So how was 2013 for you? | Page 2 | Vital Football

So how was 2013 for you?

astonion - 31/12/2013 14:34

The Fear - 31/12/2013 14:03

Lol, nice comeback BBJ!!

Hopefully you will get sorted soon Astonion and things will look up. No new admittance date yet?

Thanks mate. Another pre op this coming Friday, booked in for the op on the 17th Jan. Hopefully third time lucky. I need to get this done now because its starting to make me very nervous. It like my lifes on hold.
Know how you feel mate my life's been on hold for over 2 year and still no end in sight.

Bit of a funny year for me to be honest, was at the end of my tether in 2012, didnt know what i was going to do, business going badly, money worries like most, but then got a freelance job which has turned into a permanent position in August and took my first holiday for a very long time in August with a nine days in Thailand. Needless to say the Land of Smiles really brought a smile back to my face and now everything is better.
And to all the people who F***** me over in the past two years i thank you for making me the person i am today

david-avfc - 31/12/2013 17:14

I would say it's been a tough year. Struggled particularly in first half of the year with being depressed and people who I thought were good friends turned out not to be. Iv been waiting for this year to end pretty much from early on in the year so I can just move on. The years gone so fast I can't believe how quickly it has gone but I haven't enjoyed it in the slightest. Highlight has to be going to the British Grand Prix at silver stone lowlights I don't even want to think about.

Yup. I hear that. You only get to know who your real friends are when the chips are down. Not a nice way to find out and usually a real eye opener.

Hope things improve real quick mate, REAL quick.

Started terribly, with me being off work, in massive pain, having to have an operation and then once I had it, wondering if I was going to get back to relatively normal, and thus, worried I could lose my job.

That started to get better around March, when I then lost my uncle who I was close to , and it kind of put things into perspective about what is important in this world - which is, enjoying every moment you can with the people you love.

Summer was very good, with a lovely holiday, me getting back to work, and being given the role and location I have wanted for ages.

Autumn, was even better, with some lovely family times like Alton Towers, family meals, being very proud of my kids with their schoolwork / results etc...

And Christmas has I reckon been the best ever, had a magical time, and one I think my kids will always remember in years to come.

All in all, it's got better as the year went on, I just hope 2014 continues the same way.

In fact, and I mean this seriously, it is only the Villa that gets me down , why the hell do I do it ?

2013 has been a fantastic year for me. In fact ive been trying very hard to think of anything bad to report and I cant think of anything.

This isnt to say ive not had any bad years in the past, ive had some right stinkers - suicidal in fact. So I suppose my message would be "dont kill yourself no matter how dark the moment may seem because the future can bring good things"...

2013 had it's ups and downs for me.

Finding one of my investment had gone down the pan due to the "company" doing a runner was definitely a downer. This in turn meant I had to return to the UK until my bigger investment matured.

On the plus side, I applied for a number of jobs, but only had one interview (with a FTSE top 25 company) and got the job! It meant relocating to the south coast, but at my age, who cares?!......

Now, I'm looking forward to a good 2014 and hopefully returning to Indonesia - were my love lies (not porkies)/lives.

Ended with lots of blood coming out of my bum and visits to the doctors........ WELL YOU ASKED........

Happy new year all, love you all xxxxxxx

Well it's gone however it wasn't a bad year at all. My eldest & his girlfriend graduated. He got the job of his dreams straight out of uni. The ex was deported from Canada back to Southern Ireland (long story) meaning my Daughter isn't clearing his mess up anymore, since the 2nd Mrs C passed away 4 years ago. She is so much more relaxed and happy.

Second son is much more stable re the bi-polar and my youngest is just fab as ever. Me & Mr K well health's aren't improving, nor will, but life is peaceful and that is good.

Good year generally speaking. All my youngsters doing O.K and that is the main. Here's to 2014

Brilliant year in the end. 2012 i struggled with my Crohns, played up big time so happy that 2013 was ok for me on that side.

I had all that crap within my family to deal with, which was hard at first but not too fussed anymore about it. Stood on my own two foot, moved in with my partner. Passed my driving test on April 27th which i wanted to do. Then my three nursing placements of the year was in Theatres, Emergency Asessment Unit for my sign off and in the Community lastly. I passed every assignment at University, passed my exam at university first time, passed all my placements. I then went for three interviews for different Nursing posts, got offered all of them. And i have another lined up soon for a job as a Community Staff Nurse. As it stands, i start at City a week on Tuesday. Also had some stuff going on with Rich to deal with... like his broken arm.. and his appendectomy operation-- like the walking wounded.

But to round it off, we just spent new years in London and it was incredible. I just feel like I grew up so much during the past year. With all the shit bowled at us, we just hit it straight out the park every time. I've changed as a person for the better. I no longer care what people think about me or my life and live life to the maximum that i can.

Happy New Year.

2013 was a decent year... i'll have a bit of the same in 2014.

Stay safe and healthy everyone, and here's to a good 2014

Barney2004 - 2/1/2014 09:34

2013 was a decent year... i'll have a bit of the same in 2014.

Stay safe and healthy everyone, and here's to a good 2014

You too Barney :18:

The Fear - 2/1/2014 11:53

I like the new version barney.

:31:

There you've been mentioned now!

i feel so loved now!!

(you only like it because i give you less work to do ) ;)

2013 was great for me, thanks majorly to the arrival of my daughter.

In saying that my new years resolution is not to father anymore children - two in the last two years is enough to be going on with.

The year ended with notice of my employer closing, and redundancy coming in the first quarter of 2014. This is actually great news for me though. I have a new massively improved job starting April, and with 8 years here under my belt, and a 6 month notice period, I (moreso my missus and kids!) will enjoy the pay off and (I) the new challenge(s) ahead.

The year will see a garden makeover in time for summer, a new roof, several other home improvements, quite possibly a trip to see my best mate and his family in Australia - and most importantly some much needed funds going into the kids accounts to hopefully give them a helping hand when the time comes.

Events and vacations are few and far between for me thesedays, but I am looking forward to my corporate invitation to the Eng v Wal six nations match at Twickenham in March, a family holiday (15 of us) in cornwall in the summer, plenty of weekends at my parents static van in wales and dare I say some memorable matches down the Villa.. perhaps?

Good luck to everyone though, here's to a good one.

2013 was pretty decent.

Moved in with the missus
My first child, James, was born
Got promoted at work
Villa didn't get relegated

2014 should see us buy our first home.

2014 for us I hope will continue in the same peaceful way it has become more of life in the past year or so.

Our usual trip to Kef in June followed by Canada all being well to see my Daughter and her fella in September. These trips should become more regular now my wonderful future son in law is just graduating has a fully trained airline pilot. Awesome as it means our flights will be so cheap we can go and bug them regularly. Dreams of the day of Grandchildren with them too now, so we can be more than Grandparents by Skype.

Anything else on the cards this year?. Just keep on plodding the road of destiny and see what turns up.

Oh yeah and to celebrate (with coke a cola) my 11th birthday of sobriety this March 2014

Villa? Well how can anyone guarantee anything with them