So, whadda we gonna moan abart? | Page 187 | Vital Football

So, whadda we gonna moan abart?

Get ready to download the Test, Trace and Test App.
In the winter...

of discontent.
Still we will have the shock and awe, Brexit advertising campaign to distract us before then.
More wasted spending by this corrupt government, Richard Desmond anyone?

Well, I don't care how shit it is ................... Cummings' best mate's brother has had his money (reportedly £250m). so they've got to produce something ............ even if it's only a map of suggested walks in Barnard Castle and surrounding area.

Quite astonishing really.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53083340

I'm with him on this one except not the queen

That's your entitlement ...............but the point of the post was to point out his ignorance with regard to his assumption that the origin of that act is GoT related.

That said, after him being surprised at Dover's importance in EU trade, I suppose we shouldn't be surprised.

Well, I don't care how shit it is ................... Cummings' best mate's brother has had his money (reportedly £250m). so they've got to produce something ............ even if it's only a map of suggested walks in Barnard Castle and surrounding area.

Quite astonishing really.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53083340
At the Covid briefing, it sounded like Matt Hancock had some spurious requirement for distance measurement, that allowed him to diss the Apple system.
Bet Apple are pleased.

Another question for you military types.
This repainting of the plane for the royals and the Government.
The plane is still to be used as a tanker for in flight refueling;
  • What is the operational impact of a military plane with a colourful body and tail?
  • What is the security impact of a plane carrying the royals or the politicians being so easily identified?

Another question for you military types.
This repainting of the plane for the royals and the Government.
The plane is still to be used as a tanker for in flight refueling;
  • What is the operational impact of a military plane with a colourful body and tail?
  • What is the security impact of a plane carrying the royals or the politicians being so easily identified?

I'm not ex-military, but worked with the RAF for 40 years, and I'd say for a tanker, the impact would be little. You wouldn't normally get tankers anywhere near "danger" anyway.

As for security, I reckon if someone is looking to take the plane out, and has to rely on the colourful tail to identify the aircraft, then I'd expect 'em to have as much success as Hancock's app!

It's another distraction tactic, that's all..................... though admittedly, an expensive one. .

I'm not ex-military, but worked with the RAF for 40 years, and I'd say for a tanker, the impact would be little. You wouldn't normally get tankers anywhere near "danger" anyway.

As for security, I reckon if someone is looking to take the plane out, and has to rely on the colourful tail to identify the aircraft, then I'd expect 'em to have as much success as Hancock's app!

It's another distraction tactic, that's all..................... though admittedly, an expensive one. .

TBF tho Moonay, the RAF are hardly HM Forces, I mean when the Army go on exercise/ maneuvers they dig there own bed space, erect a tent & get their head down....when the Navy go on exercise / maneuvers they sleep 2 /3 high bunk beds .....when the RAF go in exercise / maneuvers they check in at hotel reception, request concierge to take their bags to the room whilst enquiring about room service....😉

TBF tho Moonay, the RAF are hardly HM Forces, I mean when the Army go on exercise/ maneuvers they dig there own bed space, erect a tent & get their head down....when the Navy go on exercise / maneuvers they sleep 2 /3 high bunk beds .....when the RAF go in exercise / maneuvers they check in at hotel reception, request concierge to take their bags to the room whilst enquiring about room service....😉

Hee hee ....... I half expected a response like that Jock, knowing the attitudes of the various services toward each other. I didn't really mean it this way, but :fish:
;)

You are quite correct though.

The story on the app gets no better. The government were obviously being led/advised by those to whom they'd contracted the job .................... but given that they were supposed to be trusted mates, you'd have thought they'd have their back a little better than they apparently have.

Unless of course, it's all just another strand of the her immunity strategy. :hmmm:

£12m wasted on the app according to the Sun. I could have told anyone it wouldn’t work about 2 months ago. In fact I did.

This government are just tragic.

£12m wasted on the app according to the Sun. I could have told anyone it wouldn’t work about 2 months ago. In fact I did.

This government are just tragic.

Just amazed that you've not been 'talent' spotted or 'head hunted' by either the government or opposition such is your superior hindsight knowledge. Bet you even knew about the low dosage steroid drug would work before those who trialed it.....

I'm sure most oft-filmed people get shot in an unflattering pose or two occasionally.................... mostly, unawares.

At PMQs however, when you're literally, the focus of attention, is it too much to ask for the PM to give the impression of being remotely competent?

