So, Those Breakaway League Talks - Anyone Falling For It? | Vital Football

So, Those Breakaway League Talks - Anyone Falling For It?

Any break-a-way from the existing is going to be difficult, as has been proved by the time the 'super league' has been being discussed.
Any break-a-way would mean the break-a-way clubs would only initially have the game incomes.
The break-a-way clubs wouldn't be eligible for their home country associations cup games for a starter.
Any television coverage could be hampered by each country's association giving the television stations an ultimatum of, if you want our teams on your tv station, you cannot have the 'super league'.
No I'm afraid there is too much against any break-a-way succeeding financially for it to happen.
I dare say there will continue to be discussions about it every few years, especially when the ruling bodies do something that the clubs disagree with but, thats as far as it will ever get.

It could certainly happen; greed has been known to win over all. But it would be a disaster; the rest of the football world would do everything they could (which is a lot) to stop it. So it's unlikely to happen.

They already have their European greed league.
This would make most fans of those clubs away days a thing of the past.

Won't be published until next week I don't think, although one site I think has run with it anyway, but there aren't negotiations about a breakaway league, just negotiations on the deal for the Championship.

I guess having the threat of a breakaway is no bad thing to have in your arsenal mind you.