So, whadda we gonna moan abart? | Page 122 | Vital Football

So, whadda we gonna moan abart?

It’s mad how opening up some piss poor fast food chains has caused mass hysteria. God help us when all the pie shops open. The worst is yet to come though. The re-opening of pubs will be like a scene out of jumanji.

It’s mad how opening up some piss poor fast food chains has caused mass hysteria. God help us when all the pie shops open. The worst is yet to come though. The re-opening of pubs will be like a scene out of jumanji.
🤣🤣🤣🤣 Monkey's on the rope bridges ?

Labour - sniping without alternative or constructive solutions proposed as usual. Whilst this time asking for polar opposite outcomes !
BBC :-
Greater Manchester mayor Andy Burnham warned the PM risked a "fracturing of national unity" if he ignores regions.

And Labour's Sir Keir Starmer has blamed Mr Johnson for the way Wales and England has diverged on the easing of lockdown.

So - Burnham is whinging that he should be more able to manage his region (and per Sadiq has some options here, chosen not to take - specifically around transport) and SKS is whinging that the whole UK should be exactly the same. (When the law of the land allows devolved assemblies to make their own choices - thought he's "forensic" ?)
Guess the Labour "heavyweights" aren't talking to each other ? 🤔
Meanwhile in London Mr Khan is having a mare - not putting public transport on but heres a stealth congestion charge increase - oh dear 😉

Labour - sniping without alternative or constructive solutions proposed as usual. Whilst this time asking for polar opposite outcomes !
Greater Manchester mayor Andy Burnham warned the PM risked a "fracturing of national unity" if he ignores regions.

And Labour's Sir Keir Starmer has blamed Mr Johnson for the way Wales and England has diverged on the easing of lockdown.

So - Burnham is whinging that he should be more able to manage his region (and per Sadiq has some options here, chosen not to take - specifically around transport) and SKS is whinging that the whole UK should be exactly the same. (When the law of the land allows devolved assemblies to make their own choices - thought he's "forensic" ?)
Guess the Labour "heavyweights" aren't talking to each other ? 🤔
Meanwhile in London Mr Khan is having a mare - not putting public transport on but heres a stealth congestion charge increase - oh dear 😉

3/10

As previously posted, personally I was and am against lockdown easing and the govt announcement was poor last Sunday.
That said here's SKS again missing the point on this that "legally" the 4 nations have the power to decide for themselves 🙈
"The sooner, frankly, we get back to operating as four nations together the better," he said.
"I do think responsibility for that lies very largely with the prime minister, who I would have hoped could have got all the ducks in a row before he actually made his speech last Sunday," Sir Keir added.

So it's all down to Boris ?
Interestingly SKS avoids any criticism of his mates Nic and Mark even though they broke ranks and announced first 🤔.
Fact is Sturgeon would never be in agreement with the UK govt on anything, ever - purely on principle.
Is SKS continuing to be "helpful" or yet again sniping to score points ?

As previously posted, personally I was and am against lockdown easing and the govt announcement was poor last Sunday.
That said here's SKS again missing the point on this that "legally" the 4 nations have the power to decide for themselves 🙈
"The sooner, frankly, we get back to operating as four nations together the better," he said.
"I do think responsibility for that lies very largely with the prime minister, who I would have hoped could have got all the ducks in a row before he actually made his speech last Sunday," Sir Keir added.

So it's all down to Boris ?
Interestingly SKS avoids any criticism of his mates Nic and Mark even though they broke ranks and announced first 🤔.
Fact is Sturgeon would never be in agreement with the UK govt on anything, ever - purely on principle.
Is SKS continuing to be "helpful" or yet again sniping to score points ?

I think operating together, whilst differentiating between countries, and even regions, makes eminent sense. Johnson (as UK PM) should have co-ordinated with Sturgeon, Drakeford, (NI not so much given it's on a separate land mass) and even Burnham, Rotheram, etc before publicising his "plan". As it happens, the plan all seems based on the premise that, well, London's not too bad now, so let's kick on.

