So, whadda we gonna moan abart? | Page 163 | Vital Football

So, whadda we gonna moan abart?

Maybe he should but literally millions of others have broken the rules for one reason or another. Some blatantly and some not so blatantly.

But those millions aren't special advisors to the prime minister. Nor did they help devise the lockdown plan and rules. As such, whilst I don't agree with their actions, they get a little bit extra leeway.

Politicians, bloody slime balls the lot of them.

Nah, not all, just a lot! I wonder when they begin to turn? I do believe a lot of them get into it for the right reasons but then just lose their way. Corrupted by the necessity to be all things to all people? Promise the earth and deliver a cart.

But those millions aren't special advisors to the prime minister. Nor did they help devise the lockdown plan and rules. As such, whilst I don't agree with their actions, they get a little bit extra leeway.

Nah, not all, just a lot! I wonder when they begin to turn? I do believe a lot of them get into it for the right reasons but then just lose their way. Corrupted by the necessity to be all things to all people? Promise the earth and deliver a cart.

On your 2nd paragraph VF, I'm with u, they probably start with all good intentions, dead keen, enthusiastic & wanting to do a good job...get to the fabled HoC then corrupted by the 'old sweats' as we used to say in the Army...SWEATS = Soldier With Education And Training...which inturn means, listen gobshite we've got a nice wee number going here, don't fuck it up by trying to shine!!!

3 thoughts from today (well, yesterday)...

- Jenrick.......oh dear.

- Sunak pisses all over any other minister ....and especially the PM.

- this is worrying to say the least.

Stay safe everyone.

2 things moonay....

First I just don't believe those figures at all especially as a country like Spain are desperate to kick start their tourism industry and also regarding ours, where are all these deaths ?.... I know nobody who has died or know anybody who knows anybody that has died ( and that's not to diminish anything from people on here who have lost loved ones, I just dont know anyone ).

Second...
Is something I've known for years....we as a country are one of ( if not the most ) unhealthy set of folk in Europe. You only have to look at the amount of folk hobbling about on sticks with self inflicted disability mostly due to a rank bad diet
Diabetes is our ticking time bomb and it's 99 % down to the shite being eaten. Go to Spain and you see very few older people older people on sticks or scooters whereas our lot look like they stepped out an episode of Emergency Ward 10.

Diet and exercise is the real issue.

Edit regarding exiled...

I think it was your mam you lost wasnt it ?..

I know this must be a horrible time for you and please believe me when I say none of this is aimed at your mam in any way it's just I feel so strongly about our diet in this country that things have to be faced up .....there's loads of folk who can help their selves, but dont.

Once again, condolences.

Last edited:
You're right to be sceptical about some of those figures hindley. I was too. In fact, I wouldn't normally post a link to a tweet that was from a dubious (well, unvalidated source) but in this instance, I thought it worthwhile merely for the comparison with UK. I did try to check the numbers- especially Spain's - but just got to the conclusion that they were a lot lower than ours. Hundreds of deaths a day still seems really really high.

See here - https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/spain/

As for deaths, I know a few people - some from neighbouring towns/villages, some from work (BAES has a few very active sites for ex employees) and some from a result of knowing people in nursing homes. (my mum in law died in mid Aoril - not through Covid, but as a result of her time in a couple of nursing homes, we know of a number of instances where Covid was included as a contributory factor).

I fully agree with your concern about diabetes. Not sure it's just about diet though, as my paternal Grandma died of it years ago (after first having her foot amputated, then up to her knee, and finally up to her thigh.......... she was a farmer's wife, and ate fairly well). My dad was also afflicted it when he died last October, so I'm looking to break the family support for the bastard !

Take care everyone.

My mam had it mate annall....type 2 mainly self inflicted. She had a very sweet tooth and admitted it.

It's a delicate conversation but one that must be addressed.

2 things moonay....

First I just don't believe those figures at all especially as a country like Spain are desperate to kick start their tourism industry and also regarding ours, where are all these deaths ?.... I know nobody who has died or know anybody who knows anybody that has died ( and that's not to diminish anything from people on here who have lost loved ones, I just dont know anyone ).

