So, whadda we gonna moan abart? | Page 166 | Vital Football

So, whadda we gonna moan abart?

Just watching the "scenes" in London on the sky live feed -massive police restraint in the face of rent a mob.
Have you seen the state of these lot ?
Clearly the protesters had been infiltrated by the planned looters - hope JD have got their shutters down on Oxford St !

Media John? How? They hardly told people to go.
If that’s what you think that’s fine. No one one media or bbc or itv. Condemned it in America not on the programmes I saw Police can’t do anything to stop it it’s called mob rule If one of these gets hurt and black it will be all over the new now and these lot know it. Sad as it was in America you can’t have this

Just watched some of it on. different news stations. Not one of the reporters condemned it saying they. should be there with Covid. Feel sorry for the Police. they can’t social distance and have to go home to there families

If this had been a load of football fans attacking police in the middle of a pandemic there would be national outrage.Those responsible would rightly be severely dealt with by full force from the police and be thrown in jail.
What's the difference?None,other than the fact they would be accused of being racist if they used the same force and punishment as they would on violent football fans.
The disgusting,cowardly,racist murder of George Floyd happened in AMERICA and has nothing to do with our police force.
As I said in another thread I have no problem with a peaceful protest as racism is wrong,but not in the middle of a f****** pandemic,as mass gatherings are prohibited.Additionally the fact it has turned violent again has just made the whole thing worse and quite frankly IMO it's an absolute disgrace!Some people there don't give a toss about what happened in America,they are just using it as an excuse to cause trouble and rebel against the government and police.
The ironic thing is they are saying 'black lives matter'(which they do),but they are twice as likely to die from this disease as whites,so if they mattered so much then surely they should wait till it's safer to protest.

What happened in America was shocking and I agree things need to change. Racism and discrimination occurs across the world and always has done, it’s disgraceful that it happens and it’s be great if things would change. Just focusing on BLM doesn’t seem right though and is just focusing on one ethnic group, it’s probably making people more divided. Personally I don’t care where someone is from etc as long as they’re a decent person. Going out protesting in the middle of a pandemic and potentially spreading the infection seems thoughtless to me. I’d say the majority fall within the age bracket where they are less likely to fall seriously ill but can spread it to more vulnerable people. Also it didn’t help that ‘celebrities’ joined in and probably attracted more people to the demonstrations. Now isn’t the time for this sort of thing to be happening.

I roundly applaud the unequivocal condemnation of the behaviour of protesters/looters/banksy wannabes during last nights clashes with police in London contained within the joint statement released by Sir Keir Starmer and Mayor Khan - well done to both 👏👏👏

I roundly applaud the unequivocal condemnation of the behaviour of protesters/looters/banksy wannabes during last nights clashes with police in London contained within the joint statement released by Sir Keir Starmer and Mayor Khan - well done to both 👏👏👏

Yep. Nice to see the PM's signature on there too.

Actually, the Mayor (who you might expect to have more skin in the game) has done exactly that. As for Starmer ......has he become PM all of a sudden?

Yep. Nice to see the PM's signature on there too.

Actually, the Mayor (who you might expect to have more skin in the game) has done exactly that. As for Starmer ......has he become PM all of a sudden?

Yes thats a massive condemnation from Sadiq of the police intimidation and violence right there🙈
As for the Labour opposition and it's leader - nada 🙊
You obviously missed the output fm the govt and the met police on Marr this morning.
You also missed our Lisa making a complete tit out of herself - oh dear dear me 😉

Yes thats a massive condemnation from Sadiq of the police intimidation and violence right there🙈
As for the Labour opposition and it's leader - nada 🙊
You obviously missed the output fm the govt and the met police on Marr this morning.
You also missed our Lisa making a complete tit out of herself - oh dear dear me 😉
So, at least you concede that he did condemn the violence.

Didn't see any of this morning's news ...... catching up on a few clips now though. As it happens, from what I've seen so far, Nandy has got loads of credit from her appearance. Haven't seen it yet, but will pass opinion when I do.

"Tiny minority" really.........!
Well, wasn't it? I don't know the numbers, but I'd guess that from (hundreds of?) thousands of people there, then there were maybe hundred(s?) causing trouble. You tell me the numbers.

It's disgraceful for there to be any violence at all, and the gathering in the first place was obviously ill advised, but let's not tar everyone with the same brush. Like football violence, it's easy to label everyone generically, but we all know that's not the case. Same here.

A vast majority where not socially distancing and have completely ignored any advice.
Khan Nandy Burnham and hundreds more have all supported the demonstrations despite having the knowledge that keeping two metres apart just wasn't possible. Together they are all guilty of undermining the countries efforts to beat the virus and need to be removed from office. None of these clowns are fit to have their positions and need to go. Where has Burnham's Scouse accent gone. Bloody hypocrite of a first degree nature.

So, at least you concede that he did condemn the violence.

Didn't see any of this morning's news ...... catching up on a few clips now though. As it happens, from what I've seen so far, Nandy has got loads of credit from her appearance. Haven't seen it yet, but will pass opinion when I do.

Well, wasn't it? I don't know the numbers, but I'd guess that from (hundreds of?) thousands of people there, then there were maybe hundred(s?) causing trouble. You tell me the numbers.

It's disgraceful for there to be any violence at all, and the gathering in the first place was obviously ill advised, but let's not tar everyone with the same brush. Like football violence, it's easy to label everyone generically, but we all know that's not the case. Same here.
Ok if that suits your narrative keep believing it.
Many more than a few hundred police baiting protesters based on the live coverage on sky last night but move on nothing to see here !
And your football analogy falls down on the restrained way the police responded - if it was football fans they'd have been baton charged and arrested with banning orders impised on future activities - rightly so an all - sadly the response was soft due to "nature" of the protest.
Maybe we should start a "football fans matter" group and do our own virtue signalling and faux outrage to avoid and consequences to stupid behaviour ?

Also, If Nandy is getting any credit for this morning I'm yet to see it. She's been roundly pelted from all sides - a performance of ultimate hypocrisy (BLM no condemnation vs. anti-semitism in Labour. Lack of social distancing and not calling out Trump) together with a masterclass in fence sitting that you yourself would have been proud of 😉

Well done to the Orwellian mob of Bristol attempting to re- write history today 👏👏
Erasing events from memory is nothing but failing to recognise and learn from the mistakes of the past.
Again, where are the police ?
Would a group of brexit activists, fathers for justice members or football fans be allowed to behave in this way and walk away with impunity ? I think not 🤔
Are double standards not prejudicial by definition?