputable journalists, or publications, but OK, shite if you like. Feel free to provide an example though if you can ........ but then again, since you're defending this MoS article, .......well, let's face it, ........ it's not the best example of good judgement.

Whinging and moaning .....yep .....summat to do ....... but with credit given too, where deserved. I reckon my perspective's been fine ..... generally.

What was I "???" than then? I presume you typed summat ...... "better"? ........ then deleted it ....... then forgot to replace it. I think (as per the Brexit thread), I've always been able to distinguish between right and wrong, good and bad politically.

I was happy to criticise Corbyn .......and I'll be happy to criticise Starmer ....... bu not for this. It's pitiful. Really. Read it back.
(y)

Boiled my piss? Give over. Show me one irrational post or pissed (boiled or otherwise) post.

Well the fact you took the ‘zoo’ comment seriously is one example.

though I might, I can't work out what you mean in your last sentence. Why would they fail Teflon Tony?

I amended that post 15 minutes ago after replying to Richy. So have another go.

Shite? Normally, I post links from reputable journalists, or publications, but OK, shite if you like. Feel free to provide an example though if you can ........ but then again, since you're defending this MoS article, .......well, let's face it, ........ it's not the best example of good judgement.

Whinging and moaning .....yep .....summat to do ....... but with credit given too, where deserved. I reckon my perspective's been fine ..... generally.

What was I "???" than then? I presume you typed summat ...... "better"? ........ then deleted it ....... then forgot to replace it. I think (as per the Brexit thread), I've always been able to distinguish between right and wrong, good and bad politically.

I was happy to criticise Corbyn .......and I'll be happy to criticise Starmer ....... bu not for this. It's pitiful. Really. Read it back.

Yep, plenty of shite. The examples are plentiful.

Credit? I must have missed that amongst the whinging and moaning. And your perspective on this hasn’t been fine, as I said you’re no longer on the fence.

Yep, better, as I said post was edited a while ago.

I’m not looking for you to criticise Teflon Tony, I don’t care if he buys land or not, but I was interested in your response in defending him when we know full well the response had it been Boris or Mogg would have been far far different. A very illuminating reaction.

Been a pleasure, but I’m off to bed 😍

Well the fact you took the ‘zoo’ comment seriously is one example.

:rofl:Not a single winky or anything ........ and now you want us to believe you were tekkin' t' mickey. Aye. Awreet.

Quite amateurish really.

I amended that post 15 minutes ago after replying to Richy. So have another go.

I missed your amendment ........sorry .... but I still don't understand the amended sentence! ......... I wonder how they feel that Teflon Tony is just as ‘bad’ as those they hate?
What?

Yep, plenty of shite. The examples are plentiful.

And yet ........ you don't quote any ......... not one.

Credit? I must have missed that amongst the whinging and moaning. And your perspective on this hasn’t been fine, as I said you’re no longer on the fence.

Yep, better, as I said post was edited a while ago.

I’m not looking for you to criticise Teflon Tony, I don’t care if he buys land or not, but I was interested in your response in defending him when we know full well the response had it been Boris or Mogg would have been far far different. A very illuminating reaction.

Been a pleasure, but I’m off to bed 😍

I wasn't aware that remaining on the fence was a stipulation of me contributing to these discussions ....... though I do try and provide some balance and reason ..... well, someone has to. ;)

Again .... missed the amendment, sorry, ........ I'd clicked the "reply" button ages after your post, and based my comment on that ...... I guess you went back to the original post.

Seriously, I wouldn't have criticised any Tory politician for what Starmer's done ...... especially not when you have Rees-Mogg making way more millions betting on the UK going into a recession. (Yes, OK, I've no proof ....though JRM's hedge fund results will be interesting reading in months to come ;)).