Second...
Is something I've known for years....we as a country are one of ( if not the most ) unhealthy set of folk in Europe. You only have to look at the amount of folk hobbling about on sticks with self inflicted disability mostly due to a rank bad diet
Diabetes is our ticking time bomb and it's 99 % down to the shite being eaten. Go to Spain and you see very few older people older people on sticks or scooters whereas our lot look like they stepped out an episode of Emergency Ward 10.

Diet and exercise is the real issue.

Edit regarding exiled...

I think it was your mam you lost wasnt it ?..

I know this must be a horrible time for you and please believe me when I say none of this is aimed at your mam in any way it's just I feel so strongly about our diet in this country that things have to be faced up .....there's loads of folk who can help their selves, but dont.

Once again, condolences.
No complaints about your post Hindley, I actually agree that our diet and lifestyle has made this virus worse for us! Again thanks for your condolences!

A gracious response from a gracious lady.

Hope you, and your partner, stay safe love.
Thank you,we are both fine,things ramping up now as Racing resumes this Monday,behind closed doors but there will still be people there,jockeys,trainers and officials etc so will be interesting! Keep safe and keep your family safe!!

Thank you,we are both fine,things ramping up now as Racing resumes this Monday,behind closed doors but there will still be people there,jockeys,trainers and officials etc so will be interesting! Keep safe and keep your family safe!!

You have any inside info on when racing is likely to resume with the public in attendance.....I normally do a fair few big events - Glorious Goodwood, The Derby etc- I know the Derby is cancelled but not sure about future races????

You have any inside info on when racing is likely to resume with the public in attendance.....I normally do a fair few big events - Glorious Goodwood, The Derby etc- I know the Derby is cancelled but not sure about future races????
No word yet Jock,thoughts are that they will be bound by government advice but September is the earliest i can see to be honest!Its going to be strange going to Royal Ascot,The Derby etc with no public admission! I would say about 1k people will be at racecourses,jockeys,grooms,trainer,owners and officials so will be very strange at the larger venues!If i hear anything i will let you know!

No word yet Jock,thoughts are that they will be bound by government advice but September is the earliest i can see to be honest!Its going to be strange going to Royal Ascot,The Derby etc with no public admission! I would say about 1k people will be at racecourses,jockeys,grooms,trainer,owners and officials so will be very strange at the larger venues!If i hear anything i will let you know!

Heard there's going to be a few behind closed doors meetings at Haydock park but chefs have been told they are still furloughed so no food for jockeys, trainers, owners , grooms etc....I guess it'll be the same at other racecourses.

Thank you Jonathan Van Tamm........and Ian Hislop & Paul Merton (HIGNFY on catch up).

Mr Dowden, no-one gives a shit about Premier league football being played behind closed doors....even if it's on the BBC. (How much did that cost someone?).

Thank you Jonathan Van amm........and Ian Hislop & Paul Merton (HIGNFY on catch up).

Mr Dowden, no-one gives a shit about Premier league football being played behind closed doors....even if it's on the BBC. (How much did that cost someone?).
Lineker must need summut to do so he's paid for it out of his loose change 🤣

Here’s summat I am gonna moan abart.

I said weeks ago that folk in this country couldn’t be trusted with advance notice of any lockdown restrictions. Having just seen the scenes at Dorset beaches today and yesterday my assumption was correct. Complete and utter fuckwits, especially those tools jumping off the ‘door’ necessitating a deployment of two air ambulances and the herding together of thousands cheek to jowl so they could land. Risk infecting thousands to rescue a few idiots. What a choice that must have been.

In other news the hypocrisy just keeps stacking up.

We have Rosie Duffield who was in distress last week about a government advisor safeguarding his child that she forgot to mention her own lockdown indiscretions to get a little bit from her married lover.

Then we have the revelations that the retired teacher and labour supporter who was so aghast at DC actions that he rang the Police, being busted for embarking on over a 500 mile round trip to collect his adult daughter a month or so ago. Seriously you couldn’t make this shit up.

Then we have that other tool, who duped that formidable investigation duo the guardian and mirror, admitting he never saw DC return to Durham and had instead manipulated strava data to support his lies. All for a laugh of course. I expect him to prosecuted for wasting police time, if not attempting to pervert the course of justice. As I said last week, perhaps folk could have awaited evidence to see the bigger picture before rushing to conclusions.