Wales and Scotland announcing first is maybe a reflection of the lack of engagement from London. I don't know. If, post engagement, Sturgeon wouldn't play ball, then surely that's ammunition for Johnson. Regardless, it doesn't excuse him for not considering the other regions of England.

As for SKS's "sniping", most of what you consider to be snipes are simply straightforward questions that deserve an answer:
- why was the advice re care homes still saying "no problem" up till 12th March?
- why have the international comparisons stopped at the briefing?
- why aren't we testing 100k people a day?

That Johnson/Raab got flustered by them is a reflection on them rather than Starmer, or the question itself.

To what specifically are you referring?

Failure to meet testing targets - aim for 9000 a day by the end of April. They’re struggling to do a tenth of that. It was announced by the health minister but the chief exec of phw claims to know nowt about it. I can only imagine for one the hysteria if there was such a communication failure in england.

Care homes - reckon Starmer would be jizzing all over the commons if the failures in Wales were commonplace in england. For example patients returned until last week of April without tests and even now u less the care has in excess of 50 residents now tests at all. And as for care workers - less than 20 have been tested to date.

Speaking of front line staff they can’t now be tested in Wales do they are taking up capacity by coming to England.

Ppe - not a single gown was held in the pandemic stockpile.

Worst transmission rate and testing of the four UK nations.

Yet strangely I’ve yet to hear a peep on this from Teflon Tone.

Sounds poor........ but I'm not sure why he'd comment on it, other than from a point of co-ordination through central UK government.

That said, as PM for the UK, I'm rather hoping that Johnson is working closely with the Welsh parliament to get them up to the standard of the rest of the UK. I haven't heard if he is or not.

I think operating together, whilst differentiating between countries, and even regions, makes eminent sense. Johnson (as UK PM) should have co-ordinated with Sturgeon, Drakeford, (NI not so much given it's on a separate land mass) and even Burnham, Rotheram, etc before publicising his "plan". As it happens, the plan all seems based on the premise that, well, London's not too bad now, so let's kick on.

Wales and Scotland announcing first is maybe a reflection of the lack of engagement from London. I don't know. If, post engagement, Sturgeon wouldn't play ball, then surely that's ammunition for Johnson. Regardless, it doesn't excuse him for not considering the other regions of England.

As for SKS's "sniping", most of what you consider to be snipes are simply straightforward questions that deserve an answer:
- why was the advice re care homes still saying "no problem" up till 12th March?
- why have the international comparisons stopped at the briefing?
- why aren't we testing 100k people a day?

That Johnson/Raab got flustered by them is a reflection on them rather than Starmer, or the question itself.
1/10 - Conveniently avoided the point of why Burnham and SKS are asking for opposite actions 😉

Probably because it’s an embarrassment for the Labour Party. Then again, whilst he’s good at moaning he seems bereft of solutions so perhaps it’s best he keeps quiet and tends to his donkeys.
No more an embarrassment for Labour than the whole of the UK for the Tories.

As for donkeys, nah, not biting. I imagine that you (and Hampton) know that was a bit an own goal by the MoS. Quite sad really.

1/10 - Conveniently avoided the point of why Burnham and SKS are asking for opposite actions 😉

Erm .....what part of I think operating together, whilst differentiating between countries, and even regions, makes eminent sense didn't you understand then? No problem .......I'll recap.

All countries working together, integrating, coordinating would make eminent sense.......even down to region level. This way, they can share "local" issues and parameters. As it is, Johnson has committed to easement based on how London are doing, blindly ignoring some of the regions still early on the downslope of the curve. I hope it doesn't come back to bite him, but it may.

I saw a stat somewhere that showed we went into lockdown with less than a hundred deaths per day, and we're coming out of it with still more than 200. Doesn't feel right, does it? I know that (at this point) new infections are probably a better measure, but still .......... a one size fits all approach probably isn't the best.