So, how is everyone feeling about Sunday? | Page 4 | Vital Football

So, how is everyone feeling about Sunday?

Now I am doing Sunday chores today, so I can do Saturday match day routine on a Sunday.
Then have a free hit on Monday, hopefully with a mega hangover.

I’m really relaxed at the moment. I find it difficult to imagine there’ll be anyone more nervous than me at 3pm tomorrow. I’ll be a few pints in and shaking I imagine.

I’m old enough to remember 1982 although I probably was too young to appreciate the magnitude of that situation and I would argue it’s multiple times more difficult to reach the Championship now vs then.

However, I don’t feel like it’ll be 40 years until we get another shot at this. I’m 100% on board with the ahead of schedule message and as long as MAPP stays with us, which I believe he will, I think if the football gods aren’t with us tomorrow we’ve still got an exciting season ahead.

Too nervous to even, watch or follow the game via the Match thread. May go the checking every 15 minutes route like I did for the Sunlan game. But even that ended up every 15 seconds or so. Will be disappointed should we lose, but not as much as I should be (If that makes sense), after all I would think the majority of us thought we would be doing well to finish in the top 10.
But if we do the unbelievable Jeff, and win, then I will actually do something I haven't done in around 20 years, and have a pint to celebrate.
Again if we fail, we still have the likes of Sheff Wed, Charlton, Ipswich, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Bolton to look forward to next season. Who would have thunk that 20 years ago!

I am making a mad dash home after a couple of months on the road just so that I can watch the game live at midnight with my son and friends.
If our young team have gained from the 1st half experience at Sunderland and play with no fear I think we will all be jumping for joy at full time.

I'm sure we will be ok, provided defenders are set to play, think Eyoma and Walsh will start, the rest of team speaks for itself, or should do, Fairly confident we can do this, all the best MA & DK.you can get us there.

come on boys

"Free hit" is nonsense.

This is Lincoln's best opportunity to regain 2nd tier status in my lifetime, which started when the club was in that 2nd tier.

This opportunity has been earned in difficult circumstances, winning would be a terrific reward for the work the players and staff have put into this season, losing a huge disappointment.

Yes, we may have the set-up now to sustain future L1 promotion challenges but be careful what you wish for as there is no guarantee. This is the best opportunity because this is happening now, just 90 minutes (or 120 and maybe penalties) from achieving promotion. The biggest single match in the club's history.

Butterflies now, I'll be a nervous wreck tomorrow afternoon, but have faith in MA and his staff to get the best out of these lads and complete the job.

UTI!!

Too nervous to even, watch or follow the game via the Match thread. May go the checking every 15 minutes route like I did for the Sunlan game. But even that ended up every 15 seconds or so. Will be disappointed should we lose, but not as much as I should be (If that makes sense), after all I would think the majority of us thought we would be doing well to finish in the top 10.
But if we do the unbelievable Jeff, and win, then I will actually do something I haven't done in around 20 years, and have a pint to celebrate.
Again if we fail, we still have the likes of Sheff Wed, Charlton, Ipswich, Sunderland, Portsmouth, Bolton to look forward to next season. Who would have thunk that 20 years ago!
Genuine question
What is the point in following a football team if you get too nervous to even watch your team in a big game. I really don’t get it, that’s what following your team is all about.

However, I don’t feel like it’ll be 40 years until we get another shot at this. I’m 100% on board with the ahead of schedule message and as long as MAPP stays with us, which I believe he will, I think if the football gods aren’t with us tomorrow we’ve still got an exciting season ahead.
This sums up where I'm at as well.

If we don't do it, we'll find it difficult to replace the loans in terms of quality but we've got the right man in charge to try and do so and already a decent core of a squad to give it another go.

*But*, the above said, this season has presented us with the best chance we're likely to get IMO.

Genuine question
What is the point in following a football team if you get too nervous to even watch your team in a big game. I really don’t get it, that’s what following your team is all about.
Think it is a case of not wanting to be disappointed, that gut wrenching feeling you get when you know its not to be. I was at the Aldershot game when we went down, and was just devastated, never wanted to experience it again. Yes it's all about being a fan, and you take the ups with the downs. Was also at the Fulham game in 82. It just feels though if I am there we are set to fail, by not being there or not watching, gives us a better chance if that makes sense.
I did the same for Ipswich in the cup - we won, Burnley - we won, then got tickets to Arsenal went and we lost. I will always follow or go to "normal" games. But now with the history I have had watching/listening to big games I somehow jinx the team. So hope that clears it up a bit. We need every bit of "help" we can get. Call it superstitious claptrap, but history doesn't lie.

I put this comment on the previous thread after the Sunderland away game. I think it is still pertinent now, though.

Well, this is the 3rd time (4th time if you read it before!) I have said this, but I am going to say it one more time. You have to be in it to win it. Well, we are in it and we will win the Play Off Final on Sunday, no question about it so far as I am concerned. This not the time to be saying "wouldn't it be nice if...", or "I'm just glad to get this far". As a club and as a fan base we have to start believing in ourselves and start to believe that we do have what it takes to be a Championship club. After 60 years of being gallant (and often abject) losers we must now believe that it is our time to shine. Teams at the top usually get their because of their mindset. Alex Ferguson had that mindset at Manchester United and instilled it in his players and throughout the club. Michael Appleton has clearly learned from his mentor and he has this mindset and has instilled it in the current crop of Imps players. Clive and Liam have done it too at the Directorship and club management level. Time now for the final part of this jigsaw, us fans, to buy into that mind set too. Together, we can and will do this.

I'm sorry if this has appeared or been answered elsewhere, but who is the ref tomorrow? I pray it's not Carl Boynton!

When I started watching Lincoln in 1971, the older fans were saying they had been away from the Second Division for too long. It was ten years and counting at that point - ten years of footballing disaster, really - and here we are fifty years later still waiting for that return to the second tier.

On the basis that Fulham was away from home and this is neutral, this is the best opportunity Lincoln have had to do it.

Here's an omen, or not. I was out walking on Thursday and saw a brown Austin Allegro. I haven't seen one for years, but it was on a P-plate - 1975-76. Therefore, I will be wearing my 1975-76 shirt at Wembley tomorrow. Small margins.

And the legend of the lucky hoodie: I bought my other half a Lincoln City hoodie a few months ago and she has hardly worn it (Glaswegian, not traditionally a Lincoln supporter). However, she was wearing it when we beat Sunderland. At half-time of the second leg with the Imps struggling, she went upstairs and put it on - we won the second half and made it to Wembley. Guess what she is wearing tomorrow (sitting at home)?

If this a "free hit" to use the cricketing analogy, there is only one sensible thing to do.

Hit it for six and get ready for what comes next.

Another good omen, last week a lovely seagull splattered my baseball cap before the Sunderland game and this week the back of my car is full of the same, a big win me thinks