It's getting beyond a joke now. With his denials, incorrect answers and down right lies, he's embarrassing not just himself, but the rest of his party.

Not sure which is the funnier .................. Jenrick's little "favour" being unearthed and exposed bit by excruciating bit, or the PM saying that the matter's closed, when it quite clearly isn't.

I've little doubt corruption like this has always gone on, but the amateurish approach in this instance is just embarrassing.

Good Lord. It’s been a long time but finally, finally, we’ve seen some backbone from a Labour leader. Wrong Daily potted for endorsing anti Semitic conspiracy theories.

I’ve no doubt he’ll get a lot of shit from the corbynites for sacking the mini me but this was absolutely the right decision. If he’s serious about tackling this racism and changing the culture then he had to take this stand and I applaud him for it. Decisive action and absolutely the right decision. Despite my criticism of him it was the first acid test of his tenure and he’s passed. I was surprised he employed her in the first place and perhaps he was waiting for an opportunity to get shut given her reluctance and inability to bring the educations unions to heel. Regardless, his credibility has gone a notch.

Though I can understand why he felt the need to do it, I don't actually think she's guilty of the accusation of supporting (by re-tweeting) antisemitism .......... mainly because what Maxine Peake wrote wasn't in itself anti-semitic, but merely critical of an (alleged) Israeli State Police tactic......... ie kneeling on the neck.

That said, at the very least, it was certainly naive of RLB .......... and her pretty rapid "half apology" was very poor. So, I suppose in order to be seen as being true to his word, he had to take action.

Being critical of a Nation State shouldn't necessarily be seen as an act to be denounced. Being critical of the citizens of that state (as a whole), yes .......or the religion they follow, absolutely. The tactics of their police force ........ no.

Addendum:

Also, given that Johnson has tried to close the Jenrick incident, even though there's something very obviously dubious about the whole thing, it does rather tie Johnson at the hip to Kenrick should anything else surface.

Fundamentally though, to rush the deal through quickly, simply to avoid paying the £40m fee to one of the poorest boroughs is just shameful. Tax evasion by another name.

Though I can understand why he felt the need to do it, I don't actually think she's guilty of the accusation of supporting (by re-tweeting) antisemitism .......... mainly because what Maxine Peake wrote wasn't in itself anti-semitic, but merely critical of an (alleged) Israeli State Police tactic......... ie kneeling on the neck.

That said, at the very least, it was certainly naive of RLB .......... and her pretty rapid "half apology" was very poor. So, I suppose in order to be seen as being true to his word, he had to take action.

Being critical of a Nation State shouldn't necessarily be seen as an act to be denounced. Being critical of the citizens of that state (as a whole), yes .......or the religion they follow, absolutely. The tactics of their police force ........ no.

Addendum:

Also, given that Johnson has tried to close the Jenrick incident, even though there's something very obviously dubious about the whole thing, it does rather tie Johnson at the hip to Kenrick should anything else surface.

Fundamentally though, to rush the deal through quickly, simply to avoid paying the £40m fee to one of the poorest boroughs is just shameful. Tax evasion by another name.

Seems such an unnecessary thing to put in an article, especially given there is zero proof US cops adopted the method from the Israeli security services. I’m not naive to think that the security services of most nations don’t use what could be adjudged to be excessive force (they’d be pretty poorly trained if they didn’t), but it begs the question why bring Israel into it? It can be argued it’s ‘subtle’ anti semitism. Regardless I understand she was asked to delete the endorsement and didn’t. Don’t think it left Starmer with much option to be honest.

In regards Kenrick I’ll be honest and say I haven’t paid much attention to this ‘issue’ or the details so have no real opinion at this stage. I have noticed there isn’t much furore so maybe that’s indicative there isn’t much of an issue. I suppose the PMs support is a result of Kenricks support during the Cummings storm. You can term it repaying loyalty - in regards Starmer and WD you can assume there was none there to begin with and the issues and perhaps long term importance of them are completely different.

I agree with most of your first para ........ I presume you mean Maxine Peake had the option to remove it.

I think Starmer might have had an option if in her second tweet (the "apology"), she'd have been clear as to which bit she didn't agree with ........but she didn't ........ so you're right, Starmer didn't.

The Kenrick affair stinks. ................. and it's hasn't been helped by Nadhim Zahawi basically saying that anyone can get access to Ministers if they donate to the Tory party.

It's the hypocrisy that I can't stand........like them voting against the regular Covid testing of NHS staff after clapping them for weeks on end. Shameful.