Always a pleasure ......... .just don't post shite in future ....... and don't post stuff and then try and make out you were joking. ............ without one of these .....;)

Last edited:
In favour isn’t the right phrase, but no I’m not fussed he bought some land. As I said it’s the rank hypocrisy thats the issue. Folk falling over themselves to excuses him, but we know what the reaction would be if it was Boris that had bought the land and put donkeys on it for his Mum.
No we don’t.

Not a single winky or anything ........ and now you want us to believe you were tekkin' t' mickey. Aye. Awreet.

Quite amateurish really.

Oh I’m sorry, I missed your emoji lesson Moonay me owd fruit. The fact you got so wound up by the zoo comment told me all I needed to know. When it comes to donkey mon you are staunchly defensive and don’t like criticism.

As for the rest i’ll avoid creating an argument and leave it at that.

Oh I’m sorry, I missed your emoji lesson Moonay me owd fruit. The fact you got so wound up by the zoo comment told me all I needed to know. When it comes to donkey mon you are staunchly defensive and don’t like criticism..

I reckon you've missed a few more lessons than that one my friend. ;)

It was just a ridiculous story, hyped/spun beyond all reason............. though I guess that's what we should expect from many elements of the press nowadays.

The thing is though, if they create such a nonsensical issue out of something like this, how are we to believe them when they write about something more serious?

As for the rest i’ll avoid creating an argument and leave it at that.

(y)

I reckon you've missed a few more lessons than that one my friend. ;)

It was just a ridiculous story, hyped/spun beyond all reason............. though I guess that's what we should expect from many elements of the press nowadays.

The thing is though, if they create such a nonsensical issue out of something like this, how are we to believe them when they write about something more serious?

(y)

The story just gave an insight into the individual. The man bought land to house donkeys. No issue with it personally but typically labour and the left are aghast at such a thing. It is the reactions of such people that are interesting and completely hypocritical. Whatever image he had tried to create, or perhaps the left had tried to create more accurately, about being a man of the people is detached from the reality.

As for the press - they rarely behave responsibly in this country. Take the Gonads hysteria over Dominic Cummings and the effect it had on some folk refusing to download a potentially life saving app because they created a scare story about him being after their data. Too many people with too many agendas and that is why so much division politically has been created in this country.

Of course it’s more embarrassment. This fella is on his soap box moaning about the Conservatives when his own party are doing an even worse job in Wales! As for the donkeys, it’s good to know this fella is a wealthy southern landowner. Helps enormously with the image.

Donkeygate - it's feckin hilarious - which part of SKS forensic thought process missed the consideration that this could come back to haunt him 🙈

Has SKS bought this farm at a snip fm John McDonnell ?
Will all the donkeys be equal ?
His mum and the donkeys need to saddle up and prepare be papped regularly !

Brightened up my day no end 🤣

There's not really much point in answering most of the responses, but let's have a go anyway!:
- let's see if it catches on, eh.
- :shrug:
- your "picture" of a "zoo" is just false ....... a lie ...... quite suitable for a Johnson supporter I suppose. ;)
- Get off your high horse. I haven't mentioned his kids by name ...... I'm not sure I could remember them all anyway, there's so many. :innocent:
- You are ......see above too .......buying up "land"!!!. It's a couple of bloody acres FFS. If it was a Tory, I'd be expecting it to be a damn sight bigger site than that, as well as them having a dodgy deal already in place.
- Oh I don't know ........ you make plenty of mistakes in your posts. ;)
"Get off your high horse" please tell me that was intentional ?🤣🤣🤣🤣
Should it not be "Get off your low donkey" ?

typically labour and the left are aghast at such a thing. It is the reactions of such people that are interesting and completely hypocritical.
You’re creating a straw man argument here. There’s no argument to be had. Everybody agrees it was a nice thing to do.

If a Tory had done it many on the left would say the same. But they haven’t, Starmer has. There’s the difference.

Jeremy Hunt has 7 houses... Maybe the MoS should go after him? Bet they won’t.

In fact the only hypocrites are those saying a Labour leader shouldn’t be doing this because he’s on the left. Which is what the MoS wanted its readers to